ecotec torque reduction and ect values - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
ecotec torque reduction and ect values
Sunday, July 31, 2011 9:27 PM
ok so i was looking over my tune and i saw on hpt when i compare files that torque reduction was changed even tho my cars a 5 speed... i was just wondering if torque reduction aplies to standards? the retard vs rpm was all at 1 as a value but maw tq vs gear was at 0%.... the cars being retuned so i wanna make sure i have the right knowledge dont wanna waist the free trip to the dyno.... also the ect values were really high.. closed loop enable was set at 256 hich i thought was high seing as how it would make the car lean out correct? is there anything notable that should be changed to make more of a difference other than pe and tuning of course?

Re: ecotec torque reduction and ect values
Monday, August 01, 2011 3:59 AM
I always get rid of all torque management, even on the 5 speeds. So yes, make those values 100 percent. If you have ECT closed loop enable at 256, you will never enter closed loop. It won't necessarily make you run lean, but you won't have feedback control. Unless you are heavily cammed, you want closed loop.
Monday, August 01, 2011 12:00 PM
Even heavily cammed you want closed loop, ask oldskool about tuning a car with stage 3's in open loop.

1994 Saturn SL2 Home Coming Edition: backup car
2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport Coupe: In a Junk Yard
1995 Mazda Miata R-package Class=STR
Sponsored by: Kronos Performance

WPI Class of '12 Mechanical Engineering
WPI SAE Risk and Sustainability Management Officer
Monday, August 01, 2011 1:44 PM
Leafy (Club Jeffie FEA man) wrote:Even heavily cammed you want closed loop, ask oldskool about tuning a car with stage 3's in open loop.

Hmm. In my experience huge cams do not like MAF's or narrowbands. I am not sure what duration stage 3's are, but I was more or less talking about HUGE cams - like 245+ duration at .050". At any rate, I am sure it could still be done in closed loop, idle may not be the best though.
Monday, August 01, 2011 2:30 PM
Wagonwes wrote:
Leafy (Club Jeffie FEA man) wrote:Even heavily cammed you want closed loop, ask oldskool about tuning a car with stage 3's in open loop.

Hmm. In my experience huge cams do not like MAF's or narrowbands. I am not sure what duration stage 3's are, but I was more or less talking about HUGE cams - like 245+ duration at .050". At any rate, I am sure it could still be done in closed loop, idle may not be the best though.
Agreed.... With big cams, OLSD is usually the best way to go (especially if its for all out performance).....

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Monday, August 01, 2011 3:03 PM
We'll have to see. Running huge monster cams is one thing that the stock pcm should actually be good at since its alpha-n. Although it wont like idle and you make have to "fake" an alpha-n idle map.

1994 Saturn SL2 Home Coming Edition: backup car
2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport Coupe: In a Junk Yard
1995 Mazda Miata R-package Class=STR
Sponsored by: Kronos Performance

WPI Class of '12 Mechanical Engineering
WPI SAE Risk and Sustainability Management Officer
Monday, August 01, 2011 5:13 PM
Quote:

I always get rid of all torque management, even on the 5 speeds. So yes, make those values 100 percent.

I believe you want those at 0

FU Tuning

Monday, August 01, 2011 5:36 PM
Screaming for Mercy!! wrote:
Quote:

I always get rid of all torque management, even on the 5 speeds. So yes, make those values 100 percent.

I believe you want those at 0

Oops - you're right. Thanks for catching that. Zero every torque management table out and set the TCS enable to 256, and RPM enable to 10000. That is what I do.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search