Buying HPT? - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Buying HPT?
Wednesday, June 08, 2011 5:49 AM
So I think I'm going to just bite the bullet and buy HPT. Where is the best (cheapest) place to buy from? I want the PRO and have found it for as low as $499 on Ebay.

Re: Buying HPT?
Wednesday, June 08, 2011 6:08 AM
Watch ebay, and make sure it is not the old version....

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Wednesday, June 08, 2011 7:47 AM
Yep I did not watch for that and bought a old hp eio and was stuck with it!

Wednesday, June 08, 2011 9:35 AM
I know 0 about this! Right now all I want to do is turn off the passloc, later I will learn how to tune with it. Here is a link to the one I found for $499

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HP-Tuners-VCM-Scanner-Pro-MPVI-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem2eb3fe9cb7QQitemZ200588303543QQptZMotorsQ5fAutomotiveQ5fTools
Wednesday, June 08, 2011 12:09 PM
What's different with the "old" one?

Saturday, June 11, 2011 6:23 AM
Hey I would like to order HPT this weekend so if someone could help me out with where to buy, and how to tell whats the newest one, that would be great. Thanks
Sunday, June 12, 2011 12:42 PM
http://www.hptuners.com/order.php

"Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers"-Colin McRae
Sunday, June 12, 2011 2:13 PM
Hey thanks for the link! I have been on their site and have looked at buying the Pro on there for $650. It seems like the one on Ebay is the same for $150 less? I dont know enough at this point to tell any differences between them? If someone could look at the Ebay link and tell me if thats an old one or what ever, that would be great!
Sunday, June 12, 2011 2:34 PM
Well it seems to be that same thing, but why risk it? For one it doesn't seek like this one comes with any type of warranty that you would get with buying from them directly. Also if you do end up getting the old one you would be out the $500 that your spending now and then have to spend an extra $650 to get the right thing anyway. To me it just seems like a much better idea to get what you'll know is right the first time instead of risking it.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search