Trifecta - Page 2 - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Trifecta
Friday, December 31, 2010 3:04 PM
Bill Hahn Jr. wrote:
BlueBoost (Itsjustacavalier) wrote:Word big bird... word... it would be nice if you sold the port fueler system separate from the manifold...then I'd buy it and run it...

I hear ya, but...You'd have to create your own solution for mounting the injectors. For what it's worth, for the power and boost levels PortFueler typically supports, the stock intake isn't your best choice anyway...so replacing it with a proven unit such as our makes perfect sense.

We've done this without the manifold on a number of other vehicles using this approach below, but it won't fit on the Ecotec with the stock intake manifold doe to spatial restraints:

Now, as Philly D notes, you CAN buy just the control module, but that would still far fall short of a "system", which is what you asked for, and is also what we've developed. Were you to just purchase a control module from someone other than us, you'd have to fill in numerous gaps. You'd also miss the chance to support a company that's supported this platform rather loyally for many years

Were you interested in purchasing the system from us less the manifold, I'm listening. We've sold partial and/or a la carte versions of PortFueler many times!

Interesting.....so say we had a aftermarket intake manifold you would be able to make something like in the picture??

Sunday, January 02, 2011 7:30 AM
We would have taken this approach with Ecotec were it not for the stock injector arrangement. In most port fuel injected engines, the injector bosses are in the manifold. In the case of Ecotec, they are instead in the cylinder head. These stock injectors and fuel rail take up the space we'd typically occupy with a PortFueler arrangement such as you see above.

But let's talk...if one desires a manifold replacement anyway, why would one not just go with ours? It's certainly the most proven by far in this applicaiton, and has superb quality to boot...

Bill Hahn Jr.
Hahn RaceCraft

World's Quickest and Fastest Street J-Bodies
Turbocharging GM FWD's since 1988
www.turbosystem.com

Sunday, January 02, 2011 6:32 PM
Bill Hahn Jr. wrote:We would have taken this approach with Ecotec were it not for the stock injector arrangement. In most port fuel injected engines, the injector bosses are in the manifold. In the case of Ecotec, they are instead in the cylinder head. These stock injectors and fuel rail take up the space we'd typically occupy with a PortFueler arrangement such as you see above.

But let's talk...if one desires a manifold replacement anyway, why would one not just go with ours? It's certainly the most proven by far in this applicaiton, and has superb quality to boot...

I 100% agree with you on the manifold..it is beautiful! I just happen to have a sheet metal manifold already...but maybe when the time comes ill sell it and buy the who she-bang!...

Anyways back to the OP..sorry
Monday, January 03, 2011 8:02 AM
Thanks for the kind words! Let me know when you are ready. I may be able to take yours as a trade-in.

Yes, sorry OP for the piracy.

Bill Hahn Jr.
Hahn RaceCraft

World's Quickest and Fastest Street J-Bodies
Turbocharging GM FWD's since 1988
www.turbosystem.com

Tuesday, August 16, 2011 1:55 PM
Bump!!!, has any of you turbo or supercharged guys got a trifecta mail tune recently?

im supercharged (m62)on the gm reflash , 3.1" pulley and cobra h/e and looking for a better tune , but i've read here that is best to find a local tuner and do a live session instead on remote tuning. Would you reccomend a trifecta tune after you car got tuned?, or would you suggest to try and find a local tuner that is confortable with cavaliers and have him tune it instead. ***Im not trying to start anything against trifecta but wan't opinions/suggestions before spending the money on a tune then regretting it later because i didn't like the results.

peformance parts for sale!! Click:
http://www.j-body.org/classifieds/engine/62265/
Tuesday, August 16, 2011 2:00 PM
Last I heard he won't tune charged applications. Plus, I wouldn't go woth s mail order tune after you've gone through the work of charging your car. Find a local shop who will do j bodies and call it a day.

Buddy Club Ecotec Cavalier
* More to come *
Tuesday, August 16, 2011 6:22 PM
Ecoweapon,

Depends on what you want for your car, and how much money you want to spend to attain that goal.

Want a daily driven, regular, boosted, reliable car? Take it to a tuner who knows what he's doing, and pay him the 300-500 to tune it.
Want to tinker with it yourself and modify the car more than once? Buy HP Tuners and read, read, read, flash, flash, flash.
Want to dump a huge amount of money into it to make an all out insane car? Dyno Tune with a standalone.

Tuesday, August 16, 2011 7:35 PM
Thanks for the inputs guys, Jay i think he does tune boosted j's i know of one person who's tune by trifecta and he drives a turbo cavy, but hoping to hear from others that have been tuned by trifecta and hear if they like the results. Erik this is my dd, so im just rying to fin someone that knows what he's doing and dosent blow my engine lol, and leaves me with an empty wallet and a car that can barely stay running lol....Im willing to pay for a good tune.

Tuesday, August 16, 2011 8:05 PM
He does boosted cavies now.

I know of 2 members that have it done by him one being the 500hp cav a while back.
Wednesday, August 17, 2011 5:52 AM
I hope he's a good tuner, I'm in MT and the only Tuner that knows a damn thing about tuning eco's (let alone cav's) close to me is Vince in Seattle unless someone here is within driving range.... gotta drive 6 hours to Seattle for this, so you;d have to be in that driving time, lol.

At some point I'm gonna get an in person dyno tune with him on my car with a LE61S/C hybrid, although that's a lot different than a mail order tune.

Wednesday, August 17, 2011 6:44 AM
I will be getting tuned with trifecta thursday so I will let you know how it goes, I'm s/c with 2.8 pulley and 60# injectors

13.520 @ 98mph! 220whp 234tq

Wednesday, August 17, 2011 8:09 AM
Scorpio1 bishes... wrote:I hope he's a good tuner, I'm in MT and the only Tuner that knows a damn thing about tuning eco's (let alone cav's) close to me is Vince in Seattle unless someone here is within driving range.... gotta drive 6 hours to Seattle for this, so you;d have to be in that driving time, lol.

At some point I'm gonna get an in person dyno tune with him on my car with a LE61S/C hybrid, although that's a lot different than a mail order tune.

Err... Vince IS the guy who tunes with Trifecta. At least, he's the guy who tuned MY trifecta tune

Buddy Club Ecotec Cavalier
* More to come *
Wednesday, August 17, 2011 8:38 AM
I know my friend is trifecta tuned. He is running a boosted ecotec.

As for alpha n I doubt he will tune it. Now if u flash to speed density im sure it will be no problem.

GMR has got nothing on this
Wednesday, August 17, 2011 6:38 PM
02cavcruzin wrote:I will be getting tuned with trifecta thursday so I will let you know how it goes, I'm s/c with 2.8 pulley and 60# injectors

Awesome man, let us know how it turns out!!

Thursday, August 18, 2011 5:47 AM
Jay Corkit wrote:
Scorpio1 bishes... wrote:I hope he's a good tuner, I'm in MT and the only Tuner that knows a damn thing about tuning eco's (let alone cav's) close to me is Vince in Seattle unless someone here is within driving range.... gotta drive 6 hours to Seattle for this, so you;d have to be in that driving time, lol.

Err... Vince IS the guy who tunes with Trifecta. At least, he's the guy who tuned MY trifecta tune

I know Vince is Trifecta, sorry my wording wasn't the greatest. haha

Thursday, August 18, 2011 12:41 PM
Jay the biggest reason your tune is less then optimal is because you don't have a wideband and settled.... One of the higher hp cabs on the site was remote tuned by Vince. But it's better to work with him directly instead of through a guy like you did.
Thursday, August 18, 2011 1:28 PM
My HHR SS is being Trifecta tuned, just got the box and first file to install tonight. Gathering the reviews by other LNF owners I'm sure I'll be satisfied.

Monday, August 29, 2011 9:05 PM
DOHC_tuner wrote:I know my friend is trifecta tuned. He is running a boosted ecotec.

As for alpha n I doubt he will tune it. Now if u flash to speed density im sure it will be no problem.

Ben? Imma have to find out what he's got...I know he's put a crap ton of $ into that engine..if he trusts a remote tune and Ben knows his sh!t, it cant be that bad

I dont think theres a good tuner for jbods anywhere near SA is there? Does JMS Racing in Converse do jobdies?

04 Cav. 2dr. 5spd. My DD. 'Nuff said.
Tuesday, August 30, 2011 8:32 PM
Joe Schulte wrote:My HHR SS is being Trifecta tuned, just got the box and first file to install tonight. Gathering the reviews by other LNF owners I'm sure I'll be satisfied.

Better get that tune fixed. I've only looked at his LNF tunes and they scare the @!#$ out of me on how bat @!#$ wrong they are. I mean high rpms you dump enough fuel to burn the eyebrows off someone in the car behind you. Theres a bunch of other things that he does on those LNF tunes that are just not good for the power or the health of the engines. I really like the couple I've seen that saw 7* of knock regularly and were told by vince it was normal. Needles to say, he's selling a lot of BYT tunes.

1994 Saturn SL2 Home Coming Edition: backup car
2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport Coupe: In a Junk Yard
1995 Mazda Miata R-package Class=STR
Sponsored by: Kronos Performance

WPI Class of '12 Mechanical Engineering
WPI SAE Risk and Sustainability Management Officer
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search