98 ld9 idle issue. - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
98 ld9 idle issue.
Wednesday, May 25, 2011 7:12 PM
To start I'll explain whats going on. When i first start my car hot or cold, a few min into running my idle will start to fluctuate up to 1k rpm then getting really low and almost wanting to die (sometimes it will die). It will bounce around a few times, At that point It will ether die, or it will eventually idle high then come back down to normal and be fine. This has happend ever since I bought the car 7 years ago. I have since installed a wide band AFR guage, and a fuel pressure guage in the fuel rail. Now when it happens my afr readings drop supper lean. The aem guage only reads to 17:1, but you can see the stumbling fallows the afr readings. My fuel rail pressure stays steady at specs. If i press and hold the throttle the engine will die, now mater the angle. Anyone have any thoughts on what might be going on?

Re: 98 ld9 idle issue.
Wednesday, May 25, 2011 8:00 PM
I'm guessing you have a wide band sensor to go with the wide band gauge? If not, its probably not reading accurately. If so, then I would say your losing fuel at the cylinders somehow giving the lean readings. Faulty injector(s) would be my guess. Maybe get an oscilloscope on it and check your injectors pulse widths. I would wait for a more experienced JBO'er's advice on this for a second opinion! Good luck!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search