**How To: HP Tuners** - Page 3 - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: **How To: HP Tuners**
Thursday, February 23, 2012 10:51 AM
IMO Editor (how to) is the easy part. Setup the Scanner to match perfect with the parameters in Editor for your Vehicule it's the most difficult part.

Here is my Injector Const. Calculator. You just have to take your Fuel Rail Pressure and it's more accurate than the formula : (old flow/new flow) * Old Constant.

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37279

Boost Lover

Saturday, February 25, 2012 10:39 AM
Seems like a lot of useful info just got posted but I have no idea how to analyze it LOL!

I got more research to do. Keep it up! Oh and I just got my refund so Im ordering hptuners pro today!

GMR has got nothing on this
Thursday, April 05, 2012 7:37 PM
I cant seem to find the IPW Multiplier vs. MAP table.

I look in the fuel tab and under the general tab...where the injector constant is....

Thursday, April 05, 2012 7:38 PM
What year/engine/model?

1994 Saturn SL2 Home Coming Edition: backup car
2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport Coupe: In a Junk Yard
1995 Mazda Miata R-package Class=STR
Sponsored by: Kronos Performance

WPI Class of '12 Mechanical Engineering
WPI SAE Risk and Sustainability Management Officer
Thursday, April 05, 2012 7:44 PM
2002 Z24 with GM Speed density flash

Friday, April 06, 2012 6:59 PM
DOHC_tuner wrote:I cant seem to find the IPW Multiplier vs. MAP table.

I look in the fuel tab and under the general tab...where the injector constant is....
email the file... I'm interested in seeing it. pnptuning@gmail.com

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Friday, April 06, 2012 7:35 PM
Email sent but again I have a feeling it has to do with my version of HPTUNERs

Friday, April 06, 2012 7:35 PM
QWK LN2 (P&P Tuning) wrote:
DOHC_tuner wrote:I cant seem to find the IPW Multiplier vs. MAP table.

email the file... I'm interested in seeing it. pnptuning@gmail.com

He sent it to me and the table is there.

FU Tuning

Friday, April 06, 2012 7:49 PM
Here is what I see, I already made a thread on the hptuners forum but no response yet. I will try and email them. I tried emailing Bill but he does not accept emails. Im worried what if Im missing other tables

Friday, April 06, 2012 7:52 PM
we're idiots, Put the view in advanced mode or whatever the highest level is. I think you're in beginner.

1994 Saturn SL2 Home Coming Edition: backup car
2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport Coupe: In a Junk Yard
1995 Mazda Miata R-package Class=STR
Sponsored by: Kronos Performance

WPI Class of '12 Mechanical Engineering
WPI SAE Risk and Sustainability Management Officer
Friday, April 06, 2012 9:00 PM
Lol that makes sense

Friday, April 06, 2012 9:57 PM
Leafy wrote:we're idiots, Put the view in advanced mode or whatever the highest level is. I think you're in beginner.
Leafy is correct... Go to EDIT, and change it from BASIC to ADVANCED... This will solve your issue..

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Saturday, April 07, 2012 8:05 AM
Awesome thanks. Quick qustion about the torque manangment removal.

I was reading over on hptuners forum and found this...do we also need to make changes as listed below or just under Spark retard vs torque reduction?

Engine - Torque management - General - ETC Limits
ETC TPS Max = set ALL to 100

Engine - Torque management - General - Spark Retard
vs. Torque Reduction = set ALL to 0

Transmission - Torque management - Abuse Mode
Torque Reduction = set ALL to 0
Reduction Duration = set ALL to 0

Transmission - Torque management - Torque Reduction
Normal = set ALL to 0
Performance = set ALL to 0
Downshift = set ALL to 0

Saturday, April 07, 2012 11:44 AM
QWK LN2 (P&P Tuning) wrote:
Leafy wrote:we're idiots, Put the view in advanced mode or whatever the highest level is. I think you're in beginner.
Leafy is correct... Go to EDIT, and change it from BASIC to ADVANCED... This will solve your issue..

I always forget about this because I have always been on advanced. lol

FU Tuning

Sunday, April 08, 2012 8:34 PM
So anyone know if torque management requires more as stated earlier?

Tuesday, April 10, 2012 3:31 PM
BUMP???

Tuesday, April 10, 2012 4:21 PM
DOHC_tuner wrote:Awesome thanks. Quick qustion about the torque manangment removal.

I was reading over on hptuners forum and found this...do we also need to make changes as listed below or just under Spark retard vs torque reduction?

Engine - Torque management - General - ETC Limits
ETC TPS Max = set ALL to 100

Engine - Torque management - General - Spark Retard
vs. Torque Reduction = set ALL to 0

Transmission - Torque management - Abuse Mode
Torque Reduction = set ALL to 0
Reduction Duration = set ALL to 0

Transmission - Torque management - Torque Reduction
Normal = set ALL to 0
Performance = set ALL to 0s
Downshift = set ALL to 0
90% of the cars I tune are manuals..... WIth that being said, if the trans is not built, I usually don't mess with the TRQ Management tables in the transmission. This usually results in people having an absolute blast, for a few hours or days before the trans fails... If your going to modify them, I would take no more than 15-25% out....

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Tuesday, April 10, 2012 4:31 PM
Okay thanks for that info

Friday, May 11, 2012 8:27 AM
This should be a STICKY !!!!!
Friday, March 08, 2013 6:50 AM
Just wanted to bump this because it's not only extremely helpful, but an interesting read Maybe we can save someone starting a new thread just by it being back on page 1

Friday, March 08, 2013 5:12 PM
Would love some more info about ho you come up with the ve offset numbers and actual fueling numbers

Monday, March 25, 2013 9:34 PM
so as a recap...Im confused from hearing other things in other forums/threads.
with my 04 ECU (currently Trifecta tuned), can I be tuned with HPT properly if its a decent tuner? I also have a spare 05 ECU (unmolested)
Really trying not to have to do an ECU/harness swap if possible. Even if I have to drive to someone, it'd be worth getting a good tune and be able to actually put in my cams and meth that have an inch of dust on them from sitting waiting for a good option! (okay so they're in boxes/wrapping, but dust figuratively)

04 Cav. 2dr. 5spd. My DD. 'Nuff said.
Wednesday, April 10, 2013 1:03 PM
Your ECU is more than likely locked....thus not allowing hptuners to edit any tables.

Trifecta locks the ECU after flashing a tune. I recently had to get a new ECU installed in my Cobalt. Only way i was able to use the read function of hptuners.....you can scan all day with hptuners but to read the ecu it needs to be unlocked. Only way to make changes on the ecu is to read the ecu.

Just do it Derrick! Trust me you wont regret it!

Thursday, April 11, 2013 1:25 PM
lol Raf, as i stated in my post i have a spare ECU, unmolested from an 05 5spd. for that purpose alone.
ive read in a few other places that the LD9 swap isnt necessarily a positive trade off. but im still pretty ignorant when it comes to HPT. So im just trying to gauge what Im going to do since im about to pull the trigger and just become a Trifecta dealer so Southern Texas actually has someone willing to do anything and help others in the community. And most importantly, i can be in direct contact with those doing my tunes and not have to rely on anyone (lazy middlemen). i can literally put in a part, datalog, send the file off, and have it tweaked without leaving the house. there are a rare few willing to help and its appreciated, but its not convenient when its long distance and scheduling just never works out.

trust me, id much rather go with a system like HPT that can have a live tuner IN my car doing street and dyno tunes..but the LD9 swap may not be necessary, this is what im trying to find out. Plus having both ECUs, while the HPT tuner is helping me i can swap the Trifecta tune back in to where i know its at least drivable and will be able to be used for commuting. Then swap back as the tuner does their thing every time. The main thing is if i do, can i actually get my car to someone to do it right and will follow through with a commitment to others? commitment seems to be an issue around here.

04 Cav. 2dr. 5spd. My DD. 'Nuff said.
Saturday, April 20, 2013 7:37 AM
Well with all the research ive read is tuning alpha-n with boost is not a smart way to get a dialed in tune. Its diffulcult and the tune will be inconsistant.

I understand Ben is on the path to learn hptuners and tune alpha-n with boost with his Eco Cavy. But again with all the reading i have done it doesnt seem to be a well viable solutiion.

Considering Bill from Hptuners was willing to help Ben tune his car via tuning by RPM.....im assuming BIll knows there is a way to get the tune drivable. Same thing with Trifecta. I have heard Trifecta has access to more tables than hptuners on an alpha-n operting system. Thus allowing a better tune.

So if you do buy the red cable/trifecta cable, then im sure you will have a better time getting tuned. Make sure you have a wideband!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search