stock tune boost ? - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
stock tune boost ?
Saturday, April 02, 2011 11:22 AM
so when i started the car for the first time i wasnt suprised to see the af/r was in the 10's and under boost it was flashing.... but after driving it for a while it is now a stoich af number around 14.5 and under 8 psi boost its between 11.7 and 10.9 and just cruising in the 13's.. im using the lsj incectors and the car seems to pull rather well with no tune... i was just wondering if thats common to compensate not for boost but for the bigger injectors? it starts and idles perfect no missing or cutting out at all even pulling out....

Re: stock tune boost ?
Saturday, April 02, 2011 7:36 PM
KaBOOM!

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Saturday, April 02, 2011 9:42 PM
ill vote for KaBOOM! as well.

Saturday, April 02, 2011 11:00 PM
hasnt kaboomed yet lol
Sunday, April 03, 2011 8:37 PM
john zappernick wrote:hasnt kaboomed yet lol

RIP Cpl Derek Kerns And Cpl Robby Reyes
24th MEU VMM-261 (REIN) V22 Crewchiefs
11 April 2012 Morocco (African Lion)
Sunday, April 03, 2011 9:21 PM
Then keep driving it and let us how long your stock tune holds up............

Monday, April 04, 2011 3:04 PM
do yiou have the reflash or just stock.

Monday, April 04, 2011 3:19 PM
How im reading it is he just shoved in some lsj injectors on a stock tune without even changing the constant. Which means its running page rich except possibly in boost. So even if it isnt leaning out during boost, which it probably still is, its washing the cylinder walls when not in boost which still means bye bye engine in the long run anyways.

Tuesday, April 05, 2011 3:52 AM
actually my af was 14.5 at idle 13.7ish cruising and 11.7 under wot at 7ish psi...put over 400 miles on it like that and not even a hiccup.. it runs worse with a tune lol
Tuesday, April 05, 2011 4:05 AM
john zappernick wrote:actually my af was 14.5 at idle 13.7ish cruising and 11.7 under wot at 7ish psi...put over 400 miles on it like that and not even a hiccup.. it runs worse with a tune lol
Who tuned it?

Just because it runs and drives, and "pulls rather well" doesn't mean that it's safe. If you choose to run it that way, it's your choice, but no one here is going to let you advertise that that is the way to go.

Tuesday, April 05, 2011 1:59 PM
oldskool wrote:
john zappernick wrote:actually my af was 14.5 at idle 13.7ish cruising and 11.7 under wot at 7ish psi...put over 400 miles on it like that and not even a hiccup.. it runs worse with a tune lol
Who tuned it?

Just because it runs and drives, and "pulls rather well" doesn't mean that it's safe. If you choose to run it that way, it's your choice, but no one here is going to let you advertise that that is the way to go.

I tuned it. When i got to his house and he showed me what it was running i was shocked that it was still running. it was pulling 15.0 -16 af @ wot before it i started tuning it.

Tuesday, April 05, 2011 5:44 PM
SO_hardcore wrote:
oldskool wrote:
Who tuned it?

I tuned it. When i got to his house and he showed me what it was running i was shocked that it was still running. it was pulling 15.0 -16 af @ wot before it i started tuning it.
Ok. I don't understand why he says it runs worse with a tune, and from what you are saying you're shocked it was still running. It can't be both lol.

Tuesday, April 05, 2011 11:38 PM
oldskool wrote:
SO_hardcore wrote:
oldskool wrote:
Who tuned it?

Ok. I don't understand why he says it runs worse with a tune, and from what you are saying you're shocked it was still running. It can't be both lol.

I was shocked it was still running while it was on the stock tune. Its not running worse now that i tuned it, it has much better af and no knock. He says it feels slower since we tuned it. which is what i think why he is saying "it runs worse with a tune"
Wednesday, April 06, 2011 5:01 AM
SO_hardcore wrote:
oldskool wrote:
SO_hardcore wrote:
oldskool wrote:
Who tuned it?

I was shocked it was still running while it was on the stock tune. Its not running worse now that i tuned it, it has much better af and no knock. He says it feels slower since we tuned it. which is what i think why he is saying "it runs worse with a tune"

Ok so why did he post this??? Your saying the car was leaning (Like we all know it would be on a factory n/a tune and boost), and he is saying it is not.

"so when i started the car for the first time i wasnt suprised to see the af/r was in the 10's and under boost it was flashing.... but after driving it for a while it is now a stoich af number around 14.5 and under 8 psi boost its between 11.7 and 10.9 and just cruising in the 13's.. im using the lsj incectors and the car seems to pull rather well with no tune... i was just wondering if thats common to compensate not for boost but for the bigger injectors? it starts and idles perfect no missing or cutting out at all even pulling out"

FU Tuning

Wednesday, April 06, 2011 6:07 AM
This thread is retarded....... Sounds like the OP has no clue what is really going on.. END THREAD.....

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Monday, April 11, 2011 7:18 PM
ok lets clear this up the second he got here to tune it he set the injector constant for the lsj injectors.... sooooo thats why u was leaning out .... i never once said it was SAFE i asked if its normal that it adjusts itself ....... not once did i say i was going to leave it that way... and yes it ran worse with no tune it lost traction at 6 psi 1st 2nd and 3rd with a tun it doesnt lose traction but it runs better in the longer gears..... runs even better on a 6 psi tune when the boost is at 12 haha... ppl are always gonna hate just because they know more but its only a car if i was worried about it blowing up i wouldnt have put a hairdryer on it....
Monday, April 11, 2011 9:48 PM
john zappernick wrote:ok lets clear this up the second he got here to tune it he set the injector constant for the lsj injectors.... sooooo thats why u was leaning out .... i never once said it was SAFE i asked if its normal that it adjusts itself ....... not once did i say i was going to leave it that way... and yes it ran worse with no tune it lost traction at 6 psi 1st 2nd and 3rd with a tun it doesnt lose traction but it runs better in the longer gears..... runs even better on a 6 psi tune when the boost is at 12 haha... ppl are always gonna hate just because they know more but its only a car if i was worried about it blowing up i wouldnt have put a hairdryer on it....

Then crank the boost up if your not worried about it coming apart

RIP Cpl Derek Kerns And Cpl Robby Reyes
24th MEU VMM-261 (REIN) V22 Crewchiefs
11 April 2012 Morocco (African Lion)
Tuesday, April 12, 2011 7:55 AM
so what did u use for your constant??

Also you are running the saab set up still right??

how much did you have to modify the ve tables and where was you pe delay set??

thanks
jason

Wednesday, April 13, 2011 5:04 AM
john zappernick wrote:ok lets clear this up the second he got here to tune it he set the injector constant for the lsj injectors.... sooooo thats why u was leaning out .... i never once said it was SAFE i asked if its normal that it adjusts itself ....... not once did i say i was going to leave it that way... and yes it ran worse with no tune it lost traction at 6 psi 1st 2nd and 3rd with a tun it doesnt lose traction but it runs better in the longer gears..... runs even better on a 6 psi tune when the boost is at 12 haha... ppl are always gonna hate just because they know more but its only a car if i was worried about it blowing up i wouldnt have put a hairdryer on it....
It's not all hating; it's the fact that you and your tuner were giving two conflicting stories. If you're happy with the car and it's performance/longevity balance, that's great.

Sunday, April 17, 2011 6:23 PM
oldskool wrote:
It's not all hating; it's the fact that you and your tuner were giving two conflicting stories. If you're happy with the car and it's performance/longevity balance, that's great.
Pretty much sums it up..... I just looked at he file and for VE tables could definitly use some work.... Also, looks like its still on OL......

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Sunday, April 17, 2011 9:55 PM
yea its still on OL he was suppost to come down to my area and was going to bump the boost up to 10psi but the weather wasnt the best, then some how is intake manifold cracked and got a hole in it.

Saturday, May 07, 2011 10:34 PM
did his floor board fall out next?

Sunday, May 08, 2011 3:46 PM

Since when does the j ecm "adjust itself"?

Monday, May 09, 2011 9:19 AM
thats what the heisenburg compensator does right?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search