hptuners losing connection while logging - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
hptuners losing connection while logging
Wednesday, May 11, 2011 7:57 AM
Has anyone had any issues of hptuners lose connection while they're logging any eco ecu? It would lose connection for a few seconds then it would reconnect continuing to log continuously. I have noticed that it does it more with the beta than just the 2.22 version but it happens with both versions regardless. I have logged about three different 03-05 cavs including my own and I have this issue with all of them. No matter if I was logging the gm s/c reflash or just a stock ecu. I have tried three different laptops and with all three of them I would have this issue. I have tried logging less parameters and it still happens. I have sent in the interface to hptuners who they currently have and are testing with it and they are telling me that they cannot recreate the issue.

Save your money. It might be worth something someday.

Re: hptuners losing connection while logging
Wednesday, May 11, 2011 10:20 AM
I have the same problem... I have made them aware many times.... It makes it a b!tch sometimes, but I just deal with it.... Its only an issue on the PCM the J uses.....

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Wednesday, May 11, 2011 1:15 PM
What version beta is everyone using? I have not had this problem recently,. but had this happen a long time ago. I donlt think it was a Eco, but a LD9

FU Tuning

Wednesday, May 11, 2011 1:30 PM
Thanks Ryan.
I feel better now that its not just me.

Happens to me on the 2.22 version and the beta 2.23.3931.25301 which is not the most recent but what I am currently using. That beta version is from October 2010. I have the newest beta but that doesn't seem to work very well on my netbook. I have issues opening licensed tunes, asking me to license them when they already are. This is what HPtuners says about that.

"Regarding the interface wanting to license a file again with the beta we think it has to do with the processor in netbooks, there have been a few customers complain about this and ALL of them were using a netbook so its something with their processor as far as we can tell, maybe its too slow to keep up with the commands our software sends or something."

Im working with them now and hopefully they can fix this issue.

I also disable DFCO, setting the enable VSS to 255 and then even tried setting the enable rpm to 6375 also, but the car still cuts fuel when I let off the gas completely.

Thursday, May 12, 2011 11:22 AM
I was recommended to replace the usb cable. I know I have tried a few others but I will go out and purchase a new one. Any of you try replacing the cable?

Thursday, May 12, 2011 2:46 PM
Has nothing to do with the USB cable.... Mine works flawlessly with faster PCMS(LSx, Cobalts, ETC....) Its a problem only with the style PCM and its processing speed......

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Monday, May 16, 2011 7:55 PM
Not being able to disable DCFO, I had that issue until I went beta, but it used ot work on 2.22. I think you just need to re-install the suite to fix it.

1994 Saturn SL2 Home Coming Edition: backup car
2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport Coupe: In a Junk Yard
1995 Mazda Miata R-package Class=STR
Sponsored by: Kronos Performance

WPI Class of '12 Mechanical Engineering
WPI SAE Risk and Sustainability Management Officer
Tuesday, May 17, 2011 9:20 AM
I have tried both the 2.22 and beta and still is broken. I have reinstalled suites and windows too. I am going to look into getting a new PCM and see how that pans out.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search