2 step on LD9? - Page 2 - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: 2 step on LD9?
Wednesday, July 20, 2011 10:23 PM
BuiltNBoosted wrote:
vincent barron wrote:no i wouldnt show it off i would use it off the line. i can launch my car really good now but like i said i would like a 2 step. i asked the question if a LD9 can add a 2step not y would i need a 2 step

its cool be a prick about it. you wont get any help that way. and judging by your profile, you dont need a 2 step.... finding out WHY you need something, negates whether or not you would be wasting your money or not. which in fact you would be.

considering you just joined... im guessing your car is n/a (since your profile is not filled out at all) which even then in fact you STILL dont need a 2 step.

Wait so two steps in n/a cars do nothing???LOL. how is launching at consistent tons not an advantage?

daily: 99 civic Si
deceased: 95 cavy '00 LD9 auto swap (vandalized)

Wednesday, July 20, 2011 10:24 PM
Consistent rpms.. damn t9

daily: 99 civic Si
deceased: 95 cavy '00 LD9 auto swap (vandalized)
Wednesday, July 20, 2011 10:26 PM
lol. i love everyone... @!#$in jbo.

Thursday, July 21, 2011 4:45 AM
delslo9 wrote:
Wait so two steps in n/a cars do nothing???LOL. how is launching at consistent tons not an advantage?

because most of the cars dont need them. even consistent launch. Even if you are a bracket racer, still negates that 90% of the cars need or use them properly. The sad part is that most people that put them on use them in the parking lot or to show off to people. I can launch my car consistently every time without a 2-step. The cars on here that are N/A i only know of one thats doing a 2-step but he is going for the N/A record.

Thursday, July 21, 2011 12:32 PM
The only reason i put the setup on my car was for the no lift shift option.
Thursday, July 21, 2011 12:54 PM
Clint...glad to see you got yours hooked up properly...wish I could of helped more but I had no familiarity with the LD9 set-up.

2-steps are invaluable in braket racing, not having to watch or listen for what RPM your car is at and being able to focus solely on the lights helps a ton, doing it competitively only adds to the need.

Once you start launching at 6000+rpm it gets harder to control how much petal you need to hold the desired RPM.

PLUS tossing flames in parking lots is badass

haha

Thursday, July 21, 2011 1:54 PM
newt wrote:
2-steps are invaluable in braket racing, not having to watch or listen for what RPM your car is at and being able to focus solely on the lights helps a ton, doing it competitively only adds to the need.

highlighted the good parts.

Thursday, July 21, 2011 2:06 PM
To me its all about the driver.
If it helps individuals to have a 2-step why question them.

Newt... And yeah, flames in the parking lot are fun. Lol
Thursday, July 21, 2011 4:23 PM
i can launch my car perfect now. but adding a 2 step just mades it better specially if i have more mods in the future. thanks everyone for posting it helped out alot
Saturday, July 23, 2011 4:21 PM
Care to post the wire diagram for others?

GMR has got nothing on this
Sunday, July 24, 2011 2:56 AM
Yep... Planed on it i just have to get the cavi back.

Wednesday, July 27, 2011 1:42 PM
BuiltNBoosted wrote:The cars on here that are N/A i only know of one thats doing a 2-step but he is going for the N/A record.

ben wenzel used a 2 step... so did owen stampflee, as well as fred simmon's jr with the smg drag car. all while N/A.

so, let me get this straight... its ok for someone with an N/A car to use a 2 step as long as he's going for records but OP isnt allowed? why now...??

Wednesday, July 27, 2011 1:57 PM
-Z Yaaaa- wrote:
BuiltNBoosted wrote:The cars on here that are N/A i only know of one thats doing a 2-step but he is going for the N/A record.

ben wenzel used a 2 step... so did owen stampflee, as well as fred simmon's jr with the smg drag car. all while N/A.

so, let me get this straight... its ok for someone with an N/A car to use a 2 step as long as he's going for records but OP isnt allowed? why now...??

my comment was based on people who need it, not the ones who want to 2step it in the parking lot and shoot flames, like they mentioned doing...

ill tell you straight up, if i get a 2 step, ill hit it when im going to set it, and ill hit it at the track when im racing... otherwise im not going to stress the motor like that unless i have a damn good reason. Even with the hardened oil pump gears, im not going to unless i have to.

You also forgot paul k or newt or both that are using one, but they are going for their own N/A records... where one of them didnt even want to use one because he didnt think it would help. But when you are going for records, i DO see a use for them on plenty of N/A cars.

Wednesday, July 27, 2011 4:34 PM
BuiltNBoosted wrote:
-Z Yaaaa- wrote:

my comment was based on people who need it, not the ones who want to 2step it in the parking lot and shoot flames, like they mentioned doing...

ill tell you straight up, if i get a 2 step, ill hit it when im going to set it, and ill hit it at the track when im racing... otherwise im not going to stress the motor like that unless i have a damn good reason. Even with the hardened oil pump gears, im not going to unless i have to.

You also forgot paul k or newt or both that are using one, but they are going for their own N/A records... where one of them didnt even want to use one because he didnt think it would help. But when you are going for records, i DO see a use for them on plenty of N/A cars.

yes definitely hear ya there... to have it only for the sole reason of shooting fire balls is beyond retarded. absolutely. however...LOL didnt pj shoot flames from the sqwirl using a 2step at the 07 bash in the parking lot? he was also shooting for n/a records....

Wednesday, July 27, 2011 4:36 PM
yes he did. going for N/A records. I can see how some can use this to their advantage while others just use them as a fad piece.

Thursday, August 18, 2011 4:41 AM
A local tuner who has worked on many high horsepower builds of all sorts of GM vehicles mentioned that what you could try in HPTuners is set the IAT spark override tables to like -14 degrees of timing at -40F and then hook up the IAT to a switch so you can instantly cause your timing to be quite retarded... he used that method on his 11.3 GTP. This was just a suggestion to me on how to help with turbo lag, not sure how well it would work, never really looked into 2-step launch control type things..

2001 Olds Alero (LD9)
636 whp / 543 ft-lb
@turboalero
Thursday, August 18, 2011 7:21 PM
[ion wrote: C2]A local tuner who has worked on many high horsepower builds of all sorts of GM vehicles mentioned that what you could try in HPTuners is set the IAT spark override tables to like -14 degrees of timing at -40F and then hook up the IAT to a switch so you can instantly cause your timing to be quite retarded... he used that method on his 11.3 GTP. This was just a suggestion to me on how to help with turbo lag, not sure how well it would work, never really looked into 2-step launch control type things..

thanks man. how could i connect the IAT to a switch though and is it safe?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search