Driveability Issue - Randomly leans out at hwy speeds...help? - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Driveability Issue - Randomly leans out at hwy speeds...help?
Saturday, July 02, 2011 2:06 PM
Hey guys. Don't know much about tuning myself, but i have the car professionally tuned. Cant seem to figure out this one issue, have looked into it (as has my tuner) and noticed another member (slocav) has had the same issue...here it goes.

Cruising along at ~60mph on the highway, afr is normal and car runs great. Out of nowhere the AFR shoots to 17.xx or so lean the wideband cannot read it. Car looses power, stumbles like crazy, i let off the gass and get back into it and its usually ok again...for about 2 minutes. Then this starts again. Also stalls when coming off the highway and is very hard to start again. Also after stalling, it wont hold idle at all. Had a code about a month ago for my 02 sensor, which i promptly changed thinking this was the problem. The O2 was fouled pretty bad, so i changed it. Didnt fix it. Everything on the tune seems fine, runs great other than this one issue. Dont really kno what direction to go in, car is getting nearly undriveable, unless at WOT LOL. Gets worse everytime i drive it. Gotta get this issue resolved as the car is driven ~500kms one way to the track quite often...

ANY help would be greatly appreciated...

14.04 @ 101 ALLMOTOR

Re: Driveability Issue - Randomly leans out at hwy speeds...help?
Saturday, July 02, 2011 2:24 PM
you still have a cat? if so that could be plugged. plugs could be bad, could have a bad injector, fuel filter, coil pack once it heats up. Just the basic things i can think to start with.

Saturday, July 02, 2011 2:43 PM
No cat.

Im going to change the coil pack/ICM and plugs monday, have one in my box at work. I was leaning towards it being the problem. Am going to change the fuel filter as maintenance too.

14.04 @ 101 ALLMOTOR
Saturday, July 02, 2011 3:35 PM
any codes or CEL's?

Saturday, July 02, 2011 6:53 PM
none

14.04 @ 101 ALLMOTOR
Saturday, July 02, 2011 8:56 PM
I had this same issue, and so did autocrossing dude, it turned out to be his map sensor, same as it was for me.

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Sunday, July 03, 2011 12:58 AM
Yep my advance auto parts map crapped out on me. I replaced it with a napa one and it's been fine.

Sunday, July 03, 2011 4:53 AM
Great, ill try that first.

My tuner went back and looked at logs as compared to last year when the problem didnt exist. map reads are almost 2x higher at idle....may be onto something

14.04 @ 101 ALLMOTOR
Sunday, July 03, 2011 10:21 PM
Paul K wrote:Great, ill try that first.

My tuner went back and looked at logs as compared to last year when the problem didnt exist. map reads are almost 2x higher at idle....may be onto something

That's what mine was doing, except mine was lower. Id swap that map out bet it helps. Good luck bro.

Tuesday, July 05, 2011 3:05 PM
Didnt fix, search continues.

14.04 @ 101 ALLMOTOR
Wednesday, July 06, 2011 6:25 AM
Get a log with everything in it.... look at the data at the cells this is happening at....

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Wednesday, July 06, 2011 11:35 AM
Paul K wrote:Didnt fix, search continues.

Did yout get a new map sensor? Make sure it fits all the way in. my map that went bad never fit all the way in on the le5 mani. Also don't rule out the injector wireharness. I unplugged everything on it when mine first acted up and sprayed the connectors with electrical contact cleaner. Good luck man.

Wednesday, July 06, 2011 6:42 PM
maybe a new injector harness too

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search