HPT without Fmu? - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
HPT without Fmu?
Thursday, July 24, 2014 3:46 PM
If I have the base hahn stage II kit can I have my car tuned with HPT without using the fmu? The wastegate spring is 8psi. Could I get by with my stock regulator or even just an afpr? I've had nothing but problems with the cartech/begi 2025 since I got it. The base idle adjustment does nothing and it slowly raises pressure every 1-2 days by about 1psi. So it started at 40psi when I put the kit in. Now when I start my car it's at 70psi. I have no more adjustment as the center screw is backed all the way out. I want to get rid of it completely. Thanks

Re: HPT without Fmu?
Thursday, July 24, 2014 4:51 PM
I ran 12psi with stock fpr. Went to the aeromotive adjustable 1:1 when we went for high boost.

Higher manifold pressure "pushes fuel back" Into the injector. So higher fuel pressure in relation reduces this and allows the injector to operate at 100%. With less pressure you have less resistance. It worked for me.

Trying to make the injectors "bigger" with higher pressure is not the whole story with boost applications.

"A car just isn't a car without a little blood, sweat, and beers." -- Shadowfire
Thursday, July 24, 2014 7:00 PM
So with the stock regulator I could have it tuned for the 8psi easily? Would it have to be like a fake 2 bar map? I talked to the guy who would be tuning my car and he didn't look very deep into it but he didn't think he'd be able to tune it without the fmu.
Thursday, July 24, 2014 8:14 PM
I don't like to speak in depth about what's best for who regarding HOW a car is tuned cause I'm not yet well versed in what the actual tunes are conspired of. I'm learning though.

But you should be able to do stock fpr and not need a 2 bar setup, it could be done with alpha n. A map tune would be best with a 2 bar setup though. And even then a stock fpr should get you there. That's provided you have large enough injectors for what you're trying to accomplish.

"A car just isn't a car without a little blood, sweat, and beers." -- Shadowfire
Friday, July 25, 2014 8:12 AM
Our Stock fpr is a 1:1 for boost reference. ..just an fyi.

Friday, July 25, 2014 9:30 AM
I didn't know that. Explains why it worked so well lol

Friday, July 25, 2014 4:22 PM
Yes your car could be tuned on the stock FPR and stock map sensor to run your goal no problem.

FU Tuning

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search