remove my security with hp tuners - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
remove my security with hp tuners
Wednesday, January 25, 2012 6:15 PM
Is there anybody on here who has access to hp tuners that would be willing to remove the security system on my 2003 cavalier ecotec computer? I have the engine in a baja bug. I would be mailing it to you and hopefully since this is a jbody forum, somebody would have the ability to plug it into their wiring harness and do the necessary tuning.
Thanks,
Andrew

Re: remove my security with hp tuners
Wednesday, January 25, 2012 6:42 PM
Not only would you need the ecu, you would need 100 bucks to register the ecu, and you would need the vin number to whatever it was in, not so sure you will find someone that will plug it into their car, why not do a theft disable the old way??

Wednesday, January 25, 2012 7:05 PM
Its cheaper to send it to EFI Harnesses. I think they charge like 60 bucks for theft disable.

1994 Saturn SL2 Home Coming Edition: backup car
2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport Coupe: In a Junk Yard
1995 Mazda Miata R-package Class=STR
Sponsored by: Kronos Performance

WPI Class of '12 Mechanical Engineering
WPI SAE Risk and Sustainability Management Officer
Wednesday, January 25, 2012 8:18 PM
I was told that it could only be disabled in the ecu. I was told that this car has passlock 3 which is not bypassable with a module like passlock 1 and 2. I have the vin of the car and 100 bucks. Is there a different way to bypass the security system?
Thursday, January 26, 2012 11:32 AM
jason norwood wrote:Not only would you need the ecu, you would need 100 bucks to register the ecu, and you would need the vin number to whatever it was in, not so sure you will find someone that will plug it into their car, why not do a theft disable the old way??

Why would you need the Vin? I have plugged in a spare ECU in my car before, licensed it and disabled vats with no issues. Once you pull the tune off the ECU it tells you the vin number in the calibration details as well.

Save your money. It might be worth something someday.

Thursday, January 26, 2012 8:01 PM
Ya forgot about that, no bcm though huh?? Think you could do it without his bcm??

Friday, January 27, 2012 12:13 AM
As long as were are just talking about setting vats to disable in the ecu, yes. Wouldn't you just be able to plug in the ecu, read, licence, disable vats, then flash . I'm using an 04 ecu on my 05 and this is what I have done for my 1bar s/c tune.

Save your money. It might be worth something someday.

Friday, January 27, 2012 5:29 PM
Doesn't the ecu check the bcm for this? Pretty sure it does, that's why why when they swap they need the bcm, I did

Friday, January 27, 2012 5:56 PM
That only matters if you want to start the car. You can read and write the pcm with non matching VINs.

1994 Saturn SL2 Home Coming Edition: backup car
2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport Coupe: In a Junk Yard
1995 Mazda Miata R-package Class=STR
Sponsored by: Kronos Performance

WPI Class of '12 Mechanical Engineering
WPI SAE Risk and Sustainability Management Officer
Saturday, January 28, 2012 9:41 AM
I was thinking that after the gm vats is disabled then i would be able to remove the bcm. After vats is disabled then the ecm shouldn't need the serial data from the bcm to run. Is this true?
Sunday, January 29, 2012 11:45 AM
Andrew,

I guess this would be a possibility as you are not sung the BCM'S functions in your application. However I think that you should look into whether you need the bcm for the ECU to communicate properly.....

Sunday, January 29, 2012 2:45 PM
I'm thinking his idea would work. But I've never had to do anything like that so not to sure.

Sunday, January 29, 2012 7:12 PM
Agreed. I will check tomMorow at work in the sae documents for the can network for that car.

Sunday, January 29, 2012 7:44 PM
Thanks to everyone for the help. From what i have found so far, the only thing the ecm needs from the bcm in order to run is the serial data from vats. Its not as simple as tricking the ecm with one of the old bypass modules for passlock 1 or passlock 2. I heard it described by someone as the ecm is looking for a "digital word" sent from the bcm. Flash removeing vats should mean that I can get rid of the bcm. Is there another way besides hptuners to reflas the ecm? Is there anyone who would be willing to do the reflash for me?
Tuesday, February 07, 2012 12:45 PM
So you cannot remove the VATS without the BCM, correct?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search