2,4 s/d sc ve tuning - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2,4 s/d sc ve tuning
Saturday, June 16, 2012 6:41 PM
I've been trying to get my ve tables cleaned up. I had to keep taking more fuel away from the inj con because i couldn't take any more from some blocks. Now I can't get the idle right. For some reason either its super rich or super lean. The other issue is if I start it after it sits awhile I get one set of readings, then shut the car off and start it again I get a totally different set of readings. Is there anything I'm missing in one of the tables for that. Right now I'm just messing with low ve tables, should I clean up idle tables first?

Re: 2,4 s/d sc ve tuning
Saturday, June 16, 2012 6:45 PM
More info.

What injectors, fuel system. Etc..

FU Tuning

Saturday, June 16, 2012 6:55 PM
Stock fuel pump and req, 36lb injectors, 2.6 pulley, 97 s/d computer, md lightweight pulleys. I just put a new wide band sensor in and it gets the same readings.
Saturday, June 16, 2012 9:03 PM
what is your injector constant, VE offset?

FU Tuning

Sunday, June 17, 2012 6:18 AM
inj con 0.22538 ve offset 10%. I'm running a 2 bar, and it's in open loop. When I use the inj con formula its really rich, is my fuel press reg going bad? Another thing usually a tune doesn't completely take affect till after two or three days of driving.
Sunday, June 17, 2012 7:00 AM
Spook 427 wrote:inj con 0.22538 ve offset 10%. I'm running a 2 bar, and it's in open loop. When I use the inj con formula its really rich, is my fuel press reg going bad? Another thing usually a tune doesn't completely take affect till after two or three days of driving.

What injector constant did you come up with when you did the formula?

I pulled one of my SD files and the stock constant was .20014. Is that what your was?

with that the new constant should be somewhere around .15000 (I always forget if our stock injectors are 27lb, or 24lb). if it is 27lb then .15000, 24lb then .13000.

I have found that at times our ECU's can take a little time to take the tun (never a day or days). Usually like a few minutes, or a mile of driving.

I have a process that I use that seems to help. After flashing the new tune, I turn the key off for about 2-3 seconds, then key back on until after fuel pump shuts off. Then key off for 30 seconds to a minute. Then good to go.

I have also found (more so with Ecotec ECU's) that sitting in the driveway and just playing with the idle files that the ecu will take the first couple changes, and then almost stop. So usually I limit myself to 3 changes before driving the car, then come back to the idling stuff.

FU Tuning

Sunday, June 17, 2012 8:49 AM
Your right, I was using the 0.20250 in my formula. I am kinda faking a 2 bar. I kept getting alot of knock with a 1 bar timing, so I am using a sc tune timing table with a 2bar. So basically I matched it to the sc tune except for the ve tables. I'm really close to just taking a 6 hour trip to St Louis, and have Ryan tune it.
Sunday, June 17, 2012 9:52 AM
Ryan is the best choice.

Try a correct constant and see how it does.

FU Tuning

Sunday, June 17, 2012 5:19 PM
I was using the log to change the idle and low ve tables at the same time. Is it that the idle table only comes into play with less than 2 mph? So would I log that by just sitting there and revving it to 1600 rpm?
Sunday, June 17, 2012 5:32 PM
Spook 427 wrote:I was using the log to change the idle and low ve tables at the same time. Is it that the idle table only comes into play with less than 2 mph? So would I log that by just sitting there and revving it to 1600 rpm?

Exactly at what point the idle table takes over I do not know.

If your going to use one log to work on both, then start out parked with car at temperature and let idle for a minute, then go drive around, come back and park and let it idle for another minute then stop the scanner and use that log.

I would not do any ve changes off a log that you simply were sitting still and reving.

FU Tuning

Wednesday, June 20, 2012 5:27 PM
I reloaded that first tune, and I used your method after the flash. I got it pretty close. Can the method you use after the flash mess with the tune?

Wednesday, June 20, 2012 5:40 PM
Spook 427 wrote:I reloaded that first tune, and I used your method after the flash. I got it pretty close. Can the method you use after the flash mess with the tune?

What do you mean mess with the flash?

Change it?

No.

FU Tuning

Sunday, July 29, 2012 7:30 PM
I think I found my problem. I'm using my LC-1 to simulate my narrow band, and when I try to hit all my cell in logging my idle goes from super lean to super rich. I read on-line the lc-1 does like heat or water and mine is mounted on my fire wall. I plan on getting the mtx-l and hope this works alot better
Monday, July 30, 2012 4:05 AM
Spook 427 wrote:I think I found my problem. I'm using my LC-1 to simulate my narrow band, and when I try to hit all my cell in logging my idle goes from super lean to super rich. I read on-line the lc-1 does like heat or water and mine is mounted on my fire wall. I plan on getting the mtx-l and hope this works alot better

I have a LC-1, but I do not use it for my narrow band. I'm just running a bosch heated 02.

The MTX is a very nice unit and I plan to get one and mount in my car.

FU Tuning

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search