aem fic - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
aem fic
Sunday, October 26, 2008 8:58 PM
has anyone here thought about running the aem fic?? if not i am and i will try and post pics of install and wire diagrams for a 98 2.4.

Re: aem fic
Monday, July 18, 2011 8:09 PM
Wow, sorry to bring this back from the dead "J" archives, but did you end u installing the AEM FIC unit and do you have a write on it?????

Time to get it going again.....
Tuesday, July 19, 2011 4:30 PM
I currently have the FIC-6 installed in my car with an AEM wide band. Wiring is fairly strait forward, i wired into the main wiring harness on the drivers side by the washer bottle. It will take time to find the wires you are looking for. Make sure you install the module itself in car, they aren't water friendly as I experienced. I've messed with tuning it a few times on my own with no success. Anymore questions just post.
Tuesday, July 19, 2011 4:41 PM
Question is why? In the order of things I'd like to tune with that doesnt rank high. The list below is the order I'd like to tune on not accounting for cost or installation difficulty.

Good Standalone (haltech, motec, aem, bosch, McClaren, etc)
LD9 reflash + hptuners
Stock pcm with an fpr that give fuel pressure that makes sense + hptuners
stock pcm + port fueler + hptuners
stock pcm + an fpr that doesnt make sense + hptuners
stock pcm + prot fueler (no hptuners)
FIC
convert to carburetion
mechanical fuel injection
piggy back
FMU
bigger injectors and pray

1994 Saturn SL2 Home Coming Edition: backup car
2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport Coupe: In a Junk Yard
1995 Mazda Miata R-package Class=STR
Sponsored by: Kronos Performance

WPI Class of '12 Mechanical Engineering
WPI SAE Risk and Sustainability Management Officer
Tuesday, July 19, 2011 5:48 PM
So Lyndon, how did you figure out which wire at the crank sensor was positive and negative. And did you splice into the wiring at the sensor ??

Time to get it going again.....
Thursday, July 28, 2011 4:34 PM
I like the fact that LD9 speed density reflash+hptuners is on top right under a standalone

GMR has got nothing on this
Thursday, July 28, 2011 5:32 PM
I should edit that to have the same fpr things as the stock pcm, and I should put mega squirt between the stock pcm and hp tuners and the stock pcm + port @!#$. I was going to put an LSJ computer swap between stand alone and the ld9 pcm but for the amount of work and the money you'd spend it would be better off getting a stand alone, because you would literally wire it in as if it was a stand alone, leaving the stock computer to run the gauges.

Thursday, July 28, 2011 7:56 PM
Leafy (Club Jeffie FEA man) wrote:I should edit that to have the same fpr things as the stock pcm, and I should put mega squirt between the stock pcm and hp tuners and the stock pcm + port @!#$. I was going to put an LSJ computer swap between stand alone and the ld9 pcm but for the amount of work and the money you'd spend it would be better off getting a stand alone, because you would literally wire it in as if it was a stand alone, leaving the stock computer to run the gauges.

I admit I'm biased, but even if I weren't, that still wouldn't make the least bit of sense. I don't know who you've been talking to, but you seem to have a rather skewed view of what MS can really do. Unless you are going for world records, you will never reach the power or RPM limits of a proper MS system.

The J-body pcm runs out of spark and fuel tables after what RPMs again? The J-body PCM comes with a 2.5 BAR MAP and has support for a 4-bar MAP, right? You can run COP with the J-body PCM as well, right? You can tune for overboost protection, right? There is expandability to the JBody PCM for custom I/O's right? You can do staged injection with the J-body PCM, right?

Need I go on?

I have no signiture
Thursday, July 28, 2011 8:09 PM
Can the MS do sequential injection? Surface mount components that werent soldered by hand? I will admit that I havent looked at MS since version 2 came out but I doubt they've gotten every far on the profit margins they must make.

Thursday, July 28, 2011 8:35 PM
The MS3 processor can do cop and sequential injection natively for up to 8 cylinders. The MS2 processor with the MS2-Extra firmware supports everything I just mentioned, and I believe it supports sequential injection on up to 4 cylinders. The 3.57 board is an smd layout. 3.0 was the last through-hole component design, and has worked fine for me for the past 4+ years.

I'm not saying MS is equivalent to the likes of Motec, but it is leagues above what you can do with any of the jbody OS...even the heralded LD9 reflash.

I have no signiture
Thursday, July 28, 2011 8:38 PM
And BTW, sequential injection does very little for power. Its main purpose is for emissions.

I have no signiture

Thursday, July 28, 2011 8:47 PM
Its come quite a ways then and is almost starting to look like a legitimate solution. Sequential is also good for about 2 mpgs and some help in the power below 4k rpms since every multiport fuel injection system goes non-several above that.

Thursday, December 29, 2011 6:26 PM
yes, a write up PLEASE
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search