Android Torque App - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Android Torque App
Friday, July 29, 2011 11:05 PM
so i just got this app on my phone, and my bluetooth adaptor is on its way. it can data log using a tin of different PIDs. what pics should i set it up to log? has anyone else used this?

Re: Android Torque App
Saturday, July 30, 2011 3:22 AM
I was looking at it last night. At the very least it's a cool real time scan gauge like an interceptor or dash hawk. I was contemplating it just to get a real time view of IAT and KR w/o having to lug the HPT interface around.

Saturday, July 30, 2011 4:39 AM
Let us know how well it works I may have to pick one up. Where did you buy the cable from?

Sig thanks to bxmobkrazey on gmscf.com
Saturday, July 30, 2011 6:37 AM
Cables can be found anywhere from ebay, google shopping, amazon, plx devices, ect.

Looking more deeply into this, it looks amazing for the price of everything! All, if not more, of the capability of an interceptor gauge at a fraction of the cost!

Saturday, July 30, 2011 7:56 AM
iphone has this too

called rev2 it dosen't use bluetooth tho it uses a wifi signal
http://www.devtoaster.com/products/rev/

i need to get my cable

Saturday, July 30, 2011 8:34 AM
http://www.appbrain.com/app/torque-pro-(obd2-car)/org.prowl.torque

looks neat i think i will be purchasing this also. this is what i have been looking for and the nice part is it is multivehicle.

Saturday, July 30, 2011 3:57 PM
ill be using a bluetooth adaptor. no cable needed.

what PIDs should i monitor? i can have up to 6 displayed at a time all in realy time refreshed every .01 seconds.

Saturday, July 30, 2011 4:28 PM
wonder if this would work on the reflash...
Saturday, July 30, 2011 4:35 PM
I don't see why not.

Sig thanks to bxmobkrazey on gmscf.com
Saturday, July 30, 2011 6:16 PM
This looks awesome, just downloaded the basic and about to order the obd bluetooth then Ill get the upgraded version. Cant wait to play with this as much driving as I do and all the new mods I got going on.

Sunday, July 31, 2011 12:05 AM
my adaptor is bad....think im gonna just send it back and order a good one.

Sunday, July 31, 2011 4:05 AM
Let us know which one you end up using...

Sunday, July 31, 2011 9:44 AM
Link to the needed cable ? Looks to be a cool app

Monday, August 01, 2011 8:49 AM
ecotecpower wrote:Link to the needed cable ? Looks to be a cool app

http://torque-bhp.com/wiki/Bluetooth_Adapters (Garmin EcoRoute HD adapters not supported).

Wednesday, August 03, 2011 7:25 PM
I got a bluetooth adaptor from a company on ebay called infusellc and I'll be my first adaptor went bad after 5 minutes..... There sending me a new one but I have a feeling it won't be good. I think the elm 327 is just plain slow.

Wednesday, August 03, 2011 7:41 PM
yeah thats what mine did. and thats who i bought mine from. i think i will give it one more try and see if it works otherwise i will just ask for a refund.

Wednesday, August 03, 2011 11:39 PM
EvoFire wrote:yeah thats what mine did. and thats who i bought mine from. i think i will give it one more try and see if it works otherwise i will just ask for a refund.

Yeah I'm doing the same. I hope it's not a cheap china made one. I thought it was packaged nice and stuff. I think the elm327 may be to slow tho. I have a scantool.net cable I got on a group purchase from here years ago and it's very slow. Not nearly as slow as the bluetooth one we have. Idk about yours but mine was worthless due to it's speed then it kept disconnecting and reconnecting over and over again.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Wednesday, August 03, 2011 11:40 PM

Saturday, August 13, 2011 12:32 PM
Got my replacement adaptor in today and believe it or not it works great with torque pro. I can log my kr now without having my laptop. I need to figure out how to log injector duty cycle and I'll be golden.

Saturday, August 13, 2011 6:36 PM
Stupid question but can you give me a quick rundown on getting started? Just got my adapter in but havnt tried it yet, only have the basic version so I can familiarize myself with it then Ill get the pro.

Saturday, August 13, 2011 6:48 PM
icemike89 wrote:Stupid question but can you give me a quick rundown on getting started? Just got my adapter in but havnt tried it yet, only have the basic version so I can familiarize myself with it then Ill get the pro.

Sunday, August 14, 2011 9:36 AM
I got one of the ELM 327 units and it connects and stuff. Havent drove with it yet. I'm looking forward to buying the paid version and linking the log + gps to video for data logging auto-x runs. then laughing at my friends $4000 setup that does the same thing.

1994 Saturn SL2 Home Coming Edition: backup car
2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport Coupe: In a Junk Yard
1995 Mazda Miata R-package Class=STR
Sponsored by: Kronos Performance

WPI Class of '12 Mechanical Engineering
WPI SAE Risk and Sustainability Management Officer

Sunday, August 14, 2011 4:18 PM
LarryMartin830(now with 00z24) wrote:iphone has this too

called rev2 it dosen't use bluetooth tho it uses a wifi signal
http://www.devtoaster.com/products/rev/

i need to get my cable

One drawback to Rev is that it doesn't monitor knock...at least not that I see. I'll be jailbreaking my iPhone to run Torque because of this lol

Monday, August 15, 2011 7:05 PM
If anyone figures out how to log injector duty cycle let me. I don't have my hp tuners infront of me so I can get the formula for a custom pod.

Monday, August 15, 2011 7:25 PM
im pretty sure its in there. nope its injector pulse width....would that help ya?

Thursday, August 18, 2011 6:58 PM
No. I really want duty cycle

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search