newbish map Q - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
newbish map Q
Thursday, May 05, 2011 8:00 PM
If you had a S/C reflash ecu and were to use a stock N/A map sensor, would it run super rich?

Jason

USACi =>146.9db
14.88 @ 90.73MPH =>GM Charger, Motor Mounts, Catback exhaust

Re: newbish map Q
Thursday, May 05, 2011 8:11 PM
it wouldn't run right, and possibly not start, knock etc...... the possibilities are endless

Thursday, May 12, 2011 11:07 AM
I think the word is lean that you were reffering to .

Friday, May 13, 2011 12:28 PM
Will correct you, pig rich. I had my turbo setup on ran ok, never took it into boost on the way to the dealer. Finished with reflash and it ran so rich, raw gas was making its way out the exhaust, wouldn't run. Got it home thought I looked over everything. At that time I couldn't afford dyno time, or not having a car. The turbo came off. Couple years later I have another car, time to try it again. Checked the map out, now noticing it looks diff than the s/c map check the part # of what was supposed to be a 2 bar, and it was not.(kicking self very hard) Put the s/c map in, same turbo setup back in, fires up runs almost perfect. I'll be getting it HP tuned soon though.

USACi =>146.9db
14.88 @ 90.73MPH =>GM Charger, Motor Mounts, Catback exhaust
Friday, May 13, 2011 1:05 PM
turbo pushes more air on the stock 1 bar so how do you get the rich term? how is the 1 bar adding fuel with the boost while not referencing any boost?? turbo adds air and stock system w/1bar cannot add excess fuel so how is it rich?

Friday, May 13, 2011 3:43 PM
jason norwood wrote:turbo pushes more air on the stock 1 bar so how do you get the rich term? how is the 1 bar adding fuel with the boost while not referencing any boost?? turbo adds air and stock system w/1bar cannot add excess fuel so how is it rich?

He was rich running a reflash ecu with a 1 bar map. I understand how.

FU Tuning

Friday, May 13, 2011 5:12 PM
jason norwood wrote:turbo pushes more air on the stock 1 bar so how do you get the rich term? how is the 1 bar adding fuel with the boost while not referencing any boost?? turbo adds air and stock system w/1bar cannot add excess fuel so how is it rich?

The PCM only reads voltages. All GM maps are 5V referenced. So the computer thinks he's at a higher manifold pressure than what's reality. When the manifold reaches atmospheric pressure (100kPa or 14.7psia), the PCM thinks the manifold is at 200kPa or 29.4psia...and therefore the PCM commands far more fuel than it needs...furthermore timing advance will be retarded much more than it should as well and EGT's will suffer.

In short...get the proper 2-BAR.

I have no signiture
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search