If I bought a second ecm do you think gm would flash it with the supercharge flash before I install? - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
If I bought a second ecm do you think gm would flash it with the supercharge flash before I install?
Friday, September 23, 2011 6:30 AM
Simple question If I bought a second ecm do you think gm would flash it with the supercharge flash before I install? This way I could just swap back to the original after they flash it and then I can take my time and install on the weekend (when the dealer is closed) without any down time.

Re: If I bought a second ecm do you think gm would flash it with the supercharge flash before I install?
Friday, September 23, 2011 6:37 AM
Jason Sneed wrote:Simple question If I bought a second ecm do you think gm would flash it with the supercharge flash before I install? This way I could just swap back to the original after they flash it and then I can take my time and install on the weekend (when the dealer is closed) without any down time.

Doubtful. You might get lucky and find someone who works at a dealer and hook you up.

FU Tuning

Re: If I bought a second ecm do you think gm would flash it with the supercharge flash before I install?
Friday, September 23, 2011 9:16 AM
The ECM has to be in the car in order for it to get flashed, unless the dealer has a bench harness.

1994 Saturn SL2 Home Coming Edition: backup car
2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport Coupe: In a Junk Yard
1995 Mazda Miata R-package Class=STR
Sponsored by: Kronos Performance

WPI Class of '12 Mechanical Engineering
WPI SAE Risk and Sustainability Management Officer
Friday, September 23, 2011 7:42 PM
1.Buy a used ECM off ebay.
2. Keep the current one if my car, drive to the dealer.
3. Swap in the new ECM I just bought and have them flash it with the supercharger flash.

Would this work??? I'll have to call up the Chevy dealer down the street. If it doesn't work I guess I can drive it down after I install everything over a weekend and the following Monday have them flash it. I assume its safe to drive with the old injectors as long as I stay out of boost?
Friday, September 23, 2011 8:00 PM
I will have a 04 ECO 5 speed reflashed ECM for sale in about a month...

or there is a company on EBAY that will flash computers VIN code them and send them to you for a good price...the name of the ebay store is in a thread here somewhere....ill look.

Wednesday, November 02, 2011 2:39 PM
You need both ECM's to have the same Vin numbers, or your car will go into theft lock.
You will have to do the relearn each time you swap the ECM's.
Your plan should work, as long as they "read" from your original, then "write" the new one.
I used to do the same thing back in the day.

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search