Megasquirt tuners in Michigan? - Page 2 - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Megasquirt tuners in Michigan?
Wednesday, June 01, 2011 7:03 PM
Whalesac wrote:

Aaron Booms wrote:


1. I dont care who you know. I know a lot of people too. My father built a S10 Xtreme with a fully built Eco in it. It completely blows your build out of the water. It was ran low 10's and was completely steet legal, and he now is doing a similar build in a full drag car; and expects to run 8's. Also he origianally built that over 3 years ago, hes not new to this stuff either, nor am I. I've personally meet Russ O'Blenes, and he personally gave my father and I a tour of GM Performance. (If you're even aware of who that is.) And that is a typical dyno tuning price.

So your father can build an 8sec ECO, but he can't help you tune a 13-14sec one?


His set up has a FAST system, so hes not familar with MS. Even when Walsh Motorsports tuned his truck to 14psi (he did all the tuning for higher boost, everyone has to start somewhere), and even they had to call Dave from Fast to get some tips. I'm not too sure why everyone thinks tuning is simple, because its not. Different systems, have different programs...they're not all the same.

Re: Megasquirt tuners in Michigan?
Thursday, June 02, 2011 2:42 AM
Here's a present in my PM box to share with all.

Quote:

Date: Yesterday 7:34 PM
From: Aaron Booms
Subject: Re: Megasquirt tuners in Michigan?

We can meet up and settle this if you want pussy faggit 989 551 9445



hahaha, WOW!

Does that mean he wants ME to tune it for him?







i find it amusing that SHOoff has nothing better to do but follow me around & be an unhelpful dick in even cross-forum. - Jon Mick
Re: Megasquirt tuners in Michigan?
Thursday, June 02, 2011 3:05 AM
You told me to end my life, so id actually love to help you end yours.
Re: Megasquirt tuners in Michigan?
Thursday, June 02, 2011 3:13 AM
So....... you don't want me to tune it then?





i find it amusing that SHOoff has nothing better to do but follow me around & be an unhelpful dick in even cross-forum. - Jon Mick
Re: Megasquirt tuners in Michigan?
Thursday, June 02, 2011 3:17 AM
No i do, why do you think i dont?
Re: Megasquirt tuners in Michigan?
Thursday, June 02, 2011 3:19 AM
but hey pal, i actually have to work unlike you. so ill let you get back to harassing people on here, and masturbating to your kiddy porn.
Re: Megasquirt tuners in Michigan?
Thursday, June 02, 2011 3:21 AM
Have fun at work. Tell Ronald that I said hi.





i find it amusing that SHOoff has nothing better to do but follow me around & be an unhelpful dick in even cross-forum. - Jon Mick
Re: Megasquirt tuners in Michigan?
Thursday, June 02, 2011 5:19 AM
Aaron Booms wrote:

Whalesac wrote:

Aaron Booms wrote:


1. I dont care who you know. I know a lot of people too. My father built a S10 Xtreme with a fully built Eco in it. It completely blows your build out of the water. It was ran low 10's and was completely steet legal, and he now is doing a similar build in a full drag car; and expects to run 8's. Also he origianally built that over 3 years ago, hes not new to this stuff either, nor am I. I've personally meet Russ O'Blenes, and he personally gave my father and I a tour of GM Performance. (If you're even aware of who that is.) And that is a typical dyno tuning price.

So your father can build an 8sec ECO, but he can't help you tune a 13-14sec one?


His set up has a FAST system, so hes not familar with MS. Even when Walsh Motorsports tuned his truck to 14psi (he did all the tuning for higher boost, everyone has to start somewhere), and even they had to call Dave from Fast to get some tips. I'm not too sure why everyone thinks tuning is simple, because its not. Different systems, have different programs...they're not all the same.

Actually, no. The basic principles of tuning are universal, regardless if you have MS, FAST, TEC3 or even a Motec. When you understand these, you can easily adapt to other systems. If your father truly understood what he was doing with his FAST, he should have no problem tuning your MS. Sure there are certain features and algorithms for each EMS that assist tuning and adapt to changing conditions, but your basic Alpha-N or Speed Density and MAP based spark timing never change. However, if you are confusing the term "tune" with "installation", then that is something entirely different, and yes, there is a steeper learning curve to installing a MS than most other Engine Management Systems...but for a GM vehicle, it is pretty easy. If you really want to understand the basics of tuning and the features that MS has, read and reread the manuals on msefi.com instead of sitting here and complaining that tuning is too difficult.




I have no signiture
Re: Megasquirt tuners in Michigan?
Thursday, June 02, 2011 4:15 PM
Obviously man, you're not telling me anything new. So along with questioning my dads capabilities (understandable), you are also questioning Walsh Motorsports, Speed Industry, and Money Wrench tuning capabilities...thats a pretty bold statement. Also I never complained once. I love how people manipulate what you say on here, they take peoples words and completely twist them. Comical.

Whalesac wrote:

Aaron Booms wrote:

Whalesac wrote:

Aaron Booms wrote:


1. I dont care who you know. I know a lot of people too. My father built a S10 Xtreme with a fully built Eco in it. It completely blows your build out of the water. It was ran low 10's and was completely steet legal, and he now is doing a similar build in a full drag car; and expects to run 8's. Also he origianally built that over 3 years ago, hes not new to this stuff either, nor am I. I've personally meet Russ O'Blenes, and he personally gave my father and I a tour of GM Performance. (If you're even aware of who that is.) And that is a typical dyno tuning price.

So your father can build an 8sec ECO, but he can't help you tune a 13-14sec one?


His set up has a FAST system, so hes not familar with MS. Even when Walsh Motorsports tuned his truck to 14psi (he did all the tuning for higher boost, everyone has to start somewhere), and even they had to call Dave from Fast to get some tips. I'm not too sure why everyone thinks tuning is simple, because its not. Different systems, have different programs...they're not all the same.

Actually, no. The basic principles of tuning are universal, regardless if you have MS, FAST, TEC3 or even a Motec. When you understand these, you can easily adapt to other systems. If your father truly understood what he was doing with his FAST, he should have no problem tuning your MS. Sure there are certain features and algorithms for each EMS that assist tuning and adapt to changing conditions, but your basic Alpha-N or Speed Density and MAP based spark timing never change. However, if you are confusing the term "tune" with "installation", then that is something entirely different, and yes, there is a steeper learning curve to installing a MS than most other Engine Management Systems...but for a GM vehicle, it is pretty easy. If you really want to understand the basics of tuning and the features that MS has, read and reread the manuals on msefi.com instead of sitting here and complaining that tuning is too difficult.

Re: Megasquirt tuners in Michigan?
Thursday, June 02, 2011 7:29 PM
Ya shooff he sent me the same message... better things to do though.... oh well.... we didn't get a chance to detonate it.... I mean properly tune it. lol



Re: Megasquirt tuners in Michigan?
Thursday, June 02, 2011 7:40 PM
jason norwood wrote:

we didn't get a chance to detonate it.... I mean properly tune it. lol


we? sorry to be the jerk in this post but i wouldnt trust you to tune my lawnmower.... especially after reading the threads you have posted and basically having leafy tune your car for free over the forums....

http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=64&i=21877&t=21877

http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=64&i=22291&t=22291

sorry man, but dont come in saying all this WE stuff when leafy was spoon feeding you tuning. now if you know someone to do it, thats fine give the information and let him work it out.

Im no tuner, but thats why I pass people onto the best eco tuner we have. I dont claim to know how to tune. If I learned how to tune, I would probably do more harm that good to my own car, and would sure as hell not want to touch anyone elses car...

just my $0.02.




Re: Megasquirt tuners in Michigan?
Thursday, June 02, 2011 8:10 PM
Meant shooff and I it was a joke and yes I had someone that was going to tune it for him.



Re: Megasquirt tuners in Michigan?
Thursday, June 16, 2011 2:45 PM
Since this is off topic anyways.

I'd like another MS user to come take a look at my tune, I am near Lansing, MI. Having issues getting it to rev out completely. You can find my thread in the tuning section on the "ecotec" site.



Pontiac Fiero powered by L61/LE5 Ecotec "Innovation is a new level of performance"
Re: Megasquirt tuners in Michigan?
Tuesday, July 28, 2015 8:22 AM
I would never say any of this. My doesn't even have megasquirt on it. Are there any admins that can help take care of this?
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

 

Start New Topic Advanced Search