**How To: HP Tuners** - Page 2 - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: **How To: HP Tuners**
Monday, September 26, 2011 4:19 AM
Zs Z wrote:

Yes I agree the VE tuning procedure and histograms....would be a very beneficial edition to this write up. That's the hardest part to figure out when learning to tune. Other than that awesome job!


Agreed!!!
Thanks Ryan!







Re: **How To: HP Tuners**
Tuesday, September 27, 2011 10:51 AM
Awesome! Yes a how to on closed loop tuning is a must!!!


GMR has got nothing on this
Re: **How To: HP Tuners**
Tuesday, September 27, 2011 10:52 AM
Give me a bit, I need to wire the wheel speed sensor up on our racecar today, and put a 3 piece wheel together. Oh and homeowrk too.


1994 Saturn SL2 Home Coming Edition: backup car
2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport Coupe: In a Junk Yard
1995 Mazda Miata R-package Class=STR
Sponsored by: Kronos Performance

WPI Class of '12 Mechanical Engineering
WPI SAE Risk and Sustainability Management Officer
Re: **How To: HP Tuners**
Monday, October 10, 2011 7:12 PM
Addicted to meth wrote:

Not to say it should not be includes, but voltage offset for wideband setup can be found on HPT forum. They even have a how to on it, and a excell spreadsheet that pretty much walks you through it and does it for you. I keep it on my laptop just in case.


Voltage Offset is caused by the interface or the WB ? The guys with custom PID for WB in A/C or ERG input have to use Voltage Offset also ?


Boost Lover
Re: **How To: HP Tuners**
Monday, October 10, 2011 9:54 PM
Voltage offset is cause by a difference in relative voltages of the grounds for the two different things being measured. Be that the ecu if the wideband runs in through the egr or a/c or the pro interface ground if it goes through there. You can eliminate all voltage offsets cause from this by having the grounds very very close to each other. But dont stack ring terminals that induces noise as corrosion forms between the two rings, and can make a voltage offset due to dissimilar metals (one of the other possible sources of voltage outputs.)


1994 Saturn SL2 Home Coming Edition: backup car
2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport Coupe: In a Junk Yard
1995 Mazda Miata R-package Class=STR
Sponsored by: Kronos Performance

WPI Class of '12 Mechanical Engineering
WPI SAE Risk and Sustainability Management Officer
Re: **How To: HP Tuners**
Wednesday, October 12, 2011 1:56 PM
Does torque management do anything for a manual car? When I did my tune I think leafy or someone else said to disable it but does it work on a manual like on a automatic?



Re: **How To: HP Tuners**
Wednesday, October 12, 2011 2:12 PM
SLO CAV (autocrossing dude) wrote:

Does torque management do anything for a manual car? When I did my tune I think leafy or someone else said to disable it but does it work on a manual like on a automatic?


I'm not sure that it does, but I always disable anyways. I might experiment on the dyno with it.




FU Tuning



Re: **How To: HP Tuners**
Wednesday, October 12, 2011 3:32 PM
Addicted to meth wrote:

SLO CAV (autocrossing dude) wrote:

Does torque management do anything for a manual car? When I did my tune I think leafy or someone else said to disable it but does it work on a manual like on a automatic?


I'm not sure that it does, but I always disable anyways. I might experiment on the dyno with it.


Awesome man if you do keep me posted I'm curious.



Re: **How To: HP Tuners**
Thursday, October 13, 2011 10:00 AM
ryan,

i call bull@!#$ that you know anything to support your tuning on this how to and are a complete noob, so i say in order to spite me and prove that you know whats going on, you get your passport, let me fly you up here and show me what you can do
















that is all




Re: **How To: HP Tuners**
Friday, October 14, 2011 7:36 AM
SLO CAV (autocrossing dude) wrote:

Addicted to meth wrote:

SLO CAV (autocrossing dude) wrote:

Does torque management do anything for a manual car? When I did my tune I think leafy or someone else said to disable it but does it work on a manual like on a automatic?


I'm not sure that it does, but I always disable anyways. I might experiment on the dyno with it.


Awesome man if you do keep me posted I'm curious.


When Ryan came up to Chicago and we did a few street tunes prior to dyno time, you could feel the difference with removing the tq management on the blower setup. I'm sure on an n/a car it wouldn't be as noticable....at least since I'm n/a again and i have no tq management now and it is not noticeable go figure hahahaha.







Re: **How To: HP Tuners**
Monday, October 17, 2011 7:56 AM
SLO CAV (autocrossing dude) wrote:

Addicted to meth wrote:

SLO CAV (autocrossing dude) wrote:

Does torque management do anything for a manual car? When I did my tune I think leafy or someone else said to disable it but does it work on a manual like on a automatic?


I'm not sure that it does, but I always disable anyways. I might experiment on the dyno with it.


Awesome man if you do keep me posted I'm curious.


I noticed no difference after removing mine, under WOT anyways, seems to of made a difference in non-PE situations.

It does noticeably spin the tires easier under part throttle/low RPM situations.

Part throttle in 2nd gear spins the tires almost every time now in the rain, it wouldn't spin before unless I tried, now it breaks loss unintentionally all the time.


Thats been my experience anyways, it was either that...or my roads got slipperier..lol






Re: **How To: HP Tuners**
Monday, October 17, 2011 8:38 AM
I did not try this on the dyno Friday night.

I will be taking my car in the next few weeks to a month. Going to be dynoing the difference in my ported charger, and then difference between the 57mm TB and the 62mm TB. So I will do the torque mangement as well.




FU Tuning



Re: **How To: HP Tuners**
Tuesday, February 07, 2012 8:00 PM
Histogram configurations would certainly be helpful. They can be a long drawn out process should an idiot (such as myself) have to go through and re-create them all afters years of not having used HPT.



ASE Master Certified Automotive Technician

Re: **How To: HP Tuners**
Thursday, February 09, 2012 11:42 AM
Addicted to meth wrote:

I did not try this on the dyno Friday night.

I will be taking my car in the next few weeks to a month. Going to be dynoing the difference in my ported charger, and then difference between the 57mm TB and the 62mm TB. So I will do the torque mangement as well.



???


GMR has got nothing on this
Re: **How To: HP Tuners**
Sunday, February 12, 2012 6:02 AM
Histogram update please.


see ya!

Re: **How To: HP Tuners**
Sunday, February 12, 2012 9:12 AM
novaracer wrote:

Histogram update please.

X2

I set one up that shows the AFR at whatever boost level and rpm and have been trying to tweek things off that by looking at every cell and making adjustments one by on. Been a huge pain in the azz so far. Would love to see and use the historgram configs that were originally talked about.



12.6 @ 114.6 MPH

Re: **How To: HP Tuners**
Monday, February 13, 2012 3:28 AM
I might have them saved somewhere on my old laptop.





Re: **How To: HP Tuners**
Tuesday, February 14, 2012 3:31 AM
Post them



see ya!

Re: **How To: HP Tuners**
Saturday, February 18, 2012 10:06 PM
Thanks to all those who helped write this up. So much awesome information!



Paying someone to install parts and bragging about it being fast, is like watching someone bang your wife and being proud to raise their kids.
Re: **How To: HP Tuners**
Monday, February 20, 2012 3:47 PM
Thanks for getting to this, its been a long time coming.
J body config
AFR LC-1 via EGR Config
I got the original config from Ryan(thanks again).
The one labeled lc-1 via egr is just that, had problems recording the histrogram AFR on the pro so i set up my own.
there is a how to thread on here that I used some info from a Corvette forum and added what i thought was of interest for this forum.

This took me quite a while so I hope this saves someone a little time.
Link for Innovative Motorsports LC-1
I finally ended up tunning in closed loop, copy and paste special, multiply by % (I think)
The car is for circle track with a BIG cam and when I started The car wouldn't start or idle. Now I can reach in the car and turn the key and it idles about 1100 just like it should.
I would love to share the original and my final scan so someone can pick it apart.

Original 97 2.2 Sunfire Automatic
Original scan log

Final scan closed loop
Last write before scan

I'm still not sure what I did was the right way to go about, so I'm looking forward see the right way to edit the tables.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Monday, February 20, 2012 4:22 PM
Re: **How To: HP Tuners**
Tuesday, February 21, 2012 3:43 AM
Ross thanks for posting!






Re: **How To: HP Tuners**
Tuesday, February 21, 2012 10:11 PM
Great stuff guys, Special thanks for the link to the LC-1 configuration formulas. Now I just need to find the time to go get mine all hooked backed up. This should all become part of the J specific tuning sticky info.



ASE Master Certified Automotive Technician

Re: **How To: HP Tuners**
Wednesday, February 22, 2012 6:08 AM
x2^, hwo cares if it looks cluttered in the forum, this should be stickied, look how many people come asking these questions over and over again.



Re: **How To: HP Tuners**
Wednesday, February 22, 2012 6:33 PM
I propose that someone collects all these how tos and copy and paste from other how tos to come up with a step by step that we CAN make a sticky.
Can we contact the original poster from the original sticky to incorporate the updated information?
Maybe include subsections to point to 97-02 LN2, ld9, Forced induction, or whatever may be applicable.
So that way people can go to the area that works for them and will not get lost looking for steps that will not be able to find. As an example I wasted many hours trying to log the AFR with the pro version through the stock AFR pid. The problem was it would show up in both the AFR and AFR error as I set them up in the histograms but would not record either one. After I posted a solution over at HPTUNERS forum, someone posted a bug confirmation. Another example: I don't need to know about speed density tunes for a 97 ln2.
I'm not real fast at this but I could give it a try.
Re: **How To: HP Tuners**
Wednesday, February 22, 2012 6:35 PM
O2l8 wrote:

I propose that someone collects all these how tos and copy and paste from other how tos to come up with a step by step that we CAN make a sticky.
Can we contact the original poster from the original sticky to incorporate the updated information?
Maybe include subsections to point to 97-02 LN2, ld9, Forced induction, or whatever may be applicable.
So that way people can go to the area that works for them and will not get lost looking for steps that will not be able to find. As an example I wasted many hours trying to log the AFR with the pro version through the stock AFR pid. The problem was it would show up in both the AFR and AFR error as I set them up in the histograms but would not record either one. After I posted a solution over at HPTUNERS forum, someone posted a bug confirmation. Another example: I don't need to know about speed density tunes for a 97 ln2.
I'm not real fast at this but I could give it a try.


This how to is what you said. Forget the old stickies, and forget stickies all together.




FU Tuning



Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

 

Start New Topic Advanced Search