Question on GM tech 2 scan tool - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Question on GM tech 2 scan tool
Monday, June 06, 2011 8:17 AM
So i need to have the passloc disabled for a motor swap in my race car. I dont have HPT or know anyone how does. The closest GM dealer is about 30 miles from me and I dont know anyone who works there.
A local garage has access to a GM tech2 scan tool from the local Chevy dealership that closed down about 2 years ago. I asked him if he could disable the passloc and he said that he would need to be "live" w/ GM. He also said that what would be done would be that the computer would be completely re flashed to a non-passloc vehicle. Does this sound right? I was hoping that he could just turn off the passloc?
If anyone knows how this could be done w/ an "off line" tech 2 please let me know so I can have this guy do this for me. Thanks

Re: Question on GM tech 2 scan tool
Wednesday, June 08, 2011 7:49 AM
Yes I believe that he will have to be online as mine has to be to do said things....

Re: Question on GM tech 2 scan tool
Wednesday, June 08, 2011 8:27 AM
You can disable passloc by using a set of resistors in at the BCM... But your going to need to follow instructions very closely, basically when you turn the ign on you'll need to watch passlock voltages at the cylinder change on the scan tool, then using ohms law and known system voltage, you can work out how many ohms of resistance you need to install in the BCM... Passlock III is vastly different from the old resistor pellet type system...So you have to know a little bit more about it.

Buildin' n' Boostin for 08' - Alex Richards
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search