Hptunners and CPS - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Hptunners and CPS
Wednesday, May 24, 2006 1:35 PM
well im getting alot of diff anwsers and well i dont know which is right . Im going to run HO cams on a 2.4l . do i need the cam sensor to run them ? some one told me that to run them just remove the cps code and just tune the ecm ? but ive always heard to install a magnetic pick up on the HO cam and the CPS on the cam tower. with that i dont know were to buy it or how it has to go on there. is there a specific way that it has to be installed ? thanks to anyone that tryes to help me.

Re: Hptunners and CPS
Wednesday, May 24, 2006 6:16 PM
you should keep the Cam sensor.
From the looks of it to me, the system is set up to run better with it than without. With= sequential injection, without= batch fire
But what you suggest is entirely possible if you wanted to do so.

sig not found
Wednesday, May 24, 2006 10:37 PM
Has anyone done the swap ? it seems like if theres no answer out there. has anyone had HO cams running with the CAM positioning sensor ? cmon guys.. thanks
Thursday, May 25, 2006 6:39 AM
Roy Hernandez wrote: Has anyone done the swap ? it seems like if theres no answer out there. has anyone had HO cams running with the CAM positioning sensor ? cmon guys.. thanks

What swap?....... HO Cam?, w/o Cam Sensor?, HP"fixed" for no sensor?

"has anyone had HO cams running with the CAM positioning sensor "
Yes, probably a dozen that I know of.

sig not found
Thursday, May 25, 2006 12:54 PM
if i remember right the removing of the code for the cam sensor through the software wont pass some emissions tests correct?

Sven you totally quarterloafed your computer..
Thursday, May 25, 2006 12:55 PM
No, it'll still pass, as long as the readiness tests pass, and you don't have a CEL, then you'll pass emissions.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Thursday, May 25, 2006 1:03 PM
yeah i meant to say the HO swap with .410 lift. I dont really care if it passes emitions or not. i just need it to run properly . how is it that the pre 95 dont use this ?
Thursday, May 25, 2006 1:28 PM
they use batch fire

Sven you totally quarterloafed your computer..
Thursday, May 25, 2006 7:46 PM
Jrobz23 wrote:they use batch fire

yep....

do a google search of Sequential Fuel Injection, and Multiport Fuel Injection (I think thats what you call Batch Fire..... ?)

I believe the reason for the SFI is:
  • Better gas milage
  • Cleaner Running (better emissions)
  • More Controled Performance

If I had another car to mess with, I'd give running the HO cams w/o the sensor a shot..... just to see how well it ran. (with the HPT of course)

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Thursday, August 09, 2012 6:02 AM
Is there anyone who can mod/ knows of a shop who can mod the intake cam and tower to run the CPS? I've decided against running without it.

Thursday, August 09, 2012 7:24 AM
Shoot Zyaaa a message iirc he might know some place.

Thursday, August 09, 2012 8:59 AM
I can do that.. PM if interested looks like we are not too far apart either...

Thursday, August 09, 2012 3:09 PM
I have been meaning to disconnect my cam sensor and tune my car without to prove it.

People have done it. One person was having some issues that they thought was because of it, but I think more to the tuning.

FU Tuning

Monday, August 13, 2012 9:25 AM
I'm just trying to make tuning less of a headache, by making the process of figuring out fueling a little bit easier on myself since i've decided to give HPT a try and tune my car myself. I feel like it's something anyone who plays with cars should probably know.

Thursday, August 23, 2012 11:08 PM
dont need the cps pad to tune and have it run fine. 548whp.493wtq here and not a complaint

Tuesday, September 18, 2012 2:12 PM
Yeah. it (the cps) is not used above 1850 RPM (IIRC)

Chris

'02 Z-24 Supercharged
13.7 @102.45 MPH Third Place, 2007 GMSC Bash SOLD AS OF 01MAR08

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search