gm reflash fastest 1/4 mile - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
gm reflash fastest 1/4 mile
Wednesday, January 11, 2012 10:37 PM
like the title says, what is the fastest 1/4 miles recorded still running the gm reflash? i might have a new goal.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Wednesday, January 11, 2012 10:45 PM

Re: gm reflash fastest 1/4 mile
Thursday, January 12, 2012 1:45 AM
The fastest reflash used on an mp62 or saab? I know people have done both. Off hand california domestics and brandonson come to mind.

Thursday, January 12, 2012 5:17 AM
There was a guy..cant remember his name but on the reflash and the saab setup did a 13.2. He was the one that made me want to go with that setup originally. He was going for 12's but dont think he made it before his turbo gave up on him.

I have a slip from the previous owner of my car for 14.0 with nothing more then the charger.
Thursday, January 12, 2012 6:01 AM
Philly D that's Brandonson iirc

Thursday, January 12, 2012 9:29 AM
m62 set up would be preferable.

californiadomestics only made 14.1 he is who i bought all my stuff from. so far im at 13.93 with a 3 inch pulley

Thursday, January 12, 2012 9:34 AM
I went 13.8 @99

z28guy(KGM BEOTCH)
Thursday, January 12, 2012 5:06 PM
JUCNBST wrote:Philly D that's Brandonson iirc

No sir....or atleast not the same guy I was referring to.

http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=48&i=22823&t=22593#22823
Sunday, January 15, 2012 10:50 PM
I'll try and find brandonson's numbers when I'm home and not on my cell.

Sunday, January 29, 2012 11:59 AM
From what I have heard about the reflash I would like to see a ' gm reflash " vs. " hp tuners tuning" from people that have done both on the same set up. Most people just knock the gm reflash or the crapflash however I have never seen a thread about the pros and cons.

Monday, January 30, 2012 11:09 AM
i am gonna work on that Jason. I know that HPT will get a better time and will be a better tune. but IMO the GM flash can handle a lot!

Monday, January 30, 2012 11:21 AM
jason norwood wrote:From what I have heard about the reflash I would like to see a ' gm reflash " vs. " hp tuners tuning" from people that have done both on the same set up. Most people just knock the gm reflash or the crapflash however I have never seen a thread about the pros and cons.

Not really needed to be done. Hp tune you can lean it out and adjust spark making more power. More power means you go down the track faster. If the reflash was better or even equal I think alot of people would choose that route.

Tuesday, January 31, 2012 10:48 PM
I've run the reflash and a PnP tune. Just having Ryan remove the TQ management on my 5 speed was night and day. Once it hit the dyno and all was done I was able to spin the tires a little into 3rd and chirp 4th on the street. After seeing what a good tune can do between a factory tune and having a knowlegable tuner adjust everything for your particular car I'd never think twice about it again.

Saturday, February 04, 2012 12:26 AM
I don't even remember what my best times were in my SCed car to be honest. Truthfully whatever times I ran in the car is really not a fair judgement of what it was capable of because truth be told I suck at drag racing. I consider it to be probably one of my least favorite motorsports haha but a necessary evil non-the-less.

ASE Master Certified Automotive Technician

Sunday, February 05, 2012 12:31 PM
Hello!

2004 Cavalier
13.2@105........
Mods...
BFG Drag Radials
Saab Turbo kit
2.5 exhaust, w/cutout
Spec Stage 2+ Clutch
Sunday, February 05, 2012 1:43 PM
The reflash is a good starting point for someone doing a "bolt up" supercharger or turbocharger on a stock engine with little tuning knowledge or equipment (like a beginner). Once you open up the engine its time to go with a big boy tune. Which I think is proper because realistically Saab or GMPP style setup is MAYBE 3/5 wrenches difficult. Anyone who can turn a wrench could bolt it up, so a plug and play tune would suffice for a lot of people. Now if you have the equipment or know someone who does i would say go for a real tune in that case too. but i see no purpose in paying out hundreds for tuning an otherwise stock motor. Especially when the more power bug will more than likely get to you and you end up doing more mods that will require more tuning anyhow.... just my .02
Tuesday, February 14, 2012 10:47 AM

Jason

USACi =>146.9db
14.88 @ 90.73MPH =>GM Charger, Motor Mounts, Catback exhaust
Thursday, February 16, 2012 4:31 PM
2NVUS4U wrote:11.8

Jason

ah...ah..AH..CHOOOO!

sorry...allergic to bs....

04 Cav. 2dr. 5spd. My DD. 'Nuff said.
Saturday, February 18, 2012 12:46 PM
Lol...I do know someone should be getting mid to low
13s soon though

Jason

USACi =>146.9db
14.88 @ 90.73MPH =>GM Charger, Motor Mounts, Catback exhaust
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search