Hpt programs - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Hpt programs
Monday, January 14, 2013 3:54 PM
I got hpt pro for Christmas. I know I have to read the cars stock parameters. I was wondering if any anyone had any programs or table that I can input into hpt to tune my car with. I have a 99z 2.4l ld9 motor. I have the secret cam swap, 9:1 forged pistons eagle rods 1mm oversized valves. Head has been ported and polished an milled to .001". Also the black has been milled to .001" crank journals inline within .001" and the whole rotating assembly has been balanced. I have a wideband o2 60lb injectors racetronic fuel pump. I plan on running at least 8lbs of boost maybe 15 max with the turbo setup I have.

Re: Hpt programs
Monday, January 14, 2013 4:15 PM
Not many people are gonna give tunes away, I would recommend looking on he tuners site for a tune

Monday, January 21, 2013 2:59 PM
your only bet is to look in the repository on hptuners website.

or contact one of the big tuner guys, but you will be ppaying for what you get.

or just start reading the fact, thats what will help the most and read, ive been looking into hptuners for a year and am still just a begginer, you wont ever learn it all.

and there isnt a quick fix tune.

and every car is different, so dont just load another file in your car, they are really so you can compare.
Friday, January 25, 2013 10:34 PM
if you have HPT pro, there are some things that need to be done before you start plugging numbers. first, do homework......a lot of homework. install a good wideband AFR gauge to log on the EIO. when you are comfortable with what what you have learned and HPT, rent some dyno time and have at it. there is more to it than just fudging numbers.

there are all kinds of books about tuning and engine performance in general. if you are tuning a turbo, you might want to get some forced induction specific material too.

Sunday, January 27, 2013 8:27 AM
For the price you pay for HPTuners and what it will take in time and money (Wideband, dynotime) your best bet would be to just have a tuner with HPT do it for you/ with you on the spot. Might cost a little less.

--------------------------My Garage History--------------------------
95 Ford Probe SE (5-Spd) (Junked)
96 Saturn SW2 (Auto) (Til I Rolled it)
97 Dodge Avenger v6 (Auto) <3 (Til a senior citizen T-Boned it.)
08 Kawasaki Ninja 250 (6-Speed) (Sold)
82 Yamaha Maxim 400 (5-Speed) (Sold)
95 Chevy Cavalier 2.2 Coupe (5-Spd) (Traded it for current car)
---Currently Owned---
11 Yamaha V-Star 650 Custom (5-Speed)
03 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport Coupe 2.2 Ecotec (5-Spd)
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search