Setting up Wide Band Config - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Setting up Wide Band Config
Sunday, July 10, 2011 6:10 PM
Alright, I'm a bit lost right now so bear with me.

I'm setting up my wideband to log into HP Tuners through my EGR position sensor. I've created a custom PID for the Wideband AFR and the AFR Error. I'm just stuck on a couple things, how do I find the PID number for the EGR position sensor? I've been digging through HPT for a while now and I can't find anything. I went out to my car to try to log a bit and see if it would give me a number but the VCM Scanner doesn't seem to want to connect when the car doesn't have an engine in it.

The other question I have has to do with creating Histograms. I've created an actual AFR and an AFR Error histogram, but the how to I followed is for a car with a MAF sensor, which specified to use the PrimaryVE vs. RPM vs. MAP table, that has units of kPa on the X header, and rpm on the Y header. When I click to add a table I don't have an option with Primary VE, the only thing I can find that has the right units is Main Spark vs. MAP vs. RPM. Is this the right table?

The how to also said to make a MAF vs. Output frequency histogram with the AFR Error PID. Obviously I don't have a MAF so how would I go about making this Histogram?

This is the thread I've been following to set everything up.

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9448

Paying someone to install parts and bragging about it being fast, is like watching someone bang your wife and being proud to raise their kids.

Re: Setting up Wide Band Config
Sunday, July 10, 2011 7:10 PM
Transporter7220 wrote:Alright, I'm a bit lost right now so bear with me.

I'm setting up my wideband to log into HP Tuners through my EGR position sensor. I've created a custom PID for the Wideband AFR and the AFR Error. I'm just stuck on a couple things, how do I find the PID number for the EGR position sensor? I've been digging through HPT for a while now and I can't find anything. It is PID.2811 (you can see all of them by clicking the little blue question mark in the Configure PID window. I went out to my car to try to log a bit and see if it would give me a number but the VCM Scanner doesn't seem to want to connect when the car doesn't have an engine in it.

The other question I have has to do with creating Histograms. I've created an actual AFR and an AFR Error histogram, but the how to I followed is for a car with a MAF sensor, which specified to use the PrimaryVE vs. RPM vs. MAP table, that has units of kPa on the X header, and rpm on the Y header. When I click to add a table I don't have an option with Primary VE, the only thing I can find that has the right units is Main Spark vs. MAP vs. RPM. Is this the right table? No it is no the right table - Open up the histogram editor (near the plus sign in the histogram display. Open a new one, there are 12, or delete one you won't need. First give it a name (example: HIGH RPM VE vs AFR ERROR), click the PID area in the plot value area and expand the user defined PIDs and pick your custom AFR Error. Now go over the the Row and Column tab at the top, in the Primary area click the area under table. You should find all of your tables in there (you might have to connect to your vehicle first though). If you still can't find them you can create your own. Just go to the Secondary area and load Engine Speed the sensor for the column header and TPS as sensor for the row header. You will have to make sure you set the breakpoints in there, seperated by commas, the same as you have in the VCM editor so you can copy the error over and have them line up.

The how to also said to make a MAF vs. Output frequency histogram with the AFR Error PID. Obviously I don't have a MAF so how would I go about making this Histogram?

This is the thread I've been following to set everything up.

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9448

Sunday, July 10, 2011 7:15 PM
Awesome, thanks. I'll have to mess around a bit more tomorrow to see if I can get my laptop to connect without an engine in the car.

Paying someone to install parts and bragging about it being fast, is like watching someone bang your wife and being proud to raise their kids.
Monday, July 18, 2011 6:49 PM
I will send you my config tomorrow, have it set up through egr the real challenge was the pre configured afr error, had to create my own
Monday, July 18, 2011 6:50 PM
That'd be sweet, I'm still stuck on that.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search