What is the stock 2.4 LD9 timing advance? - Page 2 - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: What is the stock 2.4 LD9 timing advance?
Sunday, June 05, 2011 8:23 PM
Screaming for Mercy!! wrote:
Quote:

least you've seen on an LD9?

I have logged many factory LD9's and get what i call ghost knock. Sometimes up to 6 degree's. Ryan has also seen this as well. On my car I have gotten this and I have taken 5-10 degree's out and still get the same about of knock. I also have all stiff mounts.

Also not at the same time etc....

oh believe me, i had tons of ghost knock or whatever and i just dialed in my tune and it faded away. when i was on a relatively stock tune ghost knock was all over. these motors are insane for sure. i also tried the removing timing and still noticed the same knock, i then spent some time telling my car to do exactly what i wanted it to by creating my own PID's and not basing it off the calculated error or whatever is stated in the tune faq on here. my car loves it.

idk if that made sense but im in a rush.

Monday, June 06, 2011 11:37 AM
ok so what about the advance then? is it so far forward it could possibly go a second slower than it should?

also, was ran on 110 race gas. afr's are in the low 12's @ WOT iirc.

Monday, June 06, 2011 1:54 PM
z yaaaa wrote:ok so what about the advance then? is it so far forward it could possibly go a second slower than it should?

also, was ran on 110 race gas. afr's are in the low 12's @ WOT iirc.

if anything id say ur spark needs to be advanced more or in the least have your HO(PE) and ur LO(PE) tables a little bit more similar. they are extremely different and that leads to more deviation everywhere. like i said, i run those tables exactly the same but if you dont feel comfortable doing that i would copy the HO table over to the LO table then pull a few degrees but only a few degrees. but before you do that get the afr's dialed in a little bit more lean. I follow hondas a lot because obviously they know what they are doing with N/A setups and typically they tune for 13.0-13.4:1 afr, anything richer is a waste. if there is any way you can log afr please let me check it out.

Monday, June 06, 2011 2:21 PM
Yes shoot for 12.8 near your torque peak and lower. Then switch to 13.4. 12.8 is lean best torque and 13.4 is nominally best power.

1994 Saturn SL2 Home Coming Edition: backup car
2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport Coupe: In a Junk Yard
1995 Mazda Miata R-package Class=STR
Sponsored by: Kronos Performance

WPI Class of '12 Mechanical Engineering
WPI SAE Risk and Sustainability Management Officer
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search