2 step on LD9? - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2 step on LD9?
Friday, July 15, 2011 5:15 PM
i think this is a dumb question but on the HPtuners is there a way to put a 2 step launch on the cavalier 2.4L?

Re: 2 step on LD9?
Friday, July 15, 2011 6:11 PM
No. Not a true spark cutting 2 step.
Saturday, July 16, 2011 4:17 AM
I had to get the n2mb setup, it works great!
Saturday, July 16, 2011 2:56 PM
clint michl wrote:I had to get the n2mb setup, it works great!

what do you mean n2mb? and you added a 2 step?
Saturday, July 16, 2011 3:04 PM
curious as to why you need a 2 step?

Saturday, July 16, 2011 11:46 PM
BuiltNBoosted wrote:curious as to why you need a 2 step?

Big turbo!

Sunday, July 17, 2011 12:57 AM
he has a big turbo?

Sunday, July 17, 2011 10:14 AM
i just wanted to know if the cavaliers can add a 2 step with the tune. i would like to have one
Sunday, July 17, 2011 10:22 AM
vincent barron wrote:i just wanted to know if the cavaliers can add a 2 step with the tune. i would like to have one

but the question is, WHY do you need one? to hit it in the parking lot and attempt to show off? An unnecessary 2 step is like a blow off valve on a n/a motor....

Sunday, July 17, 2011 5:16 PM
no i wouldnt show it off i would use it off the line. i can launch my car really good now but like i said i would like a 2 step. i asked the question if a LD9 can add a 2step not y would i need a 2 step
Sunday, July 17, 2011 7:48 PM
vincent barron wrote:no i wouldnt show it off i would use it off the line. i can launch my car really good now but like i said i would like a 2 step. i asked the question if a LD9 can add a 2step not y would i need a 2 step

its cool be a prick about it. you wont get any help that way. and judging by your profile, you dont need a 2 step.... finding out WHY you need something, negates whether or not you would be wasting your money or not. which in fact you would be.

considering you just joined... im guessing your car is n/a (since your profile is not filled out at all) which even then in fact you STILL dont need a 2 step.

Sunday, July 17, 2011 8:42 PM
BuiltNBoosted wrote:
vincent barron wrote:no i wouldnt show it off i would use it off the line. i can launch my car really good now but like i said i would like a 2 step. i asked the question if a LD9 can add a 2step not y would i need a 2 step

its cool be a prick about it. you wont get any help that way. and judging by your profile, you dont need a 2 step.... finding out WHY you need something, negates whether or not you would be wasting your money or not. which in fact you would be.

considering you just joined... im guessing your car is n/a (since your profile is not filled out at all) which even then in fact you STILL dont need a 2 step.

a prick ha thats funny. i just want to know how to get one and depending on the money if i would get one or not. and i jointed this forum cuz people can help me i dont know why i have to be questioned about what i put. i just wanted to know if it was possilbe. and i would still like to know how to add it if anyone knows how. im not trying to be a dick but it was really a question that i hoped i can get an answer to thats all
Monday, July 18, 2011 5:45 PM
so does anybody at all know if or how to put a 2 step on a z24?
Monday, July 18, 2011 5:56 PM
BuiltNBoosted wrote:

How is he being a prick by telling you what his intentions are? He didn't call you out in any way, take it easy on the guy. He asked an honest question - and for the record, you don't NEED a two step for a tubro car either. Some people with N/A want the consistency that a two step can bring. Just dial in your launch RPM, floor it, and wait for the light. And if he already has HP Tuners, and it was possible to do (which it isn't) it would be a nice addition.

Do a search for "N2MB" in the Performance section of the forum here. There are a couple people that have wired them into our cars.

N2MB website: http://www.npcompleteperformance.com/wotbox
Monday, July 18, 2011 7:21 PM
Wagonwes wrote:
BuiltNBoosted wrote:

How is he being a prick by telling you what his intentions are? He didn't call you out in any way, take it easy on the guy. He asked an honest question - and for the record, you don't NEED a two step for a tubro car either. Some people with N/A want the consistency that a two step can bring. Just dial in your launch RPM, floor it, and wait for the light. And if he already has HP Tuners, and it was possible to do (which it isn't) it would be a nice addition.

Do a search for "N2MB" in the Performance section of the forum here. There are a couple people that have wired them into our cars.

great thanks alot man thats all i needed i really do appreciate it alot..
Monday, July 18, 2011 7:24 PM
01whiteZ24 wrote:
Wagonwes wrote:
BuiltNBoosted wrote:

great thanks alot man thats all i needed i really do appreciate it alot..

i do have HPT but i thought it can be added some other way so thanks
Monday, July 18, 2011 10:20 PM
I have a 2-step on my z24...
It was easy.
Monday, July 18, 2011 10:28 PM
I can give you the wiring diagram if you need it.
Tuesday, July 19, 2011 5:10 AM
If you have a manual you can use an Auto PCM and wire in the neutral safety switch to a toggle switch and have an adjustable "neutral" rev limiter. It is a fuel cut though, not spark cut. You can control that through HP Tuners...
Tuesday, July 19, 2011 9:21 AM
Wagonwes wrote:If you have a manual you can use an Auto PCM and wire in the neutral safety switch to a toggle switch and have an adjustable "neutral" rev limiter. It is a fuel cut though, not spark cut. You can control that through HP Tuners...

which way would be best for the launch doing it like you said wagonwes. or clint michi. n what one is better i found some msd for around 70 bucks n others around 1to 200 bucks. n i also watched some YouTube vid of the 2 steps n like sounds like every car has it reved to much like in redline can you adjust the rpm?
Tuesday, July 19, 2011 9:41 AM
Most two steps are adjustable, and most seem to be set from 3000-5000 rpm.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO

Tuesday, July 19, 2011 11:34 AM
-MD- Enforcer wrote:Most two steps are adjustable, and most seem to be set from 3000-5000 rpm.

ok sounds good to me i think I'm gonna order me one
Tuesday, July 19, 2011 12:37 PM
For the msd 2-step i think you have to use the whole msd ignition box.
Go to n2mb.org and check out their setup i got the one with wot also.
I can get a vid of mine bouncing if you want it.
Tuesday, July 19, 2011 3:54 PM
clint michl wrote:For the msd 2-step i think you have to use the whole msd ignition box.
Go to n2mb.org and check out their setup i got the one with wot also.
I can get a vid of mine bouncing if you want it.

ok cool ill check it out. if you dont mine you can email the video to me
Tuesday, July 19, 2011 7:15 PM
Yep
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search