computer crashed when i was reading entrie - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
computer crashed when i was reading entrie
Friday, August 05, 2011 8:08 PM
my computer crashed on my will i was reading entire on my car so now my car dont start and i lost all my tune files and i have to relicense my car but now i cant cause it doesnt have a tune file on it.
can anybody help me. has this happened to anyone?

Re: computer crashed when i was reading entrie
Saturday, August 06, 2011 7:13 PM
ive had my old computer crash, restart, and freeze while writing a tune on my car. all three time ive just rewrote it, im not sure if it matters but i didnt do it in high speed mode like usually

running rich? turn the boost up
Sunday, August 07, 2011 9:31 AM
Yeah loosing your tunes is where your in trouble, if you still had them you could probably rewrite them to the car. Im thinking your ecu is toast. You could get one from one of those places that flashes them to match you vin but it would probably just be cheaper to get a junkyard ecu and use more credits on that. Although I could be wrong.

Sunday, August 07, 2011 11:24 AM
Zs Z wrote:Yeah loosing your tunes is where your in trouble, if you still had them you could probably rewrite them to the car. Im thinking your ecu is toast. You could get one from one of those places that flashes them to match you vin but it would probably just be cheaper to get a junkyard ecu and use more credits on that. Although I could be wrong.

yeah i actually just ordered a new pcm from a company that is gonna use my same vin for 80 bucks and after i have a file under my vin my org pcm i can flash it back as well.
thank you guys for posting. im just waiting for my new pcm to come in

Sunday, August 07, 2011 12:07 PM
01whiteZ24 wrote:
Zs Z wrote:Yeah loosing your tunes is where your in trouble, if you still had them you could probably rewrite them to the car. Im thinking your ecu is toast. You could get one from one of those places that flashes them to match you vin but it would probably just be cheaper to get a junkyard ecu and use more credits on that. Although I could be wrong.

yeah i actually just ordered a new pcm from a company that is gonna use my same vin for 80 bucks and after i have a file under my vin my org pcm i can flash it back as well.
thank you guys for posting. im just waiting for my new pcm to come in

clean looking car man. I like it.

Sunday, August 07, 2011 12:24 PM
BuiltNBoosted wrote: clean looking car man. I like it.

I agree!

Sunday, August 07, 2011 2:56 PM
Zs Z wrote:
BuiltNBoosted wrote: clean looking car man. I like it.

I agree!

thanks guys.. most people like it but almost everyone dont like chrome rims. I like the way chrome looks.
i just wish i got the carbon fiber ss hood insead of fiber glass.

Thursday, August 11, 2011 7:23 PM
I like the chrome/white combo. fits clean and its a like stock looking rim with some extra touch. I think it would look great with the emblem gone but thats just me. As for the CF hood.... IDK how well it would go on yours without some paint on it if you did the SS hood again..

Saturday, August 13, 2011 6:25 PM
i like the z24 emblems. i like my hood just before i ordered it years ago i was debating if i should go with carbon fiber or not. i dunno how good carbon fiber would look with white car so im happy with it

Saturday, August 13, 2011 7:10 PM
This is why my base tune is on 5 different hard drives.

Paying someone to install parts and bragging about it being fast, is like watching someone bang your wife and being proud to raise their kids.
Saturday, August 13, 2011 11:42 PM
Transporter7220 wrote:This is why my base tune is on 5 different hard drives.

This...... Plus two thumb drives....

Monday, August 15, 2011 7:35 PM
man i know that sucks. i learned the hard way. the laptop i use was only for tunes i didnt think this would happen.

Monday, August 15, 2011 9:37 PM
2 things.... sig is too big and even your sig is blinding me

Tuesday, August 16, 2011 8:20 AM
don't know how to make it smaller

Tuesday, August 16, 2011 9:02 AM
Then remove it.

Paying someone to install parts and bragging about it being fast, is like watching someone bang your wife and being proud to raise their kids.
Tuesday, August 16, 2011 9:24 AM
Wow I used to have those rims on my car, thought I was seeing my car in your sig for a second lol.

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Tuesday, August 16, 2011 10:16 AM
WHITECAVY wrote:Wow I used to have those rims on my car, thought I was seeing my car in your sig for a second lol.

ha ha

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search