Air Fuel Ratio Commanded lo res - Page 3 - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Air Fuel Ratio Commanded lo res
Saturday, September 10, 2011 8:21 PM
I still can't get this right, I couldn't control the 55 lb injectors. My tables were all over the place. So i thought maybe I went too big, I threw my 36lb injectors back in. I was trying to clean up those tables and its leaning out and bogging down. My low ve tables are crazy high, Please help I tried to post my tunes and my scanner but i cant figure it. I don't know if my scanner is set up right or what i am doing wrong.

Saturday, September 10, 2011 9:15 PM
Email me a copy of your tune and a scann to JMHZ2497@comcast.net and I will look over it.

FU Tuning

Sunday, September 11, 2011 7:44 AM
Email sent
Sunday, September 11, 2011 9:56 AM
Looking over your file now. Idle file really needs some work.

I'm thinking your PE engagement for TPS is set too low. I usually leave them at the stock settings and it works fine.

Also your PE AFR and multipliers. Why aren't you setting the AFR at whatever you want, and putting the multi to 1.0?

I would take a fresh stock file and start over with those things.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Sunday, September 11, 2011 10:47 AM

FU Tuning

Sunday, September 11, 2011 10:04 AM
Screaming louder than before!! wrote:Also your PE AFR and multipliers. Why are you settign the AFR at whatever you want, and putting the multi to 1.0?

Because that's what you're supposed to do? Unless you want the car to get richer/leaner at higher rpms.

1994 Saturn SL2 Home Coming Edition: backup car
2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport Coupe: In a Junk Yard
1995 Mazda Miata R-package Class=STR
Sponsored by: Kronos Performance

WPI Class of '12 Mechanical Engineering
WPI SAE Risk and Sustainability Management Officer
Sunday, September 11, 2011 10:48 AM
Leafy (Club Jeffie FEA man) wrote:
Screaming louder than before!! wrote:Also your PE AFR and multipliers. Why are you settign the AFR at whatever you want, and putting the multi to 1.0?

Because that's what you're supposed to do? Unless you want the car to get richer/leaner at higher rpms.

Sorry I edited my post because I did not proof read it earlier.

FU Tuning

Sunday, September 11, 2011 11:06 AM
Except for the PE enrichment, everything else off the stock sc file. I'm going to start off with a stock s/d file. Is my scanner setup right?
Sunday, September 11, 2011 3:42 PM
i wonder if someone can make a how to on tuning in closed loop and include the histagram settings etc..... i'd love to do this but i am getting confused....

i would really like to get ryan to send me a copy of his config file etc for this because my friend from jbok (imacav) sent me a copy of his config file and all histagrams that i would need... believe me it made my life much easier.... i dont really have a ton of time to read and study how to tune so any documents help me out a ton.... just saying.... and thanks to ryan for sending randall (imacav) all that info it helped out so much.....

Sunday, September 11, 2011 3:45 PM
Its real simple. You tune just like you would tune with open loop. You even use it for the open loop portions of your tune, like the whole high rpm VE table and the low rpm ve table that is above your PE enable rpm limit. You have to make the cut off for that by hand, which is where being a tuner comes in. For the 2nd lower rpm ve, and idle ve make the custom PID that adds the ltft and the stft and use it just like you used to use the afr error pid.

1994 Saturn SL2 Home Coming Edition: backup car
2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport Coupe: In a Junk Yard
1995 Mazda Miata R-package Class=STR
Sponsored by: Kronos Performance

WPI Class of '12 Mechanical Engineering
WPI SAE Risk and Sustainability Management Officer
Sunday, September 11, 2011 4:39 PM
cool man i'll have to try it i guess next time i tune. making a filter may not be to bad for the non pe. i have the tps positions like they were stock so may not be a big deal.

Sunday, September 11, 2011 5:43 PM
SLO CAV (autocrossing dude) wrote:i wonder if someone can make a how to on tuning in closed loop and include the histagram settings etc..... i'd love to do this but i am getting confused....

i would really like to get ryan to send me a copy of his config file etc for this because my friend from jbok (imacav) sent me a copy of his config file and all histagrams that i would need... believe me it made my life much easier.... i dont really have a ton of time to read and study how to tune so any documents help me out a ton.... just saying.... and thanks to ryan for sending randall (imacav) all that info it helped out so much.....

The tuning guide Ryan is working on will cover this.

FU Tuning

Monday, September 12, 2011 1:51 PM
Screaming louder than before!! wrote:
SLO CAV (autocrossing dude) wrote:i wonder if someone can make a how to on tuning in closed loop and include the histagram settings etc..... i'd love to do this but i am getting confused....

The tuning guide Ryan is working on will cover this.

That's even better.... Now I want him to.get it done lol. Come on Ryan.....

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search