Cobalt SS PCM swap -P12 research- - Page 3 - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Cobalt SS PCM swap -P12 research-
Tuesday, July 29, 2014 4:13 PM
Has this project made it any further?

My J-body was totaled and now I'm looking to swap my 2.2 motor into a Delta body (Redline or SS.). Just curious to see how things worked out before I make my attempt.

Tuesday, July 29, 2014 4:49 PM
voltagebrains wrote:Has this project made it any further?

My J-body was totaled and now I'm looking to swap my 2.2 motor into a Delta body (Redline or SS.). Just curious to see how things worked out before I make my attempt.

the PCM, modified pedal assembly and the pedal were sold a while ago. I've given up and decided to stick with the P11.

it depends on the year Delta, but the LSJ cars (SS and redline) were the 58x reluctor pattern so your engine won't work.

Thursday, July 31, 2014 5:43 PM
Well I would adapt the proper reluctor wheel.
Friday, August 01, 2014 3:18 AM
voltagebrains wrote:Well I would adapt the proper reluctor wheel.

...and you plan to do this how?

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Friday, August 01, 2014 3:33 PM
-MD- Enforcer wrote:
voltagebrains wrote:Well I would adapt the proper reluctor wheel.

...and you plan to do this how?

the cobalts reluctors bolt on to the crankshaft

the only thing is the older style (7x) are still made the old way, which is cast into the crank... so I dont' think the OP's plan will work.

Friday, August 01, 2014 8:08 PM
An aftermarket crank pulley with a 58x reluctor adapted to it. Possibly an LS1 wheel?

I don't see why that wouldn't work. I think its worth a shot.
Friday, August 01, 2014 10:23 PM
voltagebrains wrote:An aftermarket crank pulley with a 58x reluctor adapted to it. Possibly an LS1 wheel?

I don't see why that wouldn't work. I think its worth a shot.

you're missing the point of why I wanted to do this.

the engine I swapped in had the 58x pattern already. I was running an external ring (and still am) with the 7x pattern.

I was going to go to the updated PCM for more tunability and native control of the engine but decided against it because it would be more involved then I wanted it to be.

Saturday, August 02, 2014 3:46 PM
No, I understand your reasoning. I read the forum. I already have a L61 built, and want to continue using that motor but would like to upgrade from the JBody. I can't justify spending 3-4k on another Cav with a decent body when I can get a Cobalt or Redline for a little more. That's why I am interested in doing this. If I get the car and realize it is going to be more work than it's worth, I'll just build the LSJ and swap the supercharger with my turbo.

I appreciate the help though.
Friday, August 15, 2014 3:41 PM
then use a 2.2 LAP crank as it comes with a 60-2 aka 58X crank wheel then you have a built 2.2 still that can be ran off the p12 PCM

RIP Cpl Derek Kerns And Cpl Robby Reyes
24th MEU VMM-261 (REIN) V22 Crewchiefs
11 April 2012 Morocco (African Lion)
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search