tuning? - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
tuning?
Sunday, May 22, 2005 6:19 PM
Alright I couldn't find anything on the search. I have a '97 2.4 5-speed. We'll here's the thing, there aren't any places around where I live, that I know of, that has the software to tune a Cavalier. (I live 2hrs east of Memphis, TN).. I'm planning on running a T3/T4 turbo, 440cc green top injectors, Intercooler, 255lph fuel pump, Accel FPR, Vortech FMU, and I know theres things I've forgotten. And later on I'm wanting to put in some internals also. Are there any other ways I can get my car tuned?

Re: tuning?
Sunday, May 22, 2005 8:52 PM
well no place will have the software to tune your car because the ECUs are non-chippable. go with Greddy E-manage.

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Sunday, May 22, 2005 10:34 PM
Will that tune it just as good?
Monday, May 23, 2005 7:09 AM
e-manage is a standalone design with the affordability and "simplicity" of a piggyback. go to greddy.com for more information. it'll end up costing you around $800 for the unit, all the harnesses and software. talk to your shop about it. you'll need dyno time to have the car tuned.

Monday, May 23, 2005 9:00 PM
Will they be able to hook there stuff up to it?
Monday, May 23, 2005 9:37 PM
Steven Kelly wrote:Will they be able to hook there stuff up to it?

if your shop has a dyno then i would be willing to bet they have a laptop computer.

Monday, May 23, 2005 11:44 PM
Now is the sarcasm really necessary.. and yes I know I asked a stupid question, I realized that after I posted it.. thanks man.
Tuesday, May 24, 2005 10:55 AM
check out jbodyperformance.com they now offer reflashes that are calibrated for your application whether it be boosted, nitrous, cams, etc... the e-manage is a great system if you know what you are doing with it, but just as any other type of tuning system it requires knowledge with it, and practice with much time. good luck
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search