turboed 2200ln2 need tune now!!! - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
turboed 2200ln2 need tune now!!!
Monday, August 05, 2013 9:16 PM
ok im wanting to get into tuning my self if I take it to a shop they want to charge 350$ id rather buy the software my self for that?? I dnt know what software or what to buy everyone says hptuners how does it work where do I get it and any videos or someone that could walk me through what to do?

Re: turboed 2200ln2 need tune now!!!
Tuesday, August 06, 2013 4:13 AM
$350 is cheap for a tune.

Software is around $550-$750

If you have no clue what your doing tuning then you have a long learning curve. Pay the money.

FU Tuning

Tuesday, August 06, 2013 4:25 AM
Addicted to meth wrote:$350 is cheap for a tune.

Software is around $550-$750

If you have no clue what your doing tuning then you have a long learning curve. Pay the money.

100% agreed. The real question, though, is if the shop has ever tuned a J body before. If they haven't, walk away.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Tuesday, August 06, 2013 5:06 AM
OMG this kid again?
Wednesday, August 07, 2013 5:37 PM
If you managed to find this Tuning section, and still have questions about HPTuners, pay the money and have it done.

Thursday, August 08, 2013 10:25 AM
I didn't no the software was 600+ haa I just wanted to be able to do it my self but thinks guess itll be the 350 haha
Friday, August 09, 2013 8:51 AM
$350 is dirt cheap, especially if that's on a dyno.

If they plan to spend a few hours working out low speed off-throttle driveability as well as tip-in and then put it on a dyno and tune it for wot all for $350 and do it right then not only are they losing a ton of $$ for their time but they are completely crazy.

$350 barely pays for the dyno time necessary to do a WOT tune - let alone the rest.

Let's not mention the 2200 has no clue that boost exists since it's running on a 1 bar map sensor and the non-linear nature of a turbo means this tune will be even harder than a normal one. I wonder if they assume you have a MAF sensor rather than a MAP sensor.

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Slowly but surely may some day win this race...
Friday, August 09, 2013 8:57 AM
SweetnessGT wrote:I wonder if they assume you have a MAF sensor rather than a MAP sensor.

That's my guess. They probably don't deal with too many j bodies and have no idea what they're getting themselves into.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Friday, August 09, 2013 10:14 AM
SweetnessGT wrote:$350 is dirt cheap, especially if that's on a dyno.

If they plan to spend a few hours working out low speed off-throttle driveability as well as tip-in and then put it on a dyno and tune it for wot all for $350 and do it right then not only are they losing a ton of $$ for their time but they are completely crazy.

$350 barely pays for the dyno time necessary to do a WOT tune - let alone the rest.

Let's not mention the 2200 has no clue that boost exists since it's running on a 1 bar map sensor and the non-linear nature of a turbo means this tune will be even harder than a normal one. I wonder if they assume you have a MAF sensor rather than a MAP sensor.

-Chris-

As right as your are, map sensor isn't the issue, but the factor ECU doesn't use map for fueling.

FU Tuning

Wednesday, August 14, 2013 8:36 AM
Addicted to meth wrote:
SweetnessGT wrote:$350 is dirt cheap, especially if that's on a dyno.

-Chris-

As right as your are, map sensor isn't the issue, but the factor ECU doesn't use map for fueling.

Ah yes, you're right John.

The 1 bar map sensor will hold them back but beyond that as you said the PCM doesn't even use it for fueling since it's TPS vs RPM so there is nothing you can upgrade to tell the computer there's boost. I keep forgetting that, I've gotten so used to the wonderful PCM that GM made for the M45 LD9's... lol.

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Wednesday, August 14, 2013 9:58 AM
SweetnessGT wrote:I've gotten so used to the wonderful PCM that GM made for the M45 LD9's... lol.

Go ahead, rub it in..

"In Oldskool we trust"

Wednesday, August 14, 2013 10:33 AM
Y3llowCav wrote:
SweetnessGT wrote:I've gotten so used to the wonderful PCM that GM made for the M45 LD9's... lol.

Go ahead, rub it in..

Not rubbing it in my friend - I share your pain. Sweetness is a 1998 car which means it's also TPS vs. RPM.

I've simply had the pleasure of tuning a few GMSC cars with the upgraded PCM and it's been a treat compared to most of the Alpha-N stuff I've had to do.

With Sweetness I'm forced to go a different route, hence the AEM FIC. 40 PSIA MAP vs RPM tables here I come.

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search