MSD DIS-2 Programmable questions.... - Page 2 - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: MSD DIS-2 Programmable questions....
Thursday, August 23, 2012 11:04 PM
-Z Yaaaa- wrote:2 step on an auto? lol

i also have an actual quad 4 msd box thats basically a 1 of 2 ever made i could try too. its just a "dipswitch" version as you so elequently put it, chris.

i also have a team green MSD coil conversion so ive got all the toys i just need to put them into practice.

2 step on an auto with a stall torque converter works great, especially when a trans brake can be done, i'll have vid of such combo next year if things go as planned

Saturday, September 08, 2012 10:57 AM
not on an auto j-body though lol

no need for a 2 step when you can just brake stand it and it doesnt move. we'll see how it works with a blower though....

I choose the technology built for land speed records... not the technology built to save on emissions and gas mileage.
Saturday, September 08, 2012 1:55 PM
-Z Yaaaa- wrote:not on an auto j-body though lol

no need for a 2 step when you can just brake stand it and it doesnt move. we'll see how it works with a blower though....

my buddy use to use the two step on his auto LD9. If your covertor will hold higher than you want to launch at , then the two step will be helpful, but I do think it will only go so low. Like 2700.

FU Tuning

Saturday, September 08, 2012 9:24 PM
i really dont understand....why have intermittent power when the converter will hold the car with you standing on the pedal being constant? its pointless. the converter is only gonna flash up to its certain point then its up to the brakes if they hold the car or not.

I choose the technology built for land speed records... not the technology built to save on emissions and gas mileage.
Sunday, September 09, 2012 4:58 AM
-Z Yaaaa- wrote:i really dont understand....why have intermittent power when the converter will hold the car with you standing on the pedal being constant? its pointless. the converter is only gonna flash up to its certain point then its up to the brakes if they hold the car or not.

Correct. But lets say the converter will hold 3200 (just for a example), but you want to launch at 2700 (because of traction). Then the two step would help.

Also you can over power the converter, which you will then have a slow launch. Also takes more /better brakes to hold just on the converter, than on two step.

FU Tuning

Wednesday, September 12, 2012 10:43 AM
ah ok, gotcha. like i said we'll see if mine will hold the m45... if it will then im putting the bogarts/slicks on and trying for the fastest m45 time.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search