GM REFLASH - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
GM REFLASH
Thursday, August 30, 2012 12:33 PM
I am not exactly sure how far anyone has gone in trying to figure this out, but I did a bit of playing with my torque app last night, and I can read COMMANDED AFR with it. I thought cool I'll try it. Well just cruising, highway speeds everything normal, it commands 14.6.

The first test was done starting once in 3rd, 4th, and 5th gear, and I was only paying attention to the commanded AFR on my Torque APP. I slowly sped up to about 100 and right after I passed 3000 RPM, it dropped to 11.7. Then is slowly started getting richer the faster I went. Until it was about 10.8 at 100 MPH. Awesome PE mode kicks in fine.

Then I did the same test but paid attention to my wideband. FYI, this was without a intercooler, and it was about 100 degrees out, so in all actuality, everything would probably be .1 to .3 leaner with a working IC pump.

In 3rd I started at 30 MPH, once it hit PE mode, the wideband went to 11.8, then slowly got richer the faster I went until it was at 11.2 at 100 MPH.
In 4th I started at 40 MPH, once it hit PE mode, the wideband went to 11.8, then slowly got richer the faster I went until it was at 11.3 at 100 MPH.
In 5th I started at 55 MPH, once it hit PE mode, the wideband went to 11.8, then slowly got richer the faster I went until it was at 11.2 at 100 MPH.

I did the next test in 3rd gear, and then in 4th gear. From a cruise of about 45 MPH, floored is and instant 10.6 commanded. In 3rd gear, my wide band was reading 11.1, til 100 MPH, and in 4th gear it was reading 11.2 til 100 MPH. And the readings didnt try to go down to the 10.6, the wideband stayed right on each 11+ AFR until I let out of it.

So to me this is good news. It means that even though the reflash is commading things, we can manipulate it with our other mods, like an AFPR, or a smaller pulley, or a ported blower.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Thursday, August 30, 2012 12:40 PM

Re: GM REFLASH
Friday, August 31, 2012 5:42 AM
Good set of tests you did there Chris. The torque app is sick, I love it!

Friday, August 31, 2012 11:50 AM
Could have saved yourself some gas and just asked me and I would have told you the same thing haha

ASE Master Certified Automotive Technician

Friday, August 31, 2012 12:16 PM
it wouldnt have been as fun that way alan.

Monday, September 10, 2012 12:06 AM
So, the SEXY ported and polished blower is on and working fine now. I am running it currently with the 3.0 pully, and all the same mods as before. Just got back from taking it for a drive, and its a bit cooler out then the previous test, but the results are awesome. In all gears now, WOT from 50MPH, i get 11.7-12.0 AFRs I think this combo i have right now will take this GM Flash to the limits, and will be awesome while doing it.

Sunday, November 04, 2012 2:28 PM
What stage reflash do u have?
What are all your mods?
Sunday, November 04, 2012 2:44 PM
There is no "stage" reflash for us.

Its just a supercharger reflash and thats it.
Sunday, November 04, 2012 3:18 PM
Ok I havnt looked into it much. Have a trifecta tune but its bad.
Do u suggest it with 3in pulley 255lph fuel pump 60lb injectors header and full exhaust.
Sunday, November 04, 2012 3:53 PM
Tom Tom wrote:Do u suggest it with 3in pulley 255lph fuel pump 60lb injectors header and full exhaust.

What is "it"? The GM reflash? You cannot run 60lb injectors on it. You can only run the injectors that come in the kit or LSJ injectors. Both injectors are the same.

Sunday, November 04, 2012 8:02 PM
Tinkles(KGM) wrote:
Tom Tom wrote:Do u suggest it with 3in pulley 255lph fuel pump 60lb injectors header and full exhaust.

What is "it"? The GM reflash? You cannot run 60lb injectors on it. You can only run the injectors that come in the kit or LSJ injectors. Both injectors are the same.

Yes that's what I meant. And thanks for the info
Thursday, November 08, 2012 8:29 AM
Tinkles(KGM) wrote:

Just to clarify....you can not run 60lb injectors on the ECOTEC GM tune. But the LD9 GM tune is good right? Im still at 42lb injectors on my Cavys. I have "yet" to needed the 60's.

GMR has got nothing on this

Thursday, November 08, 2012 4:09 PM
DOHC_tuner wrote:
Tinkles(KGM) wrote:

Just to clarify....you can not run 60lb injectors on the ECOTEC GM tune. But the LD9 GM tune is good right? Im still at 42lb injectors on my Cavys. I have "yet" to needed the 60's.

Not without modifying it with HPT for the larger injectors.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search