what size injectors? - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
what size injectors?
Saturday, March 24, 2012 9:13 PM
One of the last items I need to buy for my car is injectors.

My goal is around 275-300whp.

What size injectors would work for my goals. I don't plan go any further than that so I'm not worried about having more injector than I need. I want to make sure the car can be tuned properly for reliable mannered daily driving.

I'm running a t04b 57 trim with a stage 3 wheel so I should be able to hit my goal power wise. Also running a 255 alpha fuel pump and an aeromotive adjustable fuel pressure regulator.

Tuning will be done via speed density and hpt.

I have all the needed supporting mods just need to make sure I can supply the proper fuel.

Thanks for the help

"Oil Leak ? What oil Leak ? Oh, Thats Just The Sweat From All The HorsePower!!"

Re: what size injectors?
Sunday, March 25, 2012 12:33 AM
Siemens Deka 60#/hr injectors is what I would recommend.

Currently #4 in Ecotec Forced Induction horsepower ratings. 505.8 WHP 414WTQ!!!
Currently 3rd quickest Ecotec on the .org - 10.949 @ 131.50 MPH!!!

Sunday, March 25, 2012 5:44 AM
42.5#ers. I put 323/285 down with my 42.5# or 440cc's injectors. If I recall they were not maxed out either.

Sunday, March 25, 2012 7:34 AM
Cobalt stage 2 are 42.t# correct? I was wondering.f if they would be enough. My next thought was 60# injectors.

Sunday, March 25, 2012 5:05 PM
Stage 2 cobalts would get it done with the pump upgrade. I made 249whp with a blower 42.5/lber's and a racetronix pump. Only saw mid 30% duty cycles to boot so I had room to grow too. I'd pick up anything from 40-60 lb/hr so whatever you get the best deal on.

Tuesday, April 03, 2012 8:12 AM
I decided to go a little larger than originally thought I would need. There is always the possibility of upping the boost or changing the turbo even though I dont want to right now.

I picked up a set of RC 750cc injectors.

Tuesday, April 03, 2012 3:36 PM
Those might prove tough to tune down once you get them flowing... i would have started lower and then sold and upgraded up when the time came to keep more driveability.

Tuesday, April 03, 2012 4:18 PM
I am still on the lookout for some stage 2s. If I can find a set around the $100-150 range ill probably start with those.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search