need some guidance eco w/ 2001 2.4 reflash - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
need some guidance eco w/ 2001 2.4 reflash
Tuesday, April 17, 2012 10:09 AM
Hey guys, ive had my eco on the gm reflash for a long ime, so long i have started to hate even driving the car. So i bought me a Hptuners pro and wideband and will soon have both in my possesion. My intent is to run the eco off the 2.4 reflash as i have seen done here. so my question is

Does anyone have a copy of the stock gm Reflash for a 5-speed for a 2.4 2000-2002
ive read about a tune repository for hptuners but have yet to locate it.

on a side note, i have 2 pcms out of 2001 cavaliers, both 2.2 , can i program and test them before putting them in the car?
i wanna make sure they are usuable before swapping the wiring.

i have the complete harness headlight to taillight out of a 2.4 and have a 75% complete harness out of a 04 ecotec

any tips or hints?

Re: need some guidance eco w/ 2001 2.4 reflash
Wednesday, April 18, 2012 6:21 AM
I really should load some files I have on the Repository.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Wednesday, April 18, 2012 9:18 AM
Snowman wrote:
on a side note, i have 2 pcms out of 2001 cavaliers, both 2.2 , can i program and test them before putting them in the car?

any tips or hints?

You can't flash an ecu with HPtuners unless it is hooked into the wiring and OBDII port. I doubt both of your ecu's will be bad, unless you have terrible luck.

My advice is make sure you have the day off if you haven't done a harness swap before, especially since you will need to switch connectors on the harness and such. I did a swap harness swap on my 96 and it took forever getting the old harness out just because I was clueless as to what I was doing.

Wednesday, April 18, 2012 9:30 AM
Just need to make a quick bench harness to program off car.

An extra OBD2 DLC and an old PC power supply or 12v battery will work.

http://www.weatherallsautomotive.com http://www.planethax.com/j-body
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search