injector constant - issues and a theory - Page 2 - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: injector constant - issues and a theory
Sunday, July 06, 2014 7:18 AM
From what I understand from taking to people, ms2 would suffice... thoughts?

Sunday, July 06, 2014 12:18 PM
Addicted to meth wrote:I really like MS3. I used it on a Miata and it was bad ass.

I like MS3 because it has the tougher weather proof case and AMPSEAL connectors.

I'd ideally like to use that but the one I have is the old EMS PRO MS1 box that is no longer supported.

eventually I'll use MS3... it would be nice to make it a plug n play stand alone.. plug factory PCM in for inspection, go home and swap back to MS3 for actual tunability.

Sunday, July 06, 2014 12:21 PM
DaFlyinSkwirl (Pj) wrote:eventually I'll use MS3... it would be nice to make it a plug n play stand alone.. plug factory PCM in for inspection, go home and swap back to MS3 for actual tunability.

I need to buy another car so I can do exactly the same thing.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Sunday, July 06, 2014 2:23 PM
DaFlyinSkwirl (Pj) wrote:
Addicted to meth wrote:I really like MS3. I used it on a Miata and it was bad ass.

I like MS3 because it has the tougher weather proof case and AMPSEAL connectors.

I'd ideally like to use that but the one I have is the old EMS PRO MS1 box that is no longer supported.

eventually I'll use MS3... it would be nice to make it a plug n play stand alone.. plug factory PCM in for inspection, go home and swap back to MS3 for actual tunability.

If Megasquirt had a plug and play unit for the J's like they do for other cars (Miata being one), that would be awesome!!

FU Tuning

Sunday, July 06, 2014 5:19 PM
I know my opinion means nothing since I'm not experienced in tuning, but I'm going MS2+ In parallel to avoid situations like this. There comes a point when you realize you've invested far too much money to try and have everything supported by a bandaged geriatric like backbone of an ECU.

Cut out all the headaches and just run something that works, no need to make things any more complicated.

Both you PJ, and Curtis, are part of the reason I've even made it as far as I have. Yes, my car still isn't running, but the intent and motivation is still there because of JBO users like you guys.

I'm looking forward to the car running, and running hella well PJ.

Sunday, July 06, 2014 5:38 PM
Thrice . wrote:I know my opinion means nothing since I'm not experienced in tuning, but I'm going MS2+ In parallel to avoid situations like this. There comes a point when you realize you've invested far too much money to try and have everything supported by a bandaged geriatric like backbone of an ECU.

Cut out all the headaches and just run something that works, no need to make things any more complicated.

Both you PJ, and Curtis, are part of the reason I've even made it as far as I have. Yes, my car still isn't running, but the intent and motivation is still there because of JBO users like you guys.

I'm looking forward to the car running, and running hella well PJ.

A build like yours I would also go megasquirt.

FU Tuning

Sunday, July 06, 2014 6:59 PM
the car is WAY more behaved on a fake 3 bar tune

i'll update again soon

Friday, July 11, 2014 5:30 PM
I wanted to update on one of the cars I tuned. It has 80lb injectors. IPW table is 1.0 all the way across. It is running on the factory 1bar OS, but using a 2.5 Tmap for a 2 bar fake. The injector constant is not the same as it would be if figured off a stock constant with 80's.

The car did have some warm start issues, but was able to fix that with the start up VE file. Now car starts normal and runs great. Runs close to 20psi with a 1to1 AFPR and upgraded intank and a booster pump with upgraded fuel lines from the tank top the front. I had to use the VE tables to take fuel out.

FU Tuning

Friday, July 11, 2014 7:31 PM
Addicted to meth wrote:
DaFlyinSkwirl (Pj) wrote:

If Megasquirt had a plug and play unit for the J's like they do for other cars (Miata being one), that would be awesome!!

Its too bad Ron never finished his plug and play pcm
Wednesday, July 16, 2014 3:54 AM
Honestly wiring up a plug-n-play MS3 wouldn't be terrible to do. After the correct wires are identified it is just a lot of crimping, and matching the colors up. It would take quite a while. I have debated it. I'm more than confident I could make up a harness if I needed to.

I'll do some more research and see how much work it would actually be.

Added:
So while reading the MS3 Pro Manual....
Quote:

Specific ignitions: GM 7X
This appears on several GM four and six cylinder engines with distributorless ignitions. GM refers to
the crank wheel in their internal documentation as a 7X trigger wheel. It has six equally spaced teeth
and a seventh tooth for cylinder identification. Cam input is supported for sequential injection.

Now isn't that nice! So the stock VR crank sensor and our 7X trigger should work just fine. Also, can be run it batch fire mode to not running a CAM sensor. Which is nice for the LD9 guys running Quad 4 cams.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edited Wednesday, July 16, 2014 4:46 AM

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Thursday, July 17, 2014 12:26 AM
Also the cam sensor-less ecotecs.... Hmmm..... I might have to play around and research this myself.

Currently #4 in Ecotec Forced Induction horsepower ratings. 505.8 WHP 414WTQ!!!
Currently 3rd quickest Ecotec on the .org - 10.949 @ 131.50 MPH!!!

Thursday, July 17, 2014 4:39 AM
Mike I would drive down and help you wire it up....just saying.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Thursday, July 17, 2014 8:26 PM
what ended up happening was my PCM was saying it wanted more fuel... but the formula between the wideband and the scanner was wrong.

it's running great now.

Friday, July 18, 2014 7:09 AM
DaFlyinSkwirl (Pj) wrote:what ended up happening was my PCM was saying it wanted more fuel... but the formula between the wideband and the scanner was wrong.

it's running great now.

Well @!#$.
Did you put everything back to "normalish" settings, or should I say more typical settings?

PRND321 Till I DIE
Friday, July 18, 2014 5:30 PM
the car is now running a 3 bar fake tune.

constant is more normal, but the fake tune changes the requirements of the constant.

the car is a @!#$ beast now. I have the largest AEM nozzle spraying 100% denatured alcohol (630cc/min)

best time I could get last weekend was a 13.3 @ 110mph

I can't grip off the line worth a crap but the car has killer top end

Friday, July 18, 2014 6:59 PM
110 could be high 12s....with a great 60 foot.

How much fuel did you have to remove for that much meth?

PRND321 Till I DIE
Thursday, July 24, 2014 4:05 AM
-MD- Enforcer wrote:Mike I would drive down and help you wire it up....just saying.

Well I want to do an E85 fake 3 bar on my stock PCM for the time being. My tuner is more than confident that we can make it work and work well. If the results are less than satisfactory, ill delve more into the MS setup. But just due to my nature, and after telling AEM to basically get F*kced, I would love to work on a project like this and see it work. Especially since the cam-less setups are supported. Im more than willing to collaborate on this project.

Currently #4 in Ecotec Forced Induction horsepower ratings. 505.8 WHP 414WTQ!!!
Currently 3rd quickest Ecotec on the .org - 10.949 @ 131.50 MPH!!!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search