pre 00 2.4 sc timing - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
pre 00 2.4 sc timing
Thursday, November 03, 2011 8:33 PM
I'm starting to mess with my timing, is there a base line i could start with? The one i got with the supercharger doesn't look right, I then was using the stock sc timing, and it felt like i was dragging another car . Now I put the stock s/d timing in, but I don't want to blow my motor up.

Re: pre 00 2.4 sc timing
Saturday, November 05, 2011 9:20 AM
Thats funny. Im kind of in the same boat... watching...

Sunday, November 06, 2011 3:51 PM
You need to look at the PE map too.

First, make your low octane and your high octane tables the same. You will be running 93 from now on with no exceptions and having it not interpolate between 2 tables makes tuning easier. Are you faking a 2 or 2.5 bar tune or are you running with the stock map sensor? On a boosted car I tune spark by starting with a base map that makes sense and then adding more and more to the whole table until it knocks then pulling from the cells it knocks and adding to the cells it doesnt knock in until I hit 1* of KR every where then I dial it down till I dont see any more KR. and call it good. That really only goes for the PE table. IN the off boost and cruising section of the tune you really need to be on the dyno for the most part to actually tell if you are making an improvement.

1994 Saturn SL2 Home Coming Edition: backup car
2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport Coupe: In a Junk Yard
1995 Mazda Miata R-package Class=STR
Sponsored by: Kronos Performance

WPI Class of '12 Mechanical Engineering
WPI SAE Risk and Sustainability Management Officer
Sunday, November 06, 2011 7:11 PM
I'm using the stock map, I have the octane tables matching . I have a stock speed density timing right now, I am getting 6 kr at full throttle. I was getting 11.5 afr at the time so it wasn't leaning out. I have it in open loop because I'm doing ve tuning, should i finish ve tables, then timing or timing ,then ve tables?
Sunday, November 06, 2011 7:13 PM
Good christ. Pull back the timing where you get KR at least the amount of KR. And finish the VE tables.

When I see 6* of KR in a pull its when I strongly consider aborting the pull.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Sunday, November 06, 2011 7:13 PM

Sunday, November 06, 2011 7:30 PM
I haven't been hitting full throttle,since i saw that. I've been holding off any more turning till i figured this out
Sunday, November 06, 2011 7:31 PM
Its simple, when you hit KR pull timing from that cell and the cells near it and re-smooth.

What map sensor are you running? If I dont know I cant make you a base map.

Sunday, November 06, 2011 7:41 PM
I just running a stock map sensor. I tried faking a 2 bar, but it was getting to be a pain, so i went back to a stock 1 bar.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search