L61 M62 jbody - Inj const, IPW vs VAC, IAT - Page 2 - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: L61 M62 jbody - Inj const, IPW vs VAC, IAT
Saturday, July 02, 2011 12:32 PM
2.8 pulley on a Ported blower. Dualpass, ZZP S3 Heat Exchanger, Option B tank, CAI, 4-2-1 header with 2.50 exhaust no cat. On the Dyno we were seeing just over 13psi.

It needs meth, and larger TB.

FU Tuning

Saturday, July 02, 2011 5:28 PM
Thats it on the 2.8?!

1994 Saturn SL2 Home Coming Edition: backup car
2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport Coupe: In a Junk Yard
1995 Mazda Miata R-package Class=STR
Sponsored by: Kronos Performance

WPI Class of '12 Mechanical Engineering
WPI SAE Risk and Sustainability Management Officer
Saturday, July 02, 2011 6:01 PM
Leafy (Club Jeffie FEA man) wrote:Thats it on the 2.8?!

?? boost pressure??

FU Tuning

Saturday, July 02, 2011 8:19 PM
No, low power. Based on the cars I've done pulls with and how I pulled on them I estimated I was making about that much without an exhaust. Of course that running about 10* of timing up top with a 12.2:1 afr.

Saturday, July 02, 2011 8:36 PM
Leafy (Club Jeffie FEA man) wrote:No, low power. Based on the cars I've done pulls with and how I pulled on them I estimated I was making about that much without an exhaust. Of course that running about 10* of timing up top with a 12.2:1 afr.

I'm happy with the power after comparing to others. The cars that seem to be 240whp+ have cams and LS1 TB's. Also larger pulley's, and meth. So considering stock cams, TB, and no meth i'm pretty please. It has more with meth, and other supporting mods.

FU Tuning

Sunday, July 03, 2011 4:36 AM
Screaming for Mercy!! wrote:
Leafy (Club Jeffie FEA man) wrote:No, low power. Based on the cars I've done pulls with and how I pulled on them I estimated I was making about that much without an exhaust. Of course that running about 10* of timing up top with a 12.2:1 afr.

I'm happy with the power after comparing to others. The cars that seem to be 240whp+ have cams and LS1 TB's. Also larger pulley's, and meth. So considering stock cams, TB, and no meth i'm pretty please. It has more with meth, and other supporting mods.
Agree completely. I bet the thing has great area under the curve though. Also have to consider engine redline, which i assume is in the 7k rpm neighborhood. This would put the blower in the 16k rpm neighborhood, where heat is a serious issue.

Sunday, July 03, 2011 4:40 AM
Yeah heat is an issue with the 2.8, I don't have a dual pass and my iat reads like 170 on an 80° day ayer a 3rd gear pull. But my iat reads 20° high based on my calibration checks.

Sunday, July 03, 2011 4:59 AM
We reved to 6600 on the dyno. I was pleased that the power curve was holding strong at that RPM. Will get the graph posted once I have a copy. Owner has it, waiting on him to get back to me in the next day or 2.

On the Dyno IAT's never got above 139 during a pull. Really pleased with the IAT's. They would climb after the pull to around 145-150, but as soon as the car was rolling they would drop down to around 121-125. On the street they are better, but still with the heat in Fl 90+ those are good IAT's for a 2.8.

I believe I left a little on the table it was tuned for 11.9, and I know the Eco liked leaner, but this car will be driving to Utah soon and after speaking with the owner we went for safety over all out power. So considering this is a good number for this car.

FU Tuning

Monday, July 04, 2011 9:19 AM
Screaming for Mercy!! wrote:
I have noticed that the idle will sometimes be right at 14.7, and other times it will be in the target AFR for WOT.

Mine do the same on 60 lb injector, map 1bar ! Fuel Trim not compensate (0,00% ) too, when idle AFR target for WOT

Boost Lover
Monday, July 04, 2011 9:23 AM
Cat over temp.

Monday, July 04, 2011 9:28 AM
I don't have Cat and Oxygen sensor B2 are desactivate. I don't know if they can cause this idle richer and cancelled Fuel trim also

Boost Lover

Monday, July 04, 2011 9:48 AM
Cot is based on a ton of variables. My rear o2 its turned off even though its still there but mine doesn't do this.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search