ecu not performing readiness tests! - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
ecu not performing readiness tests!
Tuesday, July 22, 2014 5:25 AM
What's up guys? Just need a lil info. I'm trying to get an inspection & it's not passing causee the ecu is not performing the emissions readiness tests. I didn't touch the diagnostics with HP tuners so I am not sure why? Is my ecu bad? Hopefully someone can help cause I need to pass inspection.
2000 chevy s10 2.2 5 speed flex fuel. I run e85 full time. Thanks.

Re: ecu not performing readiness tests!
Tuesday, July 22, 2014 7:59 AM
is it suspending the monitors? Usually this will happen because a component is faulty or not passing, I can give you more information if you can tell me the monitor that didn't complete or run, never seen a ECU be faulty because of a monitor..

Tuesday, July 22, 2014 9:23 AM
The monitors that are showing not ready or incomplete are heated catalyst, evap, o2, all the major ones. The secondary a.I.r. injection shows "complete" cause I unchecked it & put do not report on hp tuners. All I need is 2 monitors to show complete to pasd.
Also I completed a "drive cycle" this morning & it still didn't work!!
Thanks for the help man
Tuesday, July 22, 2014 10:34 AM
did you look at IAT values and CLT temps? These will be suspended only for a couple reasons... are they incomplete or suspended? What scanner do you have?

Tuesday, July 22, 2014 12:35 PM
I have the standard hp tuners scanner. The Closed Loop values r stock & my truck runs normal in CL. The o2 sensors run normal as well with the bank 1 sensor switching rich - lean & bank 2 at a steady reading. My iat values I left stock except I zeroed out the multipliers on the iat & ect just to tune. I also matched all my timing tables to the High Octane table just for tuning. I'm wondering if I load my stock tune back in just for the inspection that it will work?
Tuesday, July 22, 2014 1:16 PM
ya, if you are tuning, that is beyond what I can help with as I have a tuner.... I understand the stock format stuff but not what you are modifying and playing with sorry buddy.

Tuesday, July 22, 2014 2:11 PM
Ah I got it!!!! Thanks for your help bro. I figured it out. I just turned all my diagnostic errors off & made them so they don't report to the ecu. Only for the inspection. With that all the tests show complete!!!!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search