hp tuners question - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
hp tuners question
Thursday, April 06, 2006 10:18 AM
if i get hp tuners.. to tune with boost.. would i still need the fmu and afpr to get my car tuned? i have all the stuff.. just wondering if i can sell everything or if i have to keep it.. thanks

here comes the boost!

Re: hp tuners question
Thursday, April 06, 2006 10:37 AM
You don't have to keep it, no. The VE tables where you'll do most of your editing are based on TPS and RPM, so you can get the ECU to give a nice A/F ratio based off that table. I'm keeping mine for now until I get it fully tuned, but eventually I won't need it.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Thursday, April 06, 2006 10:37 AM
I would keep the FPR, the FMU can go bye bye... Mine is off and waiting for HPT to be delivered... No more Bandaids

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Thursday, April 06, 2006 10:51 AM
i love saying "good bye bandaids"

Blew it up, build numbers coming soon
Thursday, April 06, 2006 1:05 PM
That's good to know I guess I need to list some stuff in the classifieds

here comes the boost!
Thursday, April 06, 2006 1:59 PM
whoa ...

where have I been,

hptuners is actually out ???

I have a 2001 2200 turbo in need of no more bandaids too.....

is it out for my engine ??

any info would be great......

Lee

JDM Civic Hatch
14.224 @ 102.01MPH @ 5.5psi.... 2.3 60'
Next: Civic JDM B16a2 w/GSR LSD Turbo - Goal 300whp 1400lbs...
Thursday, April 06, 2006 3:52 PM
Lee-

Yeah, its out for your engine.

Thursday, April 06, 2006 4:26 PM
ron, would the hp still support his engine? I thought it could only tune boost on the engines that had gm sc reflash support. I probly read something wrong somewhere.

Thursday, April 06, 2006 4:36 PM
^if i read the FAQ correctly, you can "trick" it persay to use a 2 bar sensor

http://www.cardomain.com/id/oyyci
http://photobucket.com/albums/d170/Oyyci/
Thursday, April 06, 2006 4:36 PM
Yeah, it does only tune in boost for engines that have the reflash, but here's the great part:

The VE tables, where you tell the engine how much air is going into the cylinders, is based off of the TPS sensor and RPM. The only table that the MAP sensor really affects that I can find is the Spark Advance table. So for mine, because I don't have the reflash yet, I retarded my timing 3 degrees from 3000 RPM on up, meaning its retarded for the entire boost range.

Friday, April 07, 2006 12:37 PM
thanks for clearing that up

Saturday, April 08, 2006 10:22 AM
So do I even need to get the reflash?

here comes the boost!
Saturday, April 08, 2006 10:31 AM
You can get a good tune without it, but I'm waiting to see what else the GM S/C flash has to offer before I say you don't want it.

Monday, April 10, 2006 6:30 PM
if my cables ever show up..... I'll let you know they say it ships wed. or thurs...... from Florida

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Monday, April 10, 2006 7:38 PM
thats gonna be nice to know what this is all capable of. Im gonna have to stop by you brian just to see what its about. any idea of when the 2 bar tune will be finished?

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/827643
boost will be soon for me....
Monday, April 10, 2006 8:45 PM
im still waitin for an e-mail on mine......chris said this week it should ship out

*************Yea i spell liek wrong get over it*****************
** If i write in caps its cause im @ work and i can only write in caps cause the keyboard is a retarded CAPS only keyboard.**
Tuesday, April 11, 2006 8:38 AM
I don't know anything about this software. I have a few questions. Does the software work on the eco? Does the software have 2 step? Does the software remove the governor? Does the software remove the rev limiter?
Tuesday, April 11, 2006 12:07 PM
Darius Washington wrote:I don't know anything about this software. I have a few questions. Does the software work on the eco? Does the software have 2 step? Does the software remove the governor? Does the software remove the rev limiter?

Does JBO have a SEARCH?? Does JBO have a FAQ on this??? Have you went to HPTuners site and actually read things over there????

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Tuesday, April 11, 2006 12:43 PM
ImPhat,
That was pointless. You just wasted a post. I've looked, I've read posts about reflashes and superchargers, no one has asked the questions and hp tuners does not have a phone number, so I asked the questions. I found a better program and I am just comparing.

Is there anyone else out there that can actually be of some use besides Im Phlat? Can anyone give me some information about the product? Thank you in advance.
Tuesday, April 11, 2006 1:01 PM
Are you joking me? There are 2 huge threads about it in the performance and image forums.

Get off your lazy ass and go freaking search... this software has been talked about for almost TWO YEARS.

God, what has the .org come to?

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Slowly but surely may some day win this race...
Tuesday, April 11, 2006 1:35 PM
Sunfire GT (Chris),
Ok, I didn't see the one in the performance forum. Thank you. I have not had boost too long, so I wasn't aware of HP tuners. On the other hand, I'm lazy? Ha Ha. Whatever. I'm not lazy. I actually help people when they ask me. I do not care how many times people asks the same question, I give them an answer. If there is a thread, I tell them and link it to them. What has this org come to? A bunch of people that think they are helping, but really just wasting post and taking up space. A lot of people that do not want to be misinformed about a product. I am weary that hp tuners does not have a phone number . I did a search before, I guess I could of looked harder. I just think some things should be done in a certain conduct other than calling people out of their names. Thanks for the help, anyway.

Tuesday, April 11, 2006 1:40 PM
Quote:

I don't know anything about this software. I have a few questions. Does the software work on the eco? Does the software have 2 step? Does the software remove the governor? Does the software remove the rev limiter?

JUST CAUSE THE INFO ISNT INT HIS THREAD DOESNT MEAN THERE ISNT ONE ON IT.

LOOK ON HPTUNERS.COM..THEY HAVE A FORUM.

YES ON ECO
WHAT IS STEP 2?
YES AND YES

ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS LOOK...........AND NOT BE LAZY

*************Yea i spell liek wrong get over it*****************
** If i write in caps its cause im @ work and i can only write in caps cause the keyboard is a retarded CAPS only keyboard.**
Tuesday, April 11, 2006 1:41 PM
you know punching in w w w . h p t u n e r s . c o m would have answered a lot of your questions.

I don't care how you think things should be done. I've been around for 6 years now and I"m tired of seeing the same questions over and over again. This forum that was once information-rich is now drowned out by useless lazy bumbling newbies.

Regardless.... a quick search via google.com or even here on the .org would have yielded plenty of results - all of 1 minute of work.

Good luck with your setup.

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Slowly but surely may some day win this race...
Tuesday, April 11, 2006 2:02 PM
Darius Washington wrote:I found a better program and I am just comparing.

I am not aware of ANY other product on the market that allows us to reprogram the ECU, much less a better one.

What is this program you're speaking of?

Tuesday, April 11, 2006 5:13 PM
SunfighterGT wrote:you know punching in w w w . h p t u n e r s . c o m would have answered a lot of your questions.

I don't care how you think things should be done. I've been around for 6 years now and I"m tired of seeing the same questions over and over again. This forum that was once information-rich is now drowned out by useless lazy bumbling newbies.

Regardless.... a quick search via google.com or even here on the .org would have yielded plenty of results - all of 1 minute of work.

Good luck with your setup.

-Chris-

x2.. Dude, this is the exact reason myself and ALOT of others dont post here anymore... go out and get your so called "better product" I cant wait to see your posts on how to hook it up because your too damn lazy to read the instructions

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search