HP Tuners questions - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
HP Tuners questions
Monday, June 27, 2011 6:06 PM
I just got my HPTuners Pro last week and haven't played with it yet. Couple quick questions...
I'm doing a motor swap (98 LD9 into a 95 LN2) I bought this to disable the PASLOC to make the swap easier, so should I use HPT to turn the PASLOC off before I pull the donner motor/computer or wait till everything is in my 95? Also what vin # do I put in? Can I use the 95 cause that's the car I'll be tuning?
Sorry if this is basic but I'll be learning soon enough. Also any advice would be great Thanks!!!

Re: HP Tuners questions
Monday, June 27, 2011 7:42 PM
If you plan on using HPT, you will need to license the 98 PCM as 95 is not supported. Because of this, you will not be able to change the VIN. Also, the Passlock is iffy on these cars. Sometimes it will work, sometimes it wont.....

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Re: HP Tuners questions
Tuesday, June 28, 2011 5:33 AM
God I hope it will work for the Passloc its pretty much why I bought it. So what you are saying is to use the VIN from the 98 even though that's not the car I will actually be keeping? Also should I try to turn the passloc off before or after the swap? If I do it before is there any way to see if it worked?
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search