HPTuners in Michigan - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
HPTuners in Michigan
Friday, April 02, 2010 7:30 AM
I need to borrow HPTuners for 1-2 weeks, willing to pay $100 to borrow it. Anyone in Michigan that wouldn't mind letting me use it?

2001 Olds Alero (LD9)
636 whp / 543 ft-lb
@turboalero

Re: HPTuners in Michigan
Friday, April 02, 2010 9:23 AM
What happen to your copy I saw at Xceed met

Friday, April 02, 2010 10:09 AM
I've always borrowed it from members on Aleromod lol. But now I really need it with the new turbo and no one is talkin.

2001 Olds Alero (LD9)
636 whp / 543 ft-lb
@turboalero
Monday, July 04, 2011 7:18 PM
I apologize for resurecting this thread from the dead. I just need to know if there's anyone in Michigan, Ohio, Indiana with the HP Tuners software willing to assist me in tweaking a few things on my '03 Cavalier. I've upgraded the exhaust already. I currently beefing up the suspention, stability/balance, brakes, tires, etc. I plan on upgrading my fuel and ignigtion systems to aftermarket ones which is why I may need some help I'm willing to compensate for time and materials of course. Thanks in advance!

"...I love it when a plan comes together...." - Col. Hannibal Smith of the "A" Team

COMPUTING INFORMATION:
Compaq Presario V6000Z CTO notebook | AMD Turion 64 X2 2.2 Ghz TL-64 Processor,
Samsung 2048 MB DDR2 RAM,
Western Digital Scorpio Blue 500GB (5400rpm) Hard Drive,
D-Link DWA-643 Xtreme N Wireless Notebook ExpressCard/34

PROTECTION INFORMATION:
Sig Pro 2022, Sig Sauer 556R,250,239,232,229,220
Century Arms GP 1975 (bullpup), WASR-10, C-15 Sporter
Remington R-25
Hi-Point 4595

Tuesday, July 05, 2011 7:56 AM
Where are you in Michigan?
Tuesday, July 05, 2011 5:20 PM
I'm in St Clair Shores. I'll drive my heap anywhere though. I don't mind traveling to cut down on the hassle.

"...I love it when a plan comes together...." - Col. Hannibal Smith of the "A" Team

COMPUTING INFORMATION:

PROTECTION INFORMATION:
Remington R-25
Hi-Point 4595

Tuesday, July 05, 2011 7:46 PM
When you say "upgrading fuel and ignition systems" are you talking about new coils and injectors? I see in your profile you mention an AEM FIC, which is a piggyback and will more or less be of no use to you, if you are planning on getting HP Tuned.

I am in the White Lake/ Milford area, so St. Clair Shores is not too far away.

Also, do you have a wideband installed?
Wednesday, July 06, 2011 3:48 PM
I commute to Howell regularly so you're not far at all!! As far as a Wideband, it's in transit. Got a decent one on ebay that I hope will help with things. As far as upgrading, yes my original goal was to go with the FIC module as I knew that I would have support in playing with it from AEM. As far as the ignition system, I'm hoping to get a hotter spark with their-twin fire module and coils. My goal isn't to make my car a street/strip car, I just want to maximize the performance of it without going too overboard. I'm hoping that I can get alittle more out of it with either a custom tune or just adjusting a few things around some of the parts that I'll be getting like timing, a/f mixture (wideband would be needed for this I assume?), transmission shift points, etc. I'm from the old school of thought in auto performance (Go big or stay home.....) so I have absolutely NO experience with what i'm endeavoring to accomplish here which is why i'm seeking help/guidance. Not trying to go balls out, but I wouldn't mind alot more than what I have. If you care to PM me, we can swap contact info and discuss in more detail at your convenience? I could sure use straightening out either way. Thanks.

COMPUTING INFORMATION:

PROTECTION INFORMATION:
Remington R-25
Hi-Point 4595

Wednesday, July 06, 2011 4:58 PM
PM sent.
Thursday, July 07, 2011 11:19 AM
Wes. do you havce any experiance on the eco pcms? I have a Hp Tuners module and a hlaf decent tune, I live in Southfield , would you be able to come help for a day?

If so please pm me.

Thanks for all the help.

Thursday, July 07, 2011 4:45 PM
jason norwood wrote:Wes. do you havce any experiance on the eco pcms? I have a Hp Tuners module and a hlaf decent tune, I live in Southfield , would you be able to come help for a day?

If so please pm me.

Thanks for all the help.

I am very familiar with them, just haven't done one yet. They are nearly identical to the other PCMs for our cars as far as the same tables (I think they are around 90% similar). I have tuned my turbo Cavy on the stock ECU (no LD9 SC reflash... yet), and it runs great. Also have tuned my friend's turbo Caravan on Megasquirt, speed density of course. Oh, and a couple LS vehicles too - a 2011 Denali and an 02 LS1 Camaro with headers and full exhaust. So I am not new to the tuning thing (not the master, but I am pretty decent).

I would not mind coming out, when are you thinking?

Friday, July 08, 2011 6:36 AM
Hmm maybe this weekend? Should have some time possibly. If you want to pm me your number and your schedule for this weekend we can go from there?

Friday, July 08, 2011 9:44 AM
PM sent.
Friday, July 08, 2011 3:43 PM
I've tracked down most of the things I need so far! I had no idea how much of a scavenger hunt it is finding this stuff! Anyway, thanks again for the help Wes. You set me straight for sure. I'll contact you when I get the leg work done on my end and then we can go from there. I'd say I should be good to go hoepfully by Augustish. I'll PM you my contact info. I did have one question though, is there a huge difference in the size of the 2.2L throttle body vs the 2.4L's? Performance/induction-wise? Ah well I guess I'll figure it out when I tear the motor down next week. Thanks again boss

COMPUTING INFORMATION:

PROTECTION INFORMATION:
Remington R-25
Hi-Point 4595

Saturday, July 09, 2011 8:09 AM
PACKRATDOG wrote:I've tracked down most of the things I need so far! I had no idea how much of a scavenger hunt it is finding this stuff! Anyway, thanks again for the help Wes. You set me straight for sure. I'll contact you when I get the leg work done on my end and then we can go from there. I'd say I should be good to go hoepfully by Augustish. I'll PM you my contact info. I did have one question though, is there a huge difference in the size of the 2.2L throttle body vs the 2.4L's? Performance/induction-wise? Ah well I guess I'll figure it out when I tear the motor down next week. Thanks again boss

Actually, I think that most guys use the stock Cavalier throttle body with an adapter plate to the LE5 manifold. I believe that the LE5 throttle body is drive by wire. Look into it some, I don't have an Eco so I am not of much help.

But yea, when you get your stuff in line, let me know.
Friday, July 15, 2011 4:19 AM
Wagonwes wrote:
PACKRATDOG wrote:I've tracked down most of the things I need so far! I had no idea how much of a scavenger hunt it is finding this stuff! Anyway, thanks again for the help Wes. You set me straight for sure. I'll contact you when I get the leg work done on my end and then we can go from there. I'd say I should be good to go hoepfully by Augustish. I'll PM you my contact info. I did have one question though, is there a huge difference in the size of the 2.2L throttle body vs the 2.4L's? Performance/induction-wise? Ah well I guess I'll figure it out when I tear the motor down next week. Thanks again boss

Actually, I think that most guys use the stock Cavalier throttle body with an adapter plate to the LE5 manifold. I believe that the LE5 throttle body is drive by wire. Look into it some, I don't have an Eco so I am not of much help.

But yea, when you get your stuff in line, let me know.

the 2.4eco does have drive by wire
Friday, July 15, 2011 7:30 PM
Comfirmed.......Drive by Wire assembly. My donor car was an '06 Cobalt. Major stuff seems to be extra leads and hoses (from TB off the 2.4 eco to pedal and stuff...). It's kinda interesting how this was set up. I would imagine cruise control was alot more stable with this kind of set-up. Sux how everythings tied into the computer like this though. Anyway, I'm having a welder buddy make a base plate for me to mount my stock TB off my car unto the new intake manifold from the Cobalt. In theory, this looks to be somewhat painless being that i'm keeping my original cable linkage and all as opposed to trying to switch everything! Yikes! I wanna make sure I don't have clearance issues taking a chance buying an aftermarket rig. I'll do the swap once he's done with his end. Wish me luck everyone. Good chance i'll be taking the SMART Bus for awhile if I screw this up. I'll keep ya posted

COMPUTING INFORMATION:

PROTECTION INFORMATION:
Remington R-25
Hi-Point 4595

Sunday, July 17, 2011 2:43 PM
let me know how this comes along I did a eco swap and Wes and I tuned it a little this weekend, I live in Southfield.

Thanks

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search