no gmpp reflash for 03 cavy? - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
no gmpp reflash for 03 cavy?
Thursday, February 23, 2012 4:43 PM
So i went to have my 03 cavy reflashed for the supercharger at my local GM dealership and they hooked up to the car and told me that the is not a reflash for my year because they didnt start the supercharger reflash until 05? Also ive been looking all over the place for local tuners and no such luck. Do you guys have any ideas for tuning or know of anyone in the western SD area. I thought about getting HPT but i have not the slightest idea of tuning. Any info will be greatly appreciated.

Re: no gmpp reflash for 03 cavy?
Thursday, February 23, 2012 5:18 PM
Well they are BS'ing you for one......

The reflash can be done on any eco from 02-05.

That being said there is a company that will do the reflash for you if you send them your ecu. There is also Trifecta and the last but best option is a reputable tuner with HPT.

This is the place that does the reflash for you: http://www.exatorq.com/StockReflashing
Thursday, February 23, 2012 5:36 PM
Yea I figured they were but decided not to argue lol. Thanks for the info though.

Friday, February 24, 2012 3:23 AM
I'd go in there and tell them off, the reflash will work on any 02-05 eco in cavy or sunfire.

Friday, February 24, 2012 5:27 AM
I'm sure they did it out of shear stupidity, and had no malicious intent...

Friday, February 24, 2012 6:51 AM
I got the GMPP flashed for my 2004 by exatorq.com. Brian over there gave me the hook up. I just bought a used ecm on ebay and had it shipped there. He had it shipped back to me in a couple days. Guy knows his stuff.
Saturday, February 25, 2012 7:54 PM
trifecta usesthe reflash bht modifies it... it runs stable smooth air fuels on my turbo settup till the turbo overspins then
Sunday, February 26, 2012 8:46 AM
Mr Newb wrote:I got the GMPP flashed for my 2004 by exatorq.com. Brian over there gave me the hook up. I just bought a used ecm on ebay and had it shipped there. He had it shipped back to me in a couple days. Guy knows his stuff.

Does the flash done by exatorq.com lock the ecu?
Sunday, February 26, 2012 6:20 PM
I was told it does not lock the ecu. Its the stock gmpp tune though.
Monday, February 27, 2012 5:01 AM
It might be worth it for someone to send a used stock flashed ecu out to them, get the S/C Flash on it and check if it is indeed locked with Hp Tuners (that I don't have... yet), so someone do this.

Monday, February 27, 2012 5:51 AM
I'd put my money on it being locked. All they are doing is flashing the gm program, it's not like the dealer decides to lock it or not.....otherwise we'd have an unlocked one floating around in the hands of Ryan, Jon and the like.

Monday, February 27, 2012 10:52 AM
From what I gather all tunes are "locked" HP tuners just hacks them so you can modify them. The GMPP is locked for HP because they never tried to hack it. He did say he could modify some stuff for me on it, but I told him to leave it stock for now. If someone wants to shoot him an email he can respond with more info. He replies pretty quick.
Monday, February 27, 2012 10:58 AM
Trifecta, Vince did mines and i had no problems

Mods: Synapse Charge Piping, Short Throw, Bad-Mab Dp, Dejon Intake, BYT Tuned!
Parts For SALE! Pacesetter Header(ECO),17'in Resonator, Alternator, Starter, Viper Alarm.
Saturday, March 03, 2012 5:42 PM
blackbirdracing wrote:I'm sure they did it out of shear stupidity, and had no malicious intent...

More of a reason not to go there
Saturday, March 17, 2012 6:01 PM
Clemente Gallo wrote:
blackbirdracing wrote:I'm sure they did it out of shear stupidity, and had no malicious intent...

More of a reason not to go there

Lol quite true.
Tuesday, March 20, 2012 8:43 AM
this may sound stupid, but what if you didnt tell them what it was from and just brought your ECU to the dealership? can you have it flashed without it being in the car? or if they do ask, just tell them its an 05.

i have a 2002 cavalier ECU from a friends car with a GM reflash on it sitting in my stock ECUs location (i have a 2004) until i can get it tuned tonight or tomorrow. It runs, and allows me to get it from A to B with the blower on it. So if his 02 could be reflashed, yours can.

04 Cav. 2dr. 5spd. My DD. 'Nuff said.
Tuesday, March 20, 2012 8:54 AM
The ECM has the vin encoded in the program. The vin contains a year code....

Wednesday, March 21, 2012 5:44 PM
I emailed the guy at exatorq and he said that he was unsure if the flash they do locks the ECU or not. I plan on getting a ECU flashed by them to run temporarily until I get my car HP tuned. So at that point I can look into to see if it locks it or not.

Dave

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search