gm reflash "turbo timer" - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
gm reflash "turbo timer"
Wednesday, June 01, 2011 11:48 AM
not a turbo timer persay, but does anyone know if the flash is programmed to keep the fan on for a few minutes after the car has been shut off? mine seems to do this, and i never ever noticed it before. the car usually isnt above 195 or the line above it when i shut if off, but about 80% of the time, the fan runs for a few minutes after the car has been shut down.

Re: gm reflash "turbo timer"
Wednesday, June 01, 2011 11:50 AM
our cars have a file for fan on after key off. Using HPT we can change the setting to make it come on longer, shorter, time etc... It is based on engine temps, and IAT temps.

FU Tuning

Wednesday, June 01, 2011 12:22 PM
so this is not a problem....ok good.

Wednesday, June 01, 2011 1:34 PM
no it is not. actually a nice feature. when i tune a car i usually adjust the settings to make it more useable.

FU Tuning

Wednesday, June 01, 2011 6:18 PM
I programmed mine to do it.

1994 Saturn SL2 Home Coming Edition: backup car
2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport Coupe: In a Junk Yard
1995 Mazda Miata R-package Class=STR
Sponsored by: Kronos Performance

WPI Class of '12 Mechanical Engineering
WPI SAE Risk and Sustainability Management Officer
Wednesday, June 01, 2011 6:19 PM
My friends Grand Prix was setup like that. The only crappy part is that you lose any heat you have built up when its cold out.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Thursday, June 02, 2011 2:34 PM

Wednesday, June 01, 2011 6:23 PM
i live in AZ. it never gets cold out. lol

i just wanted to see if it was something everyone elses did too. with the heat exchanger pump wired to the relay i have it, i can have it running all the time too. all i have to do it turn the car to on. it is wired into the fuel pump via a 4 post relay. so when the fuel pump is on, so is the relay, and so is the pump. i will probably do my meth this way too. this should work out nicely for me at the track. i think i am still gonna wire a switch into the fan though so if it doesnt come on, i can turn it on.

Thursday, June 16, 2011 10:35 AM
I gotta ask....Does it really make a difference having the fan on AFTER the car if turned OFF? If you think about it, it's just taking heat from the radiator and blowing it ON your motor....no coolant should be moving because nothing is turning the water pump....the way it seems to me, actually keeping the motor warm but cooling downt he radiator?

Thursday, June 16, 2011 10:38 AM
Coolants not flowing but the heat is still bring transfered through the coolant. Its just pure conduction instead of forced convection.

1994 Saturn SL2 Home Coming Edition: backup car
2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport Coupe: In a Junk Yard
1995 Mazda Miata R-package Class=STR
Sponsored by: Kronos Performance

WPI Class of '12 Mechanical Engineering
WPI SAE Risk and Sustainability Management Officer
Thursday, June 16, 2011 11:45 AM
Yes it makes a difference.

FU Tuning

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search