MAP sensor/tuning - 2.2 eco ecu - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
MAP sensor/tuning - 2.2 eco ecu
Wednesday, July 23, 2014 6:06 PM
having issue getting the tuning guy to make my car run proper.

have a 2.2 ecotec ecu , with 2.2 eco bottom end , bored out etc..with a 2.0 eco top end ... 42 lb injectors ..comp cams etc etc

try 1 / tuned the 2.5 t map... car would run lean and misfire on 2 and 3 on idle only... engine code etc

try 2 / 2.5 t map wired up to just be a temp senor, and wired in the stock 2.2 map sensor - car runs rich as @!#$ sometimes it can stall... idle is off - but NO engine light came on

im tryin to get this thing tuned..and do an e test...

what the heck do I do

or how is this suppose to be tuned and what map sensors should I use...

Re: MAP sensor/tuning - 2.2 eco ecu
Wednesday, July 23, 2014 7:00 PM
Sounds like he doesnt know how to tune this kind of ECU.

FU Tuning

Thursday, July 24, 2014 8:16 AM
well any input would help on how it should be setup .
Thursday, July 24, 2014 8:32 AM
Addicted to meth wrote:Sounds like he doesnt know how to tune this kind of ECU.

I agree 1000% with John on this.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Thursday, July 24, 2014 10:55 AM
don't a lot of people have issues like this ? tuning guy insists its not him he knows what hes doing etc .
Thursday, July 24, 2014 12:44 PM
A good 90% of the people that say they can tune our PCM are completely full of @!#$.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Thursday, July 24, 2014 1:06 PM
tuner just went to the shop and did a flash on it im told.. using the 2.5 tmap on 2.2 eco computer... issue is, I have to keep the a/c on ..on idle so it wont misfire im told
and..when I drive it it wont misfire at all...if the a/c is on or off... so when it has load it doesn't misfire.. the engine light might come on tho , ( he tuned it this way before ..then changed it , now back tho this) is how I know..
Thursday, July 24, 2014 2:46 PM
-MD- Enforcer wrote:A good 90% of the people that say they can tune our PCM are completely full of @!#$.

You could almost go to 95% on this.

OP where are you located?

"In Oldskool we trust"
Thursday, July 24, 2014 4:03 PM
P0300 is common on cammed L61s because of the "compression sense" ignition system - you can either accept it, or disable it and live with that. If you are getting a P0301, 0302, 0303, or 0304, you're gonna have to check plugs, ICM, and/or injectors, etc for a potential hardware problem - trying to tune around that is a big no-no.

In addition, if the tuner knows what he's doing, then he knows how to scale EVERY map referenced table in the tune for a 2.5 bar fake, and how to adjust the injector constant for that map sensor, since baro is a background multiplier for that constant (a 2.5 bar reads 40 kpa at 100 kpa absolute, approximate barometric pressure)
Thursday, July 24, 2014 10:49 PM
I don't have any codes except misfire, but since he retuned / flashed it today, no light has come on
Friday, July 25, 2014 10:39 PM
Unless you are trying to squeeze every single last bit of HP out of the motor then you can really just stick with the stock 1 bar map and work out an IAT. I am currently running the 2.5bar TMAP with just the IAT hooked up at the moment with the stock 1bar map running the rest. Our computer does not use MAP on the running fuel calculations as mentioned, alpha-n, it's main function is spark control. Just because your tuner can tune killer speed density and MAF controlled EFI (most other cars), that does not mean he is proficient at tuning our computers.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search