ecotec histogram config - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
ecotec histogram config
Wednesday, December 14, 2011 11:38 PM
Can someone post a histogram configuration please



see ya!


Re: ecotec histogram config
Thursday, December 15, 2011 11:46 AM
WTF? hptuners.com if this would be for hptuners????



Re: ecotec histogram config
Thursday, December 15, 2011 3:13 PM
yes it is for hptuners and no they dont have a config on the hptuners.com forum.
anyone?


see ya!

Re: ecotec histogram config
Thursday, December 15, 2011 3:20 PM
the stock/default is usually a good starting point.



FU Tuning



Re: ecotec histogram config
Thursday, December 15, 2011 5:44 PM
The default does nothing as far as stft or ltft hell nothing works in the histograms. i had it then my wife wiped and reinstaled the hdd on the laptop. I got lucky i stored the tunes on my flash drive.


see ya!

Re: ecotec histogram config
Thursday, December 15, 2011 6:11 PM
novaracer wrote:

The default does nothing as far as stft or ltft hell nothing works in the histograms. i had it then my wife wiped and reinstaled the hdd on the laptop. I got lucky i stored the tunes on my flash drive.


Why are you even using stft and ltft in the histograms?



FU Tuning



Re: ecotec histogram config
Monday, December 19, 2011 12:09 PM
Right...



Re: ecotec histogram config
Tuesday, December 20, 2011 11:57 AM
Addicted to meth wrote:

novaracer wrote:

The default does nothing as far as stft or ltft hell nothing works in the histograms. i had it then my wife wiped and reinstaled the hdd on the laptop. I got lucky i stored the tunes on my flash drive.


Why are you even using stft and ltft in the histograms?


tuning using closed loop...



Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, December 20, 2011 11:57 AM

1994 Saturn SL2 Home Coming Edition: backup car
2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport Coupe: In a Junk Yard
1995 Mazda Miata R-package Class=STR
Sponsored by: Kronos Performance

WPI Class of '12 Mechanical Engineering
WPI SAE Risk and Sustainability Management Officer
Re: ecotec histogram config
Tuesday, December 20, 2011 2:14 PM
Leafy (Club Jeffie FEA man) wrote:

Addicted to meth wrote:

novaracer wrote:

The default does nothing as far as stft or ltft hell nothing works in the histograms. i had it then my wife wiped and reinstaled the hdd on the laptop. I got lucky i stored the tunes on my flash drive.


Why are you even using stft and ltft in the histograms?


tuning using closed loop...


such a waste.



FU Tuning



Re: ecotec histogram config
Tuesday, December 20, 2011 2:16 PM
Why? Use the right tool for the job. The narrow band is more accurate at lambda1 than a wide band, so thats what you should use to tune there.


1994 Saturn SL2 Home Coming Edition: backup car
2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport Coupe: In a Junk Yard
1995 Mazda Miata R-package Class=STR
Sponsored by: Kronos Performance

WPI Class of '12 Mechanical Engineering
WPI SAE Risk and Sustainability Management Officer
Re: ecotec histogram config
Tuesday, December 20, 2011 3:00 PM
Leafy (Club Jeffie FEA man) wrote:

Why? Use the right tool for the job. The narrow band is more accurate at lambda1 than a wide band, so thats what you should use to tune there.


I disagree.

Should not be surprised as I disagree with most of your tuning ideas.



FU Tuning




Re: ecotec histogram config
Wednesday, December 21, 2011 6:37 AM
Addicted to meth wrote:

Leafy (Club Jeffie FEA man) wrote:

Why? Use the right tool for the job. The narrow band is more accurate at lambda1 than a wide band, so thats what you should use to tune there.


I disagree.

Should not be surprised as I disagree with most of your tuning ideas.
Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner!





P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Re: ecotec histogram config
Wednesday, December 21, 2011 7:05 AM
As a company that sells Wideband kits, this disturbs me. But I guess this is why we teach classes on it. lol



Re: ecotec histogram config
Wednesday, December 21, 2011 6:02 PM
well i know there is no ltft and stft but there is still no cfg posted i know i am not the only one that needs help. help


see ya!

Re: ecotec histogram config
Wednesday, December 21, 2011 6:21 PM
What everyone is telling you is that you need a wideband to tune, you cannot accurately tune with a narrow band o3 sensor. I work for a o2 sensor company and can tell you it is not the way to go.



Re: ecotec histogram config
Thursday, December 22, 2011 7:47 AM
Its not that hard to make a config file...... I have sent them our before, but in all seriousness, why not just make one?





P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Re: ecotec histogram config
Thursday, December 22, 2011 9:34 AM
Yeah you really should just make one. Making your own will make sure you better understand what everything is doing and its purpose.

Jason, you can accurately tune with a narrowband. so long as you are only trying to tune to lambda 1, and its completely useless anywhere else.


1994 Saturn SL2 Home Coming Edition: backup car
2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport Coupe: In a Junk Yard
1995 Mazda Miata R-package Class=STR
Sponsored by: Kronos Performance

WPI Class of '12 Mechanical Engineering
WPI SAE Risk and Sustainability Management Officer
Re: ecotec histogram config
Saturday, December 24, 2011 12:56 AM
I have a wide band a innovate lm2 and i hear you on the understanding the tables. but why not post your cfg and make it easy for people that dont have the time. i work 12hrs a day 7days a week saving for a new sonic rs . Anyway i tink i got it i made a ve idle map ve high rpm and a wideband and a ve pe. I will see if it works tomorrow i got a new tool box and had to move a shelf in the garage. They had a good deal at hf 42" top and bottom with both side lockers. Less than 1200 bucks8


see ya!

Re: ecotec histogram config
Saturday, December 24, 2011 12:59 AM
And i understand why and how to disable closed loop to get better res during tuning. Still post your cfg.


see ya!

Re: ecotec histogram config
Monday, December 26, 2011 6:53 AM
novaracer wrote:

And i understand why and how to disable closed loop to get better res during tuning. Still post your cfg.
Sounds more like lazyness, not like not having the time... Gotta crawl before you walk, gotta walk before you run.... Like it not about the hand outs.... Its about learning.....





P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Re: ecotec histogram config
Monday, December 26, 2011 6:54 AM
Another way to look at is..... "You can give a man a fish, he can eat for a day.... If you teach him how to fish, he can eat for a lifetime....."





P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq


Re: ecotec histogram config
Monday, December 26, 2011 7:11 AM
QWK LN2 (P&P Tuning) wrote:

Another way to look at is..... "You can give a man a fish, he can eat for a day.... If you teach him how to fish, he can eat for a lifetime....."



A lifes teaching.



FU Tuning



Re: ecotec histogram config
Wednesday, December 28, 2011 2:09 PM
Leafy, I know that some people think that you can tune with a narrowband, and gm tried to hold onto this for a long time before going to an afr sensor, for all intensive purposes on this forum, a wideband should be used.



Re: ecotec histogram config
Wednesday, December 28, 2011 2:25 PM
jason norwood wrote:

Leafy, I know that some people think that you can tune with a narrowband, and gm tried to hold onto this for a long time before going to an afr sensor, for all intensive purposes on this forum, a wideband should be used.


Best watch it talking against the word of God like that.



FU Tuning



Re: ecotec histogram config
Wednesday, December 28, 2011 9:15 PM
jason norwood wrote:

Leafy, I know that some people think that you can tune with a narrowband, and gm tried to hold onto this for a long time before going to an afr sensor, for all intensive purposes on this forum, a wideband should be used.


I still fail to see how a wideband is better at tuning cruise and idle than a narrowband. The narrowband is more accurate, has a faster response rate, and is perfectly calibrated into the pcm unlike practically everyone's wideband installs. Of course it cant do @!#$ when you're not at lambda 1, thats what the wideband is for.


1994 Saturn SL2 Home Coming Edition: backup car
2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport Coupe: In a Junk Yard
1995 Mazda Miata R-package Class=STR
Sponsored by: Kronos Performance

WPI Class of '12 Mechanical Engineering
WPI SAE Risk and Sustainability Management Officer
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

 

Start New Topic Advanced Search