E85 Blend - Page 2 - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: E85 Blend
Sunday, November 13, 2011 2:45 PM
I wish there was some one in colorado with HP tuners i really want to get this tuned. my 60lb injectors are actually more at 60 psi they were rated at 43 psi. this thing is so rich i am taking away 30% with my SAFC to even get it drivable.

03 Chevy Cavalier $1500.00
Turbo T3/4 $100.00
Inter-cooler $40.00
Kicking your $10,000 cars ass $ priceless $

Sunday, November 13, 2011 2:54 PM
This thread is really starting to crack me up... You guys just don't get it. Go ahead and run corn without the proper tables. Can't wait to see meltdown pics. And SAFC?!?! WoW! Guess some people just have to learn the hard way. And for the record, I would not let Leafy touch your car .......

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Sunday, November 13, 2011 3:44 PM

And you sir, need to learn how to spell. And I am going to have a blast laughing at you when your sh!t melts down and blows up! Actually looking forward to it.

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Sunday, November 13, 2011 4:28 PM
Havent seen his other thread yet have you Ryan....its a gooder!
Sunday, November 13, 2011 4:36 PM
Philly D wrote:Havent seen his other thread yet have you Ryan....its a gooder!
Nope. On my phone. Please direct me... At dinner with my wife. Need a good laugh.

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Sunday, November 13, 2011 6:53 PM
Seriously, you need to learn how to spell Mr. Jackoff.....

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Sunday, November 13, 2011 6:56 PM
And need to remember to renew my premium membership, and to add pics.

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Sunday, November 13, 2011 9:05 PM
This thread just got better... I'm with Ryan I can't wait for blown up pics......

Sunday, November 13, 2011 9:09 PM
I cant wait for blown up pics based on his other thread. What makes me sad is that I fear that his blatant moronicness will jade the rest of this form into believing that e85 is impossible when its just merely another fuel source.

1994 Saturn SL2 Home Coming Edition: backup car
2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport Coupe: In a Junk Yard
1995 Mazda Miata R-package Class=STR
Sponsored by: Kronos Performance

WPI Class of '12 Mechanical Engineering
WPI SAE Risk and Sustainability Management Officer
Sunday, November 13, 2011 9:15 PM
See what e85 can do here.... He was tuned for 12.5 hmm

http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=46&i=434684&t=434288#434684

Sunday, November 13, 2011 9:21 PM
SLO CAV (autocrossing dude) wrote:See what e85 can do here.... He was tuned for 12.5 hmm

Thats actually 8.2:1. Which is a lambda of 0.85, either way not a afr that I would tune a boosted car to. Unless he was trying to eek everything he could out of a low boost setting, then with the assistance of a dyno and egt probe it would be acceptable. Though 0.80 lambda would safer and depending on setup provide more power. In order to get a lambda of 0.80 you would put 11.8 in the AFR commanded table, which with e85 would result in an afr of 7.8:1.

Sunday, November 13, 2011 11:31 PM
just do you guys know, i am not trying to run E all the time. i was just wondering if it would be a short term fix for some added octane. im not trying to run a e blend all the time...lol although i still think that a e15 blend wouldnt be bad on a stock tune considering arizona runs e10 all the time anyways

Monday, November 14, 2011 5:50 AM
EvoFire wrote:just do you guys know, i am not trying to run E all the time. i was just wondering if it would be a short term fix for some added octane. im not trying to run a e blend all the time...lol although i still think that a e15 blend wouldnt be bad on a stock tune considering arizona runs e10 all the time anyways

EVOFIRE these guys on here are a bunch of a holes .............

03 Chevy Cavalier $1500.00
Turbo T3/4 $100.00
Inter-cooler $40.00
Kicking your $10,000 cars ass $ priceless $
Monday, November 14, 2011 6:23 AM
David wrote:
EvoFire wrote:just do you guys know, i am not trying to run E all the time. i was just wondering if it would be a short term fix for some added octane. im not trying to run a e blend all the time...lol although i still think that a e15 blend wouldnt be bad on a stock tune considering arizona runs e10 all the time anyways

Sometimes it takes an a hole to protect people from their own ignorance.

I have no signiture
Monday, November 14, 2011 8:30 AM
David wrote:

I admit I'm an a$$hole, but I would rather be an a$$hole than a dumba$$.... True story....

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Monday, November 14, 2011 9:36 AM
David wrote:

they maybe assholes, but you are an idiot, and i know these assholes and can trust them.....i dont know you, and after reading some of you posts i think ill keep it that way....

ryan. whalesac thanks for looking out.

Thursday, November 17, 2011 6:20 PM
i know its kind of ghetto but what about running some kind of port fueler setup to add fuel to get the correct AFR for E85?

Come join us over on the Olds Quad 4 and Twin Cam Facebook group!
Thursday, November 17, 2011 7:15 PM
-Z Yaaaa- wrote:i know its kind of ghetto but what about running some kind of port fueler setup to add fuel to get the correct AFR for E85?

As long as the factory ECU is involved you will have issues.

You would need complete standalone fueling.

FU Tuning

Thursday, November 17, 2011 9:19 PM
Leafy (Club Jeffie FEA man) wrote:
SLO CAV (autocrossing dude) wrote:See what e85 can do here.... He was tuned for 12.5 hmm

Thats actually 8.2:1. Which is a lambda of 0.85, either way not a afr that I would tune a boosted car to. Unless he was trying to eek everything he could out of a low boost setting, then with the assistance of a dyno and egt probe it would be acceptable. Though 0.80 lambda would safer and depending on setup provide more power. In order to get a lambda of 0.80 you would put 11.8 in the AFR commanded table, which with e85 would result in an afr of 7.8:1.
WRONG! And all our AFR command table does is provide a target, it does nothing with the actual fueling.....

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Thursday, November 17, 2011 10:01 PM
Yes, exactly. If the tune is dialed in, it will give you the exact lambda value you specify (assuming that it is re-tuned for e-85) when you are in PE mode. We do have the distinct disadvantage that we do actually have to change our fuel mapping when switching between the two fuels while cars which can specify their stoich AFR only need to adjust that value.

Friday, November 18, 2011 12:23 AM
QWK LN2 (P&P Tuning) wrote:This thread is really starting to crack me up... You guys just don't get it. Go ahead and run corn without the proper tables. Can't wait to see meltdown pics. And SAFC?!?! WoW! Guess some people just have to learn the hard way. And for the record, I would not let Leafy touch your car .......

Haha! I just came across this thread. I am all for educating people myself and I actually rather enjoy it but some people do have a hard time understanding the "technical side" of auto sports and you're right, they likely will just never get it. I was actually surprised how well some do know there stuff but this is why I try to avoid the tuning threads like the plague. Once you start getting into this stuff it's an entirely different level of understanding. These types of discussions are why I disappear from forums for months on end because I too get frustrated beyond belief trying to explain it.

Evofire in all reality given what you are currently working with, your best solution to the issue you are having with the least amount of hassle and the least amount of cost long term is to just run methanol injection. It will help to suppress that knock. Are you actually data logging the knock? Is it just a blip of knock? If so that is not uncommon especially with some of the scenarios you described. The GM reflash is rather conservative in regard to the knock retard. After the ECU pulls max 8* of timing does the knock retard go away as you power through it? Typically it will make the quick retard to extinguish any knock and then jump right back to normal timing once the knock dissipates (usually pretty instant). If it is maintaining knock retard then there is more to be investigated. The fact you mentioned it was pulling around 3* I suspect it is doing essentially preventive knock suppression per se upon rapid throttle changes (I would need to data log). The ECU is quick but not always instantaneous to make adjustments to your foot haha. Of course given your setup you will not be able to take full advantage of methanol use but it will get you through any little bumps you may be getting with your current setup. Your engine mods are really not that extensive and I question the severity of the knock you are seeing. If you are using the Aeroforce gauges remember there is a slight delay in the refresh rate on those particular guages. Meaning if the knock is going away right away its actually going away even faster than the gauges are indicating. I am by no stretch of the imagination advocating that knock is not a problem regardless of the level but it also depends on what exactly is causing the reading and when to determine if it should raise alarm. In your case I suspect your fine and I agree stop putting E85 in your tank.

ASE Master Certified Automotive Technician

Friday, November 18, 2011 12:44 AM
yeah KR goes right to 8, then drops in .5 degree incriments.

Friday, November 18, 2011 5:39 AM
EvoFire wrote:yeah KR goes right to 8, then drops in .5 degree incriments.

That actually sounds like it may be false knock.

Friday, November 18, 2011 5:48 AM
Friday, November 18, 2011 5:49 AM
Leafy (Club Jeffie FEA man) wrote:Yes, exactly. If the tune is dialed in, it will give you the exact lambda value you specify (assuming that it is re-tuned for e-85) when you are in PE mode. We do have the distinct disadvantage that we do actually have to change our fuel mapping when switching between the two fuels while cars which can specify their stoich AFR only need to adjust that value.

Please stop giving advice... You are not helping, you are just confusing people with inaccurate information.... Oh yeah, "With all due repect......"

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search