Very Disappointed. - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Very Disappointed.
Sunday, February 23, 2014 12:25 PM
I had tried for the past 2weeks to get in contact with p@p Tuning about getting tuning on my 01sunfire LN2 by messaging, also post on their facebook page. none of my attempts were ever answered. It really is disappointing thinking that me or my car and my money are not good enough for Ryan to tune.. i will try to do my best with it that i can..

Re: Very Disappointed.
Sunday, February 23, 2014 2:04 PM
Ryan and the crew and PnP are very busy. Did you ever think that maybe trying to contact them via the web isn't the best.
I'm sure they have a number, do some searching and give them a call.
Re: Very Disappointed.
Sunday, February 23, 2014 5:22 PM
Also they have been out of town on a trip to help out another jbo member with a turbo ln2. He will get back to you but he is really busy.



"In Oldskool we trust"
Re: Very Disappointed.
Sunday, February 23, 2014 6:03 PM
First off, don't get your panties in a twist and think he is too good for anyone's money. Considering what he has been through the past year and how many hours a day he works to try to get back on his feet... You are lucky to see him not at work. Relax... There's a lot of cars waiting to get tuned by him but he can only go so far so many times to so many places...



Re: Very Disappointed.
Monday, February 24, 2014 6:34 PM
^Vince hit the nail on the head. I don't feel for your pitty party post. He is very busy all the time with the things he has on his plate. How long did you wait before getting a response? Ryan is a great guy to deal with but last I checked tuning is not his primary source of income.






Re: Very Disappointed.
Friday, February 28, 2014 3:31 AM
Posts like this are why I'm no longer tuning for anyone but locals/close friends. Where do people get this sense of entitlement? Just because someone has a skill for tuning doesn't mean they owe you anything.

As mentioned, give the man some slack. Consider that he has a real full time job. Consider that real life makes you busy sometimes. Consider that he is extremely good at what he does, and there are probably a hundred people waiting in front of you for a visit from him.
Re: Very Disappointed.
Friday, February 28, 2014 7:02 AM
oldskool wrote:

Posts like this are why I'm no longer tuning for anyone but locals/close friends. Where do people get this sense of entitlement? Just because someone has a skill for tuning doesn't mean they owe you anything.

As mentioned, give the man some slack. Consider that he has a real full time job. Consider that real life makes you busy sometimes. Consider that he is extremely good at what he does, and there are probably a hundred people waiting in front of you for a visit from him.

Hey bro I'm leaking oil and I keep hearing rattling noises from the motor. I think I need a retune!



"In Oldskool we trust"
Re: Very Disappointed.
Friday, February 28, 2014 10:03 AM
I think you guys should cut my big brother some slack!! I mean seriously! it was a stupid rant, he felt that he was being brushed off because he drives a sunfire, Anyway< if ya want to be pissed at someone make it me! be pissed at a young lady! see how manly that makes you feel!! Bye bye!
Nikki..
Re: Very Disappointed.
Friday, February 28, 2014 10:35 AM
Nikki wrote:

I think you guys should cut my big brother some slack!! I mean seriously! it was a stupid rant, he felt that he was being brushed off because he drives a sunfire, Anyway< if ya want to be pissed at someone make it me! be pissed at a young lady! see how manly that makes you feel!! Bye bye!
Nikki..
I cannot speak for the other members who posted, I'm not pissed at anybody. But your big brother should realize two things...first and foremost, you don't come on to JBO of all sites and taunt or disrespect THE most respected tuner of jbodies and other platforms for that matter. Secondly, are you a troll, or are you serious? You are suggesting that a jbody enthusiast site is discriminating against jbodies?? Again, I don't care what he drives, you get the same respect that you give.
Re: Very Disappointed.
Friday, February 28, 2014 10:36 AM
Y3llowCav wrote:


Hey bro I'm leaking oil and I keep hearing rattling noises from the motor. I think I need a retune!
Exactly lol - it could very well be one of these cases. You just never know!
Re: Very Disappointed.
Friday, February 28, 2014 10:48 AM




"In Oldskool we trust"

Re: Very Disappointed.
Friday, February 28, 2014 11:15 AM
Just curious.... is there any reason why Nick posts thread's about something, people reply, he says nothing back then his sister, Nikki posts on here for him? I also find it funny about him using forms of social media to get a hold of what sounds to be a very respected and busy tuner. Yet he doesn't have time to come back on the forum site he posts on complaining about the tuner to see what people have said?

From reading these other threads, he has a 2001 turboed 2200 and may not be tuned.
Thread from earlier this month about friend who is not tuned
Thread that was posted a few hours after this current one,

If it was me, I would make better planning on tuning before I install a turbo on my car. Also, there is many members on here that have tried helping you in other threads but if you don't come back to check, how can they help you? Your making a bad name for yourself and others may not want to help you out with that attitude. As well, even when a newbie comes on the forum looking for help, no one will want to help him because the senior members are probably tired of trying to help someone just to get bashed.

Read oldskool's post again....


oldskool wrote:

Posts like this are why I'm no longer tuning for anyone but locals/close friends. Where do people get this sense of entitlement? Just because someone has a skill for tuning doesn't mean they owe you anything.

As mentioned, give the man some slack. Consider that he has a real full time job. Consider that real life makes you busy sometimes. Consider that he is extremely good at what he does, and there are probably a hundred people waiting in front of you for a visit from him.



2000 Cavalier Z24 5spd - Intake, Dynomax muffler, Hawk Pads, Powerslot rotors, Sportlines/Koni reds, Neon Coil, MSD 8.5 Wires - **SOLD**
2014 Kia Forte Koup SX 6spd - 1.6L Turbo - My new car
2015 Kia Sorento EX V6 AWD - Wifes Car

Re: Very Disappointed.
Friday, February 28, 2014 11:48 AM
First off, yes, she was being serious, This site is mainly geared towards CAVALIER'S, Not sunfire's. and, my car has been boosted for going on 8+ years now. it is slightly tuned,as i like to call it, with an Safc. but, we all know, that doesn't cut the mustard. but, I, or the company that done my turbo install didn't know about HP tuners at that time. I am SORRY for this thread, it was waaay out of line of me to post. I meant zero disrespect towards Ryan, or anyone else. And no, my car isn't Leaking oil and making noises, it is running strong. has been all these years. My sister is Not a troll, she is a very beautiful young lady whom I love with my whole heart. she was just Looking out for me.
Re: Very Disappointed.
Friday, February 28, 2014 12:28 PM
Quote:

About Us
This website is dedicated to the General Motors J-platform vehicles. These include the Chevrolet Cavalier, Pontiac Sunfire, Sunbird and J2000, Olds Firenza, Buick SkyHawk and Cadillac Cimarron. The purpose of this site is to educate and inform others about these cars, as well as to put j-body owners in contact with other owners and resources.


You say this site is geared towards cavaliers not sunfires? Do you know what the difference is? Pretty much nothing... The body is a little different, the dash, maybe different factory wheels? Engine, transmission, suspension, brakes, tuning, etc is the exact same. So even if there is more cavalier members, I don't see why that matters? Same car....


2000 Cavalier Z24 5spd - Intake, Dynomax muffler, Hawk Pads, Powerslot rotors, Sportlines/Koni reds, Neon Coil, MSD 8.5 Wires - **SOLD**
2014 Kia Forte Koup SX 6spd - 1.6L Turbo - My new car
2015 Kia Sorento EX V6 AWD - Wifes Car

Re: Very Disappointed.
Friday, February 28, 2014 1:15 PM
Or ..... How about with all of the extensive write-ups on here, you could search, and you could tune it yourself.
With over 8+ years of running boosted, you could really have that thing dialed right in.
Re: Very Disappointed.
Friday, February 28, 2014 1:40 PM
Yes , Bobby, That is what im going to do. I am saving up to get my own HP tuners. I would much rather learn it myself instead of having to Bother someone else to do it. I just need to save the money to get it..Fun fun!!
Re: Very Disappointed.
Friday, February 28, 2014 1:51 PM
That's my plan, never used HPT but there is a lot of good write ups in this forum and others, HP Tuners have a forum too, that can help you learn lots of stuff. Lots of willing guys to help you too if you do run into problems but got to be patience.


2000 Cavalier Z24 5spd - Intake, Dynomax muffler, Hawk Pads, Powerslot rotors, Sportlines/Koni reds, Neon Coil, MSD 8.5 Wires - **SOLD**
2014 Kia Forte Koup SX 6spd - 1.6L Turbo - My new car
2015 Kia Sorento EX V6 AWD - Wifes Car

Re: Very Disappointed.
Friday, February 28, 2014 4:00 PM
Y3llowCav wrote:

oldskool wrote:

Posts like this are why I'm no longer tuning for anyone but locals/close friends. Where do people get this sense of entitlement? Just because someone has a skill for tuning doesn't mean they owe you anything.

As mentioned, give the man some slack. Consider that he has a real full time job. Consider that real life makes you busy sometimes. Consider that he is extremely good at what he does, and there are probably a hundred people waiting in front of you for a visit from him.

Hey bro I'm leaking oil and I keep hearing rattling noises from the motor. I think I need a retune!




Not funny.




On the inside my car looks like a fighter jet.
Re: Very Disappointed.
Friday, February 28, 2014 4:21 PM
Rob Dotterer wrote:

Y3llowCav wrote:

oldskool wrote:

Posts like this are why I'm no longer tuning for anyone but locals/close friends. Where do people get this sense of entitlement? Just because someone has a skill for tuning doesn't mean they owe you anything.

As mentioned, give the man some slack. Consider that he has a real full time job. Consider that real life makes you busy sometimes. Consider that he is extremely good at what he does, and there are probably a hundred people waiting in front of you for a visit from him.

Hey bro I'm leaking oil and I keep hearing rattling noises from the motor. I think I need a retune!

Was not meant to you at all but LOL


Not funny.




"In Oldskool we trust"
Re: Very Disappointed.
Saturday, March 01, 2014 3:25 PM
Rick, I totally agree. there is Lots of info here and on the HP tuners forum, im sure we can get the hang of it. I really want to learn to tune anyways. your right, patience is key..
Re: Very Disappointed.
Tuesday, March 04, 2014 7:32 AM
WoW...... Well, to start off, nobody's money is not "good enough" for me, but fact of the matter is, most people here cry like a b!tch when I quote for a tune... Lets face it, "most" (not all) Jbody owners are a bunch of cheap ass kids who can't afford the mods they seek, let alone gas money... As far as why I have not responded, I will give you all the facts so we can keep them straight.

Fact 1: I have been very busy with my full time job, plus busy trying to get some cars completed for TX2K. You have to remember, I work on and tune alot of other platforms than this dying platform with a sh!tty PCM. I do quite a bit of LSx and Cobalts, and they keep me busy.

Fact 2: I have been traveling back and forth from STL to Ohio quite a bit due to my grandmother being on her death bed. Family is my #1 priority, and doing what I need to do for them comes before anybody's car and their bullsh!t problems with it.

Fact 3: I don't "live" on the internet. I don't get on here very often, and don't check my FB everyday. I have a LIFE, and its a very busy one at that.

Fact 4: During the timeline that you have been trying to contact me, my grandmother did pass, and like i said in Fact #2, FAMILY COMES FIRST!




P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq


Re: Very Disappointed.
Tuesday, March 04, 2014 7:38 AM
QWK LN2 (P&P Tuning) wrote:

Fact 4: During the timeline that you have been trying to contact me, my grandmother did pass, and like i said in Fact #2, FAMILY COMES FIRST!

Sorry to hear this Ryan. Best wishes..



"In Oldskool we trust"
Re: Very Disappointed.
Tuesday, March 04, 2014 7:44 AM
Y3llowCav wrote:

QWK LN2 (P&P Tuning) wrote:

Fact 4: During the timeline that you have been trying to contact me, my grandmother did pass, and like i said in Fact #2, FAMILY COMES FIRST!

Sorry to hear this Ryan. Best wishes..
Thank you. Everything happened so fast. I went and saw her the night me and Vinny met up, and she looked like she was doing good and could be going home soon (had a major surgery in January)... Within a week, things took a turn for the worse. Goal was to keep her comfortable. I'm handling it ok, but have some family that is still taking this pretty hard. Regardless, thanks for your thoughts.




P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Re: Very Disappointed.
Wednesday, March 05, 2014 7:27 PM
First off, I AM VERY DEEPLY SORRY about your grandmaw, our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I lost my grandmaw oct 27 2010. we knew it was coming, but, it was still very hard. still is sometimes. They are both in a much better place now. we must remember that. 2. I am maning up and and saying I was an ass with posting this thread. I am sorry for real! it was wrong and out of line. I have given the wrong impression of me. I am a very good person. I just had an ass moment. I am married. and have a family myself. A little sis who is my whole world. I am 34yrs old. I was out of line. and am admitting it right here to you. I am sorry again from the bottom of my heart i am sorry. I will show that i am respectful. i hope things get better for you and your family Man!
Nick.
Re: Very Disappointed.
Friday, March 07, 2014 5:54 AM
Good show^.

Sorry for your loss Ryan. My condolences.



Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

 

Start New Topic Advanced Search