hptuners n/a horsepower gain with bolt ons - Page 2 - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: hptuners n/a horsepower gain with bolt ons
Thursday, June 23, 2011 7:32 PM
i have my graph right here in front of me and that is exactly what he did

Thursday, June 23, 2011 7:35 PM
leafy since it seems ur the only one realy helping what do you think i should do as to get my 60 ft time down i was thinking some ground control coilovers and kyb agx struts in the back with a good set of drag radials upfront besides that im just clueless on how to get it down
Thursday, June 23, 2011 7:45 PM
You'll want adjustable dampers. Thats the fastest way to eliminate wheel hop, depends on the wheel weight whether you lower or raise damping. If its slow wheel hop sometimes you can lower damping enough to make it go away, or if its fast then you can raise damping to make it go away. Takes experimentation. Beyond that drag tires and playing with spring rates. Drag racing isnt really my thing though, I like to turn while going fast.

1994 Saturn SL2 Home Coming Edition: backup car
2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport Coupe: In a Junk Yard
1995 Mazda Miata R-package Class=STR
Sponsored by: Kronos Performance

WPI Class of '12 Mechanical Engineering
WPI SAE Risk and Sustainability Management Officer
Thursday, June 23, 2011 7:48 PM
I used to drag race, but then found out turning was more fun.

What are your 60 foots like?

Paying someone to install parts and bragging about it being fast, is like watching someone bang your wife and being proud to raise their kids.
Thursday, June 23, 2011 7:55 PM
normally they r like 2.4 to 2.6 but i cant rev any higher than 2k cause i just spin and i dont have any wheel hope when i bought my motor and tranny mounts it eliminated all that
Thursday, June 23, 2011 8:01 PM
tires are going to be the big thing.

1994 Saturn SL2 Home Coming Edition: backup car
2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport Coupe: In a Junk Yard
1995 Mazda Miata R-package Class=STR
Sponsored by: Kronos Performance

WPI Class of '12 Mechanical Engineering
WPI SAE Risk and Sustainability Management Officer
Thursday, June 23, 2011 8:12 PM
thats what im getting next is some nitto drag radials 245/45/16 with some drag dr-9s thanks for all the help
Friday, June 24, 2011 11:22 AM
Jonathan Creel wrote:normally they r like 2.4 to 2.6 but i cant rev any higher than 2k cause i just spin and i dont have any wheel hope when i bought my motor and tranny mounts it eliminated all that

rev higher, learn to use ur clutch better. 2k is too low to be launching, dont just dump ur clutch cuz yes all you will get is wheel spin. launch around 4k to reduce bog, give or take some rpm, and slip ur clutch, dont just dump it.

Monday, June 27, 2011 8:51 AM
Jonathan Creel wrote:leafy since it seems ur the only one realy helping what do you think i should do as to get my 60 ft time down i was thinking some ground control coilovers and kyb agx struts in the back with a good set of drag radials upfront besides that im just clueless on how to get it down

Practice, should be able to cut a 2.1-2.2 on street tires.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search