What could this be... fuel or iginition - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
What could this be... fuel or iginition
Monday, August 22, 2011 7:38 AM
75 % of the time the car stays around 14.7 on the wideband... makes power, and drives normal

the other 25% of the time, the car wants to run super rich or super lean (or jump back and forth between the two)... In these cases it wants to die trying to put it in to first from a stop light, the car has a noticeable lack of power (more so when the wideband is 18+ than when is around 10), when i first apply pressure to the throttle, it hesitates and loses all power, if i hold my foot there the duration of this is longer, however if apply more pressure, it revs up and accelerates. In stop and go traffic this is annoying because not only does it want to die, i get thrown forward when the power loss occurs.

A quick remedy to this is to restart the car, either by key cycling, or when moving, turning it off, and popping the clutch to get the car started. Its like a night and day fix.

Does this sound like the ignition is cutting out due to a possibly overheated ICM, or more like the fuel pump starting to crap out...

or due to the fact im running a pre 95 TPS Sensor that had to be slotted, and i don't feel i could get it tight enough to prevent it from slightly moving (to change 0% at closed to like %0.25 at closed, and fluctuate back and forth from there) (This issue will be fixed very soon, waiting to get my 95 TB back from OEM =) )

Re: What could this be... fuel or iginition
Monday, August 22, 2011 7:55 AM
Do you have any logs of this happening?
Monday, August 22, 2011 8:01 AM
i personally dont have HPT... when my tuner loaded the tune on to the new PCM, he noticed that the commanded AFR kept looping back and forth from 14.1 to 14.7 at idle, causing a rich condition... we never really got a chance to explore it though

Monday, August 22, 2011 8:37 AM
When it comes to a car that is tuned, you really can't guess on the net. Too many factors.

So are you saying you know the TPS is not reading 0 at idle?

FU Tuning

Monday, August 22, 2011 10:33 AM
Screaming for Mercy!! wrote:When it comes to a car that is tuned, you really can't guess on the net. Too many factors.

So are you saying you know the TPS is not reading 0 at idle?
This is know... as soon as i get the 95 TB back from OEM, it will be outfitted with a brand new IAC and TPS. the 95 TB has a tps that has bolts that are 180 degrees apart and do not need to be rotated to read 0 at 0 on the 2000 PCM. the pre 95 TB has a tps that has bolts that are 90 degrees apart and needs to be rotated almost a centimeter to read 0 at 0... and even then its always been tempermental.

so that part will be fixed... i'm hoping thats all it is, but i'd figure i'd ask...

Monday, August 22, 2011 3:18 PM
It sounds like a bad tps (perhaps the wiper on the pot is wearing out). Have you measured the resistance of the sensor across the full sweep (0% - 100?

I have no signiture
Monday, August 22, 2011 3:19 PM
Whalesac wrote:It sounds like a bad tps (perhaps the wiper on the pot is wearing out). Have you measured the resistance of the sensor across the full sweep (0% - 100% )?

fixed......stupid emoticons

I have no signiture
Tuesday, August 23, 2011 12:20 AM
Sounds like my ecotec when my advance autoparts map sensor took a poo.

Tuesday, August 23, 2011 4:42 PM
i do throw a Map sensor correlation code (i'll have to look at old posts to see which one)... a year ago, i replaced the map, the TPS, measured resistance across the TPS, and did continuity checks on the wiring.... (and later replaced the PCM)... everything checked out per GM's check charts...

i guess at this point, i should wait to get the 95 TB back from getting bored, and put brand new OEM TPS and an OEM IAC in and see how it runs...

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search