Interest for a New Tuning with HPT Guide Sticky - Page 3 - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Interest for a New Tuning with HPT Guide Sticky
Thursday, June 17, 2010 1:11 PM
I am still working on this... Just a lot going on the last few weeks, and me being rear-ended last week has slowed me down... Nothing like missing work, dealing with lawyers, insurance companies, and doctors... To top that off, I had an allergic reaction to the pain meds and my face has been numb since Monday ....

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Thursday, June 17, 2010 2:06 PM
Holy crap man! You ok now? Were you driving the cav? I hope not lol. Man you just haven't had any luck here lately.

Thursday, June 17, 2010 2:22 PM
SLO CAV (the autoxing one) wrote:Holy crap man! You ok now? Were you driving the cav? I hope not lol. Man you just haven't had any luck here lately.
I was driving my daily... 2001 Z24 SC

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Thursday, June 17, 2010 6:55 PM
Man. That's crazy. Good thing your ok tho.

Wednesday, June 23, 2010 4:36 PM
I'm not trying to rush you, but when do you expect to be finished this? I'm really looking forward to reading it.
Wednesday, June 23, 2010 4:40 PM
D.Simoes wrote:I'm not trying to rush you, but when do you expect to be finished this? I'm really looking forward to reading it.
Hopefully soon! Its a lot of work though... I am trying to include screenshots also... If my accident would not have happend, this probably would have been done by now..

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Wednesday, June 23, 2010 4:46 PM
QWK LN2 (needs an @ss whoopin) wrote:
D.Simoes wrote:I'm not trying to rush you, but when do you expect to be finished this? I'm really looking forward to reading it.
Hopefully soon! Its a lot of work though... I am trying to include screenshots also... If my accident would not have happend, this probably would have been done by now..

Thats great news. Obviously the dealing with accident was/is more important, so I'm sure nobody is going to complain about a small delay. Take your time, I'm sure alot of people appreciate this.
Thursday, June 24, 2010 5:19 AM
Definetly take your time bro, glad to hear your okay.

Thursday, June 24, 2010 7:37 AM
Scorpio1 bishes... wrote:Definetly take your time bro, glad to hear your okay.

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Friday, June 25, 2010 3:57 PM
Glad to hear your ok, but then again I already talked to you bout it.

Cant wait to see your "updated" ve tuning......

Your WHAT hurts?
Wednesday, June 30, 2010 9:06 AM
Something that may be of big value to s/c eco guys is tuning a roots s/c system using the standard 1-bar OS, at least until the custom solution gets rolling.

After tuning one for the first time, it's really not that hard, but it's more intimidating at first compared to tuning an n/a car. Plus there are things that can be done to make the tune safe yet effective, such as the IAT relocate and using the IPW vs Vac modifier to get more "range" out of the VE tables.

Maybe just consider a sub-section, and i'd be glad to help write you a draft when you get there

Wednesday, June 30, 2010 9:43 AM
oldskool wrote:Something that may be of big value to s/c eco guys is tuning a roots s/c system using the standard 1-bar OS, at least until the custom solution gets rolling.

After tuning one for the first time, it's really not that hard, but it's more intimidating at first compared to tuning an n/a car. Plus there are things that can be done to make the tune safe yet effective, such as the IAT relocate and using the IPW vs Vac modifier to get more "range" out of the VE tables.

Maybe just consider a sub-section, and i'd be glad to help write you a draft when you get there
That would be awesome Ryan. I am in Ohio right now on an unexpected visit. Dad had to have some lymphnodes removed today. Cancer FTL I kind of wish I would have brought my laptop to work on this while I am sitting here in the waiting room.

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Wednesday, June 30, 2010 1:04 PM
oldskool wrote:Something that may be of big value to s/c eco guys is tuning a roots s/c system using the standard 1-bar OS, at least until the custom solution gets rolling.

That would be awesome Ryan. I am in Ohio right now on an unexpected visit. Dad had to have some lymphnodes removed today. Cancer FTL I kind of wish I would have brought my laptop to work on this while I am sitting here in the waiting room.
I'm sorry to hear about your father, and i know what you're going through. Don't worry about car stuff and the org, it's very secondary to family! Good luck!

Wednesday, July 07, 2010 5:26 AM
oldskool wrote:

I'm sorry to hear about your father, and i know what you're going through. Don't worry about car stuff and the org, it's very secondary to family! Good luck!

x2, I'll keep your dad in my prayers.

Wednesday, July 21, 2010 7:54 AM
This is great to see. And including stuff on faking the 2.5 bar tune would be great, even just this link would be wicked pissa.

1994 Saturn SL2 Home Coming Edition: backup car
2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport Coupe: In a Junk Yard
1995 Mazda Miata R-package Class=STR
Sponsored by: Kronos Performance

WPI Class of '12 Mechanical Engineering
WPI SAE Risk and Sustainability Management Officer
Wednesday, July 21, 2010 8:53 AM
Leafy wrote:This is great to see. And including stuff on faking the 2.5 bar tune would be great, even just this link would be wicked pissa.
Part of that will be included in it.. This has taken a lot longer than I anticipated, but I have been busy with paying jobs and family stuff.

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Wednesday, July 21, 2010 3:21 PM
Leafy wrote:This is great to see. And including stuff on faking the 2.5 bar tune would be great, even just this link would be wicked pissa.
Part of that will be included in it.. This has taken a lot longer than I anticipated, but I have been busy with paying jobs and family stuff.

Take your time dude, hell after I watched your "video" last night....I wondered how in the hell you even HAD the time to work on this. I feel for you dude, City, state, and federal ALL suck ass and damn near always get their way. I hope you can put those mofos in their place. Best of luck.

And btw, however long this takes to complete, I'm waiting patiently and my car isn't goin anywhere. Too damn hot right now! LOL

Your WHAT hurts?
Thursday, July 22, 2010 3:19 AM
Ryan....have people donate paypal money for your time...if they like.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Tuesday, July 27, 2010 6:07 PM
Definitely will donate! I need a a file of a tune with LE5 manifold plus LSJ injectors/bigger injectors. I need to know how my ECU works with setting up IDC % in HPT PRO...etc.

"FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS DRIVE STOCK"

Tuesday, July 27, 2010 6:15 PM
Ryan as you know I learned somethings recently, so I hope those things are pointed out in the guide.

FU Tuning

Tuesday, July 27, 2010 7:18 PM
Screaming for Mercy!! wrote:Ryan as you know I learned somethings recently, so I hope those things are pointed out in the guide.
What you learned will definitely be in there...

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Wednesday, August 11, 2010 8:01 AM
Bump

I am looking forward to this

Jason
99 Z24 Supercharged
157hp/171tq - NA
190hp/170tq @ 6psi

LG0/LD9 for Life
Wednesday, August 11, 2010 10:06 AM
Blwn LD9 wrote:Bump

I am looking forward to this

x2

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Wednesday, August 11, 2010 5:58 PM
x3
Friday, August 13, 2010 1:44 PM
X4

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search